Student laptops for next year advice?

Hi, I'm a high school student enrolling in my last year of high school, and I plan on buying a laptop for the upcoming year for college. I want to buy a laptop but hate the feeling of buyers remorse, and I want to know if I should take an opportunity to buy a laptop around black friday or cyber monday, or plan on waiting until the summer to buy a laptop for school. Could anyone give me some advice on what to do? I also don't know exactly what I want because of my budget, which is no more than 800 dollars. So again, any advice on what to do and what to get? I prefer a touchscreen or 2 in 1 device that is a good product for its price, thanks for the advice!

id take the wait, either that or look at second had if your open to it.

i made the mistake of getting a large laptop for uni , and am regretting it, having a light, long battery life would be what i would go for if i was buying again, something like an xps 15 would be ideal in my eyes

I don't think it matters when you buy it, Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales are probably not going to be any better than Back-To-School sales for popular brands and/or models above trash tier.

Since technology is still moving at a decent pace, I'd say wait until just before school because I'm sure the landscape will look better.

Get something well built with a long lasting battery. Something like a ThinkPad, Latitude, XPS, and even a MacBook Pro. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, moltencrystal said:

id take the wait, either that or look at second had if your open to it.

i made the mistake of getting a large laptop for uni , and am regretting it, having a light, long battery life would be what i would go for if i was buying again, something like an xps 15 would be ideal in my eyes

That does looks like a good option, but I can't find the xps for less than like 1200 dollars?

Wait until it's time to start college and then look for a laptop.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, TechyNoob said:

That does looks like a good option, but I can't find the xps for less than like 1200 dollars?

dell outlet do some good deals at the right time, that and whatever your preferred auction site is

In that price range you have: Lenovo Ideapad or Flex, Acer Spin, Asus Zenbook, Dell Inspiron. And with a bigger budget (up to 200$) HP Envy, Microsoft Surface Book, or the Lenovo Yoga with good build quality, etc.

18 hours ago, TechyNoob said:

Hi, I'm a high school student enrolling in my last year of high school, and I plan on buying a laptop for the upcoming year for college. I want to buy a laptop but hate the feeling of buyers remorse, and I want to know if I should take an opportunity to buy a laptop around black friday or cyber monday, or plan on waiting until the summer to buy a laptop for school. Could anyone give me some advice on what to do? I also don't know exactly what I want because of my budget, which is no more than 800 dollars. So again, any advice on what to do and what to get? I prefer a touchscreen or 2 in 1 device that is a good product for its price, thanks for the advice!

Id wait closer to when your going to leave for college. Get something light weight and good battery life. Stay away from gaming machines. Actually I read an article recently that Microsoft is working on laptops running on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 chip. Through the use of emulation you will be able to run some desktop apps such as Office. These machines will have incredible battery life for a Windows machine. Not sure on the costs, but they should be light weight. 

The biggies are size and battery life though. I have a 15inch gaming laptop and Im a college student. I hate my laptop. I dont use it for gaming as I got a gaming desktop and I hate the battery life because I might get 2 hours if Im lucky or one class period. Its a pain to lug around due to its size. Which is why Im actually looking at a Chromebook or one of these ARM based Windows machines in the future. So I can have something light weight and has good battery life. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I have to say dont get a macbook because ive seen kid who have macbook unable to continue or sell there macbook just because their macbook aren't compatible with certain programs/software like visual studios or publisher...