When will prices drop?

AndrewNTing
Go to solution Solved by Clockwork_princess,
1 hour ago, AndrewNTing said:

FFS i thought mining is pretty dead now and a couple gpus are making small decreases but no real drop 

its just economics 

study it, master it. then you can make a prediction. and by the end of that prices still wont be down xD  

I've been looking at upgrading my PC but every review talks about the price being so much lower than it now is. I know it's because of miners but when will the prices fall back down to normal? 

In the future 

"I'm so glad you're my partner in crime."

"It's the power of best friendship, I know how you roll."

"Chloe, my powers might not last." 

"Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah?" 

"Yes, we'd be tearing up the highway. And you'd probably want me to kiss you again..." 

"I always wanted my life to be special... an adventure... but not without you."

"Because we're back in action again!"

"With great power comes great bullshit."

"Max you are not crazy. You are not dreaming. It’s time to be an everyday hero."

"I wish I could stay in this moment forever. I guess I actually can now, but then it wouldn’t be a moment."

"If that tornado came right now, I would just sit here and watch for a while."

"You're right. We hella deserve this. Splish splash."

"Can we build another pirate fort and keep the world out?"

"When a door closes, a window opens... Or, something like that."

"Listen, whatever happens, I want you to be strong. Even if you feel like I wasn't there for you because I will never abandon you Chloe. I'll always have your back. Always."

2 months ago people said they would go down in a week, well its been 2 months lol

no way to tell you buddy

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

For now, this is the new normal.

Low yields, NAND makers shifting focus, current events...

There is no end in sight.

3 minutes ago, Max Caulfield said:

In the future 

*bvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvsavagememesounds*

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Just now, Clockwork_princess said:

2 months ago people said they would go down in a week, well its been 2 months lol

no way to tell you buddy

FFS i thought mining is pretty dead now and a couple gpus are making small decreases but no real drop 

um... turnip (also I just checked the future, the prices are never dropping, just get used to it)

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

4 minutes ago, Max Caulfield said:

In the future 

Ain't funny

Quote me so I can reply <3

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

For now, this is the new normal.

Low yields, NAND makers shifting focus, current events...

There is no end in sight.

I feel like they're not going to bring them down. They know people will still buy at higher prices and will just think they can carry on. 

2 minutes ago, AndrewNTing said:

I feel like they're not going to bring them down. They know people will still buy at higher prices and will just think they can carry on. 

Correct. Every situation is a shortage or a necessary hike becase X... etc...

1 minute ago, AndrewNTing said:

And they're correct. When the time comes for most of us to upgrade, we'll still pay the markup price because we want a specific part for a specific job.

We don't know when the prices will go down but until flash nand stops being so expensive from the demand, I doubt we'll see prices get lower again for another 4+ months.

As long as mining stays profitable. The reality is the price will most likely stay inflated for many months to come, and by the time the price has come down, there will be a newer GPU where your money is more likely better spent. If you are doing AMD graphics because you have freesync, its understandable trying to get one for good cost. If thats not an issue I would save up a bit more and go with a better option.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Some prices have started to come down already

AS far as it returning to "normal" it might take more than a year at this rate

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

As long as mining stays profitable. The reality is the price will most likely stay inflated for many months to come, and by the time the price has come down, there will be a newer GPU where your money is more likely better spent. If you are doing AMD graphics because you have freesync, its understandable trying to get one for good cost. If thats not an issue I would save up a bit more and go with a better option.

I would use freesync but Amd cards even more expensive because  they're better for mining

1 hour ago, AndrewNTing said:

its just economics 

study it, master it. then you can make a prediction. and by the end of that prices still wont be down xD  

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

This is insane.  I watched a video from August 2016 about the RX 470 4G video card and it was under $200 US and it's now going for $299.00 at Newegg and ebay while $395 at Walmart.  WTF!  This is plain price gouging everywhere.  Anywhere you buy it the deal is charging over $100 over normal and that is price gouging.  AMD and Nvidia need to charge twice the price to the dealers to stop this madness.  Make it too expensive to bit mine and people will stop and think it bit coin worth the price.  I think bit coin is junk bond material.  Just Al's four cents.

Glad I built my PC before this... 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

5 hours ago, AndrewNTing said:

I've been looking at upgrading my PC but every review talks about the price being so much lower than it now is. I know it's because of miners but when will the prices fall back down to normal? 

When volta comes out :) That's a suggestion [yea I know it sounds bad but isn't it true].

Mining thing kinda forced me from initially 1070 to a 1080Ti, but I don't feel any regret now. Considering at the time I bought my graphics card [July 2017 middle] the 1070 was 800aud & 1080Ti OC was 900aud I'd say the extra 100 was worth it.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

• 3 months later...

I have some bad news... I've been into mining for years.  The profitability right now is many times the cost of power.  This will continue to drive sales, even with crypto being 50% off it's December high.

Prices need to fall an additional 50%+ to start providing major relief and eliminate profit margins for some areas of the world with higher power costs.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro