Just saved money by switching to...

Well more like...

... by overclocking my 2x8gb HyperX Savage DDR3 ram from 1600 to 2200.

Never really thought about overclocking my ram since everything ran fine until I got PUBG. I know this game is still under development and poorly optimized in its current state but the frametimes are much improved with no more stuttering after overclocking my ram to 2200. I would've spent money on upgrading to a newer cpu and mobo but my system will last me another 3-4 years. I do play the game at 3440x1440 and fps is around 70-115ish depending where I am on the map and how many players are visible. CPU is an i7 4770k o/c to 4.5ghz and GPU is a GTX 1080 (2.35ghz gpu/ 6ghz mem).

Status update material, but nice nonetheless. Pretty nice OCs on RAM and GPU.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

I was expecting geico 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I OC'd my memory from 1333 to 1866 a while back, I honestly never ran my memory at 1333, that was one of the first things I did once I confirmed my PC was working haha.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

since u *oc* ur ram, u should put in the timings because way loose timings will actually be slower in general

a 1600mhz cas 6 kit would perform better then a 1866 cas 9 kit , by quite abit for example

(◑‿◐)

14 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

since u *oc* ur ram, u should put in the timings because way loose timings will actually be slower in general

a 1600mhz cas 6 kit would perform better then a 1866 cas 9 kit , by quite abit for example

The higher the freq the slower the timings went. Tried to lower the timings and increase voltage but 11-12-12 was the most stable at 1.52 volts.

2 minutes ago, RiceAhoy said:

The higher the freq the slower the timings went. Tried to lower the timings and increase voltage but 11-12-12 was the most table at 1.52 volts.

for an significant oc as 1600 to 2200mhz 1.52 is too low voltage applied and i can guarantee u those sticks arent stable...

aswell 11-12-12 is quite a high timing for 2200mhz thus not impressed

i personally use 2133 cas 9 - 11 - 11   ( STOCK first timings ) but i tweaked the secondary timings extreme ( 16.6k refresh rate ect )

(◑‿◐)

6 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

for an significant oc as 1600 to 2200mhz 1.52 is too low voltage applied and i can guarantee u those sticks arent stable...

aswell 11-12-12 is quite a high timing for 2200mhz thus not impressed

i personally use 2133 cas 9 - 11 - 11   ( STOCK first timings ) but i tweaked the secondary timings extreme ( 16.6k refresh rate ect )

You are hard to impress or just woke up in a bad mood. All your posts in the forums are nothing but criticism Mrs. Negative Nancy.

2 minutes ago, RiceAhoy said:

You are hard to impress or just woke up in a bad mood. All your posts in the forums are nothing but criticism Mrs. Negative Nancy.

no, the posts u made in another topic were just plain bullshit and extremely bad advice, dont give out bad advice to ppl basicly

also that ram thing is really just not impressive at all. and the fact that i say those sticks are guaranteed not to be stable is just a tip to help u

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

no, the posts u made in another topic were just plain bullshit and extremely bad advice, dont give out bad advice to ppl basicly

also that ram thing is really just not impressive at all. and the fact that i say those sticks are guaranteed not to be stable is just a tip to help u

It wasn't bullshit. You just misread my posts. You need a hug. 2 gtx 1080 sli PSU requires a minimum of 750w so I suggested 850w to be safe.

6 minutes ago, RiceAhoy said:

It wasn't bullshit. You just misread my posts. You need a hug. 2 gtx 1080 sli PSU requires a minimum of 750w so I suggested 850w to be safe.

u recommended this guy that has 2133mhz ram to get 2400mhz ram instead, that will make absolutely no difference and if hed have to swap out hes kit it would be a waste of money,  a 1080sli doesnt require a minimum of 750watt and u can run it just fine on a 650watt even... or a 600watt if u wanna cut it close....   atleast 850watt is bullshit :P

aswell sli 1080gtx doesnt really scale due to gpus beeing ahead of cpus

that op clearly had 2133mhz and u recommended him

Add more ram 2x8GB DDR4 2400 (or higher freq)  < which results into mixed ram frequencies which is NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL and a dumb recommendation

also hes question was 

Are My Mobo and CPU too low end for my rig?

^  hes system was just fine all he needed was a SSD and an extra kit ram ( EXACT SAME KIT AS HE CURRENTLY GOT )

yet u recommended him a sli 1080, which is quite bs for him, and a 850watt psu that he will never need and is overkill + reduces hes power efficiency

i dont need a hug u just need to stop giving bad advice to ppl :P

also once again back to ur topic

i am 100% sure that ram is not stable, if u wanna be stubborn and ignore it go ahead... its not my data that will get silently corrupted in the background :P

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

u recommended this guy that has 2133mhz ram to get 2400mhz ram instead, that will make absolutely no difference and if hed have to swap out hes kit it would be a waste of money,  a 1080sli doesnt require a minimum of 750watt and u can run it just fine on a 650watt even... or a 600watt if u wanna cut it close....   atleast 850watt is bullshit :P

aswell sli 1080gtx doesnt really scale due to gpus beeing ahead of cpus

that op clearly had 2133mhz and u recommended him

Add more ram 2x8GB DDR4 2400 (or higher freq)  < which results into mixed ram frequencies which is NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL and a dumb recommendation

also hes question was 

Are My Mobo and CPU too low end for my rig?

^  hes system was just fine all he needed was a SSD and an extra kit ram ( EXACT SAME KIT AS HE CURRENTLY GOT )

yet u recommended him a sli 1080, which is quite bs for him, and a 850watt psu that he will never need and is overkill + reduces hes power efficiency

i dont need a hug u just need to stop giving bad advice to ppl :P

also once again back to ur topic

i am 100% sure that ram is not stable, if u wanna be stubborn and ignore it go ahead... its not my data that will get silently corrupted in the background :P

HOLY SHIT. Go outside bro. You getting too hyped up. LMAO. My advice did not specifically say mix the ram and I did correct myself to ensure that he wasn't going to mix ram. I don't have time or energy to have a forum war when there's better things to do. Read my posts correctly before replying. You are the only one today that seems to be criticizing everyone's posts. Not just mine. You do need a hug.

3 minutes ago, RiceAhoy said:

HOLY SHIT. Go outside bro. You getting too hyped up. LMAO. My advice did not specifically say mix the ram and I did correct myself to ensure that he wasn't going to mix ram. I don't have time or energy to have a forum war when there's better things to do. Read my posts correctly before replying. You are the only one today that seems to be criticizing everyone's posts. Not just mine. You do need a hug.

i dont criticize good advice, just the bs advice u gave him lol

anyway im out xD cya ( just stop giving bs advice ;p )

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i dont criticize good advice, just the bs advice u gave him lol

anyway im out xD cya

My hug offer is still valid. Some sunlight might help out as well.

30 minutes ago, RiceAhoy said:

The higher the freq the slower the timings went. Tried to lower the timings and increase voltage but 11-12-12 was the most stable at 1.52 volts.

You can go way higher that 1.52V. Up to around 1.65V to 1.7V iirc is fine for daily. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

You can go way higher that 1.52V. Up to around 1.65V to 1.7V iirc is fine for daily. 

I'll try increasing the DRAM voltage later today and see if I can tighten the timings a bit more. Just busy lately and barely have time to toy with overclocking issues. I'm pleased with stable and smooth gameplay. Not really into benchmarking or memory testing.

Was able to push my DDR3 1600 to 2400 at 1.65v. The timings are still high at 11-13-13-35. PC does not boot past bios with lower timings. Not going to go past 1.65v because I'm a sissy.