ASUS Announces Direct CUII R9 290X

digitalnav

why did they make it so thin????? grr now have to wait even longer for something better

Wtf, something better ? You haven't even seen any results yet and you're already crying ? Get serious please. That thing is going to cool the chip just fine.

B2t: Was about time, now a 290 version of that and there is a real incentive to buy one. 

i cant wait to see how this will perform. Hopefully this one wont have a secondary function as jet engine

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

$$$$$$ i need to know i have 600 i need to know how much more i need

I need this. Although, a reference with a waterblock sounds nice too.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

tumblr_mnhmx53XGr1ssywizo1_500.gif

See.. even overweight spidey is loving it!

Hopefully can get before Xmas!!!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The non reference 290s need to drop already! It's the last thing I have to buy for my PC!

6+8 pin? LOL

most likely msi version with dual 8 pins AND a 6 pin will kick the asus card ass

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

tumblr_mnhmx53XGr1ssywizo1_500.gif

See.. even overweight spidey is loving it!

Hopefully can get before Xmas!!!

wow what the? thats a huge spidey

6+8 pin? LOL

most likely msi version with dual 8 pins AND a 6 pin will kick the asus card ass

I don't see the purpose of having 3 power connectors on an already super power hungry single GPU card...

If you were utilize the power of the extra 6 pin, you'd end up boiling the Liquid or frying the card (being hyperbolic)

Other than LN2, I don't see the purpose of having the extra power connector. Just my opinion I suppose.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Can't wait for the temperature numbers on this thing!

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

GIMME GIMME!

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Is it my eyes or it looks thinner than the 780?

it does look thinner, but i think its prolly the angle of the pic or the length\width is bigger, so it looks thinner. my old DCII 780 was a true 2 slot and so is this...

I wonder if it still sounds like a whale is giving birth when the fan is at 50%.

my 780 with the same cooler wasn't, dont see why this would be...  

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Like several others have mentioned, I wanna see this on the 290 and less thin,

Honestly asus, get a better bloody camera, stop taking pictures from your phone, they suck balls

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Just looks like any other DCU2 card. Hopefully this card performs a lot better like everyone is expecting.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I hope, but also doubt it. They brought the DCu2 Top 280x back to a dual slot design, you can still get old stock of 7970Ghz DCu2 Top's that have been rebadged as 280x's though. I think they were just getting too many complaints about the cards taking up to much space

https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R9280XDC2T3GD5V2/

they released a V2 that was triple slotted

https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R9280XDC2T3GD5V2/

they released a V2 that was triple slotted

I find it funny that you linked the v2 triple slot, and the picture right under the card is the 2 slot version. 

I may follow this a little more, but honestly I am not its target market (watercooling that is), so don't know. Good design though. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I find it funny that you linked the v2 triple slot, and the picture right under the card is the 2 slot version. 

I may follow this a little more, but honestly I am not its target market (watercooling that is), so don't know. Good design though. 

look at the pic above and below it. its a triple slot card. it confused me at first too but it is a triple slot.

yea you would think asus could put the proper pics on their website xD

look at the pic above and below it. its a triple slot card. it confused me at first too but it is a triple slot.

yea you would think asus could put the proper pics on their website xD

I was not disputing it. If it were dual slot, it would not have the v2 at the end. I just found the picture choice funny. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I own a triple slot 7970 DCUII. Doesn't look as sleek in pictures because it looks and and shapes like a brick....but it feels like a beast when you're holding it. Lol.

Holy heat pipe that thing is huge!

Also why no triple slot? I love the triple slot Direct CU II designs, plus they always added extra

outputs which was a solid plus.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Remember that this 290X is just an example and not the final version.  As others have said, I'd love to see a triple slot like the Matrix.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10