i7-8700K - 10 New 6-Core Records with up to 7300 MHz (en)

Hyped about Linus' review of 8700k... new main stream king? what will be AMD's answer?

this isn't news format 

This isnt in a news format.

10 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

this isn't news format 

2 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

This isnt in a news format. This is just a review.

Well it's news the same way a 0-60 time on a new model of sports car that was tweaked out by NASCAR is news. It's impressive to watch but doesn't really have anything to do with the cars (chips) real world performance. Since nobody is going to run normally they way the car (chip) was modified to get those speeds.

So this is the equivalent of a Car and Driver news story about the latest supercar.

1 hour ago, AncientNerd said:

Well it's news the same way a 0-60 time on a new model of sports car that was tweaked out by NASCAR is news. It's impressive to watch but doesn't really have anything to do with the cars (chips) real world performance. Since nobody is going to run normally they way the car (chip) was modified to get those speeds.

So this is the equivalent of a Car and Driver news story about the latest supercar.

Ignorant post. 

8 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

Ignorant post. 

Really? Are you kidding? It's exactly the same thing. Watch a car video channel, they have exactly the same kind of "watch me modify this new car and make it go fast" videos.

That exact kind of "news" that makes the car enthusiast channels. I take it you are limiting you viewing/reading the tech channels? Or just trying to Troll me? If so you win, I responded. 

Do you think that anyone actually runs at the 7.3GHz speeds? Do you think that this tells us anything useful since he said himself that it wouldn't complete any of the tests they tried to run at higher than 6.9Ghz? I could "Overclock" almost anything almost any speed if it didn't have to actually do anything except boot and show CPUZ 9_9. Now the 6.9 is cool and interesting, but not strictly useful.

4 minutes ago, AncientNerd said:

Really? Are you kidding? It's exactly the same thing. Watch a car video channel, they have exactly the same kind of "watch me modify this new car and make it go fast" videos.

That exact kind of "news" that makes the car enthusiast channels. I take it you are limiting you viewing/reading the tech channels? Or just trying to Troll me? If so you win, I responded. 

Do you think that anyone actually runs at the 7.3GHz speeds? Do you think that this tells us anything useful since he said himself that it wouldn't complete any of the tests they tried to run at higher than 6.9Ghz? I could "Overclock" almost anything almost any speed if it didn't have to actually do anything except boot and show CPUZ 9_9. Now the 6.9 is cool and interesting, but not strictly useful.

Roman der8auer Bauer did it again, this time with the Intel i7-8700K oc'ed to 7.3 GHz on all cores. Not that bad. Cinebench R15 shows impressive results!

59d661155d0e1_Bildschirmfoto2017-10-05um18_38_46.thumb.png.670b664c404c6a5ec21d45c5dc1713d3.png

59d6611e34a16_Bildschirmfoto2017-10-05um18_39_02.thumb.png.921ce2c470fe84a0d10a419ce20af671.png

59d661274223f_Bildschirmfoto2017-10-05um18_39_28.thumb.png.fa0dded71715c9e6079ccf92c6e6a51c.png

It appears to be running Windows 7 with the classic theme enabled just fine. Wait till everybody says "Windows 7 and 8.x ain't gonna work with Kaby Lake or newer".

Repost:

'What is amd's answer?' 

They don't need one. Ryzen 5s and 7s are still the price/performance winner. No need for them to retaliate yet. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

29 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

'What is amd's answer?' 

They don't need one. Ryzen 5s and 7s are still the price/performance winner. No need for them to retaliate yet. 

What does price to performance have to do with extreme overclocking.

13 hours ago, TheBeastPC said:

Repost:

exept thats in the wrong section, threads should be merged though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 hours ago, RAM555789 said:

If clock speeds every hit more than 9000Mhz there will be so many memes.....about TOOO MUCH POWER!

we have gotten close with FX, 8500MHz or so IIRC

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Can someone tell me what I missed about coffee lake? Seemed like skylake and onward people were reaching oc's of barely over 4ghz and  now seems every reviewer hitting 5ghz and over with coffee lake

31 minutes ago, xewp said:

Can someone tell me what I missed about coffee lake? Seemed like skylake and onward people were reaching oc's of barely over 4ghz and  now seems every reviewer hitting 5ghz and over with coffee lake

Coffee Lake from what I remember is just a far more refined process and therefore usually better at OC'ing and more stable. 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Liquid nitrogen overclocks aren't really impressive. On paper it's cool seeing that much raw power, but it's the equivalent of drag car vs a highly tuned street car. Yeah, one is super fast under the right conditions, but which would you rather own? Exactly.

38 minutes ago, xewp said:

I7 4790K i have hits 5GHz, 4.8GHz easy

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I7 4790K i have hits 5GHz, 4.8GHz easy

cool but

40 minutes ago, xewp said:

Can someone tell me what I missed about coffee lake? Seemed like skylake and onward people were reaching oc's of barely over 4ghz and  now seems every reviewer hitting 5ghz and over with coffee lake

Just now, xewp said:

cool but

sorry read that wrong, but people were getting 5GHz on Kabylake from launch. dont remember the Skylake OCs but im pretty sure they were around there too

Builds:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sorry read that wrong, but people were getting 5GHz on Kabylake from launch. dont remember the Skylake OCs but im pretty sure they were around there too

oh i see woops. I'm pretty out of the loop