Post Custom Desktop

I97Computers

First, some of you people make it very risky to view this thread at work with your lady wallpapers >_>

Second, I try to keep my desktop clean and rotate icons I stop using out the way. Example, right now I only have Fallout 4, Nexus Mod Manager, Minecraft, Discord, and that's it (besides recycling bin). Stuff I use repeatedly get a permanent place on my task bar (chrome, itunes, steam)

(hopefully I remember to come back and edit this post with a pic)

I have to keep mine clean (with regard to lady wallpapers) because this is a work PC. I have Fallout artwork insted

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

They are winning? :P

Technically the only Unix based systems so far are your mac and mine 

Linux operating systems here aren't actually based on unix

Unix-like, if you really want to be picky ;)

Unix-like, if you really want to be picky ;)

Different kernel, different system structure, different operating system ;)

Its like saying windows 10 is just like MS-DOS because they are similar haha 

Different kernel, different system structure, different operating system ;)

Its like saying windows 10 is just like MS-DOS because they are similar haha 

Linux is a clone of MINIX, which in turn was dreived from UNIX. Linux is officially classed as a Unix-like operating system - it works in the same way as Unix, but just isn't certified (although it almost was) so can't be called Unix.

See these websites

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/linux-vs-unix-crucial-differences-matter-linux-professionals/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix-like

EDIT: In fact, BSD is also Unix-like, and Mac OSX is derived from BSD. The only reason OSX can be called Unix is because it is certified.

I'm surprised how many people have no desktop icons at all, I thought what I did was rare. I have a folder of a few hundred 4k wallpapers that change daily. I have a 4k laptop screen, with a 1080p monitor on the side.

On my spare laptop, that I am currently using, pretty messy, since I have recently installed a load of programming tools and stuff (Since I got the laptop for setting up dual monitors for my friend (It's an awful laptop) I haven't cleaned the desktop, so half of it is garbage).

gallery_266951_3559_331821.png
One icon is censored because it has my friend's name, and I don't know if he wants it to be published.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Reinstalled a week ago and decided to try it clean, The search function in win10 is actually kinda great. Cortana can lick my taint, though.

LMFAO xD

I was no expecting that. That would make a fun prank wallpaper to put on friends computers...just needs to be higher res

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I have to keep mine clean (with regard to lady wallpapers) because this is a work PC. I have Fallout artwork insted

I appreciate Fallout Artwork good ser. I would post my work pc but confidential reason...nothing special though just that stock Koala picture preinstalled on older Window's OS. Only thing with character on this old shoebox....

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Linux is a clone of MINIX, which in turn was dreived from UNIX. Linux is officially classed as a Unix-like operating system - it works in the same way as Unix, but just isn't certified (although it almost was) so can't be called Unix.

EDIT: In fact, BSD is also Unix-like, and Mac OSX is derived from BSD. The only reason OSX can be called Unix is because it is certified.

But Unix is not Linux, regardless of any similarities :P

IBM explains it pretty well, "Linux® was born out of the desire to create a free software alternative to the commercial UNIX environments. Its history dates back to 1991, or further back to 1983, when the GNU project, whose original aims where to provide a free alternative to UNIX, was introduced"

Yes Linux is Unix-Like, but thats like saying a Burger is Sandwich-Like 

They are very different operating systems both based off a similar kernel design 

Take a look at that article

LMFAO xD

I was no expecting that. That would make a fun prank wallpaper to put on friends computers...just needs to be higher res

The beauty of it is how low-quality it is :D

So that's what @Godlygamer23 looks like.

Totally knew it all along.

Nope, I don't look like that.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You guys are lucky I didn't see this this morning otherwise your eyes would probably pop out of your sockets.

It's not messy, it's just... weird.

You guys are lucky I didn't see this this morning otherwise your eyes would probably pop out of your sockets.

It's not messy, it's just... weird.

Still want to see. Spoiler

[spoiler="<Weird>"] <image> [/spoiler]

?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Still want to see. Spoiler

[spoiler="<Weird>"] <image> [/spoiler]

?

You'll see when I get home from work :P

No icons. I use the start menu and pin programs to taskbar.

-snip-

How did you get rid of the trash bin?

This is mine. My main PC isn't plugged in right now so just imagine this on two screens, one with nothing on it and one with the trash bin, with a black/dark grey windows theme for the toolbar and shit.

post-132780-0-73730300-1450372418_thumb.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Poland._Trash_002.jpg

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Wallpaper link? For... ehm... science.... 

A link to the album but in a decent resolution

How did you get rid of the trash bin?

You can right click on the desktop, and under "view" uncheck show desktop icons.

Edited by DebatED Nothing

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

A link to the shoot on the playboy site

A link to the album but in a decent resolution

You can right click on the desktop, and under "view" uncheck show desktop icons.

Are links to PlayBoy allowed?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

uuuuuhhhh, maybe? :/ Nope. A mode unlinked the playboy one, so now we know xD

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

I've not linked to anything more nsfw than some people's wallpapers in this thread already so I don't see much wrong with it.

attachicon.gifAdsız.jpg

So, how is mine?

Nostalgic.

Anybody else remember the noise those made after booting? the chimes? man, that felt good.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

No icons. I use the start menu and pin programs to taskbar.

kek

*faps*

My desktop isn't so clean, especially since my icons go all over the place when I wake my PC up from sleep (don't know why that happens). I've pretty much given up rearranging my icons every morning lol

PfDu3e2.jpg

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240