Is buying from Ebay safe?

GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls

i always thought ebay was the '' lets waste our money on a fraud product! ''

But taking a deep look at it now , i encountered all the wonderful opportunities . 

Shoes costing 30 euroes and looking like a 130+ euro worth shoe...

I mean take a look at this!shoe.jpg.447d37d2fb79ec5d9e2cdddf59ba41cb.jpg

It looks awesome and costs 30 euroes...

The seller is top rated , has 5 stars and has sold over a 1000 of these puppies!

Generally though , should i trust these 5 star top-rated sellers or not?

Is ebay safe? (Most of these are from china so it explains the stupid price priceholds)

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is too good to be true: the rating system is just a rough guideline and it might not take into account things like where is the vendor located: A lot of this really good deals end up being people who ship over from China and takes 1 to 3 months of delivery (no exaggeration) 

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is too good to be true: the rating system is just a rough guideline and it might not take into account things like where is the vendor located: A lot of this really good deals end up being people who ship over from China and takes 1 to 3 months of delivery (no exaggeration) 

Sounds intimidating

ive bought a used 980ti from the USA and it works fine, seller had hardly any rating, its just shipping that takes time

ive bought a used 980ti from the USA and it works fine, seller had hardly any rating, its just shipping that takes time

ebay is safe and you are covered by paypal ive never had a problem and spend well over 10k gbp over the past couple of years

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

Just now, ImNotThere said:

how much did it take for ur card to come , and where do u live? was it far? 

Just now, RxL said:

ebay is safe and you are covered by paypal ive never had a problem and spend well over 10k gbp over the past couple of years

allrighty, i hope your statements are legit , now a stupid question...

i have always wanted to buy flavored oreos from ebay , as here in greece we only have normal oreos , thin oreos , vanilla bullsht oreos , cheesecake oreos (pretty good) and choco oreos ( tastes like my butthole)(not rly) 

So if i buy cinammon oreos etc , are they going to be expired? 

100% unsafe buying from ebay.

heres why

1) Overpriced

2) too much fake stuff

3) bad customer support when you get ripped and arent a US ebay customer.

Just now, System Error Message said:

100% unsafe buying from ebay.

heres why

1) Overpriced

2) too much fake stuff

3) bad customer support when you get ripped and arent a US ebay customer.

overpriced? a gtx1070 asus rog strix on ebay costs 270-350 euroes , here in greece the same gpu costs 540 euroes....

And no , not a used gpu from ebay , a brand new one!

12 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

overpriced? a gtx1070 asus rog strix on ebay costs 270-350 euroes , here in greece the same gpu costs 540 euroes....

And no , not a used gpu from ebay , a brand new one!

does it come with the 1 year usual warranty?

1 minute ago, System Error Message said:

does it come with the 1 year usual warranty?

i havent bought one... i was planning to , but due to the price im rly considering as to where to but it from

11 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

i havent bought one... i was planning to , but due to the price im rly considering as to where to but it from

it could be a dud, you must be very careful with the wording. For example, only in US there are laws against fake goods but around the world sellers use ebay to sell fake goods and get away with things by saying stuff like "HDC" (high definition copy) for instance so you cant win when you make a case. For example the guy who bought a ps3 from ebay only to get a picture because of the wording. If it wasnt for the media he'd have never get a ps3 and would be stuck with an overpriced picture.

5 star seller feedback is fake, same with amazon too, most 5 or 1 star feedbacks are fake so i never read them.

4 minutes ago, System Error Message said:

it could be a dud, you must be very careful with the wording. For example, only in US there are laws against fake goods but around the world sellers use ebay to sell fake goods and get away with things by saying stuff like "HDC" (high definition copy) for instance so you cant win when you make a case. For example the guy who bought a ps3 from ebay only to get a picture because of the wording. If it wasnt for the media he'd have never get a ps3 and would be stuck with an overpriced picture.

5 star seller feedback is fake, same with amazon too, most 5 or 1 star feedbacks are fake so i never read them.

but how can it be fake when its buyer biased ?

eBay is like any other sale page. Just check seller rating and make sure any comments don't all sound the same which would show few people with multiple accounts boosting up the rating.

1 minute ago, CopperniX said:

eBay is like any other sale page. Just check seller rating and make sure any comments don't all sound the same which would show few people with multiple accounts boosting up the rating.

well ... i guess experience is all i can work with , ill have to buy something , and if its ok ill keep buying from ebay , if not.. ill just hope for my money back guarantee.

Ill get something cheap

3 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

but how can it be fake when its buyer biased ?

Because a single company could have many sellers who each "buy" and leave 5 star feedback, also some sellers may hate another seller and leave 1 star feedback. There are also bots that not only make new accounts but hack and use other peoples accounts to "buy" and rate the seller highly.

Bots are a problem even on amazon as many 5 or 1 stars are simply fake and bot generated. It shows as buyers if you "buy" something when all that happens is a transaction followed by refund.

In my experience, eBay is fine. Your insurance are PayPal refunds. I am yet to encounter real scams; but keep in mind cheap Made in China crap is still crap.

Just don't let sellers pressure you into using anything else but PayPal, though.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

3 minutes ago, juretrn said:

In my experience, eBay is fine. Your insurance are PayPal refunds. I am yet to encounter real scams; but keep in mind cheap Made in China crap is still crap.

Just don't let sellers pressure you into using anything else but PayPal, though.

paypal is the way to go , but would u recommend me buying stuff from china or us/uk/eu ?

19 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

eBay massively favors the buyer over the seller in disputes, so if you do happen to have a lemon, eBay will favor you over the seller.

I totally agree. That´s why I always cash out instantly when receiving money. The risk of getting scammed is too high. Paypal has to sue me if they want my money.

I've personally only bought from "reputable" sellers and haven't gotten burned (only made like two purchases though)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Half of my rig is from eBay xD Nice little mix of BNIB and used parts. Some of it is Amazon too though. 

Just make sure feedback checks out. Maybe even get them to upload and send a few pictures over to make sure it works. Most sellers who actually care will provide a good listing explaining the product and maybe even a reason for sale.

Nothing wrong with eBae imo. Nectar points are great too. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Half of my rig is from eBay xD Nice little mix of BNIB and used parts. Some of it is Amazon too though. 

Just make sure feedback checks out. Maybe even get them to upload and send a few pictures over to make sure it works. Most sellers who actually care will provide a good listing explaining the product and maybe even a reason for sale.

Nothing wrong with eBae imo. Nectar points are great too. 

my fav comment so far :D