What computer related topic can You explain in detail to a group of people with zero prep time?

Tech_Dreamer

As title suggest, Share on what You have an endless wealth of knowledge in , particular hardware or software skills or both , which part are you so well versed in that you can go on endlessly about it?

nerdgirl-old.jpg

For me it's GPU & HDD and also some audio related stuffs media encoding & basic hardware cooling . Plus sound dampening .

Details separate people.

I have endless knowledge of blue PC components 

And maybe pcpp lists. 

Wacom's lineup of pen tablets and displays, as well as most things to do with digital image manipulation/drawing.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Macs, android phones and displays. Many other things I don't know very much about, but I can talk much about

But I like more to know little about much, than knowing much about little. That's my expertise

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Wacom's lineup of pen tablets and displays, as well as most things to do with digital image manipulation/drawing.

U say u know much about image manipulation and then u have that profile pic

I know how to Google things...

8 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

As title suggest, Share on what You have an endless wealth of knowledge in , particular hardware or software skills or both , which part are you so well versed in that you can go on endlessly about it?

nerdgirl-old.jpg

For me it's GPU & HDD and also some audio related stuffs media encoding & basic hardware cooling . Plus sound dampening .

Which sound dampening should u buy and how much for good performance. I live in a drywall house, so everything echoes and transfers to the rest of the house.

Just now, 3NMa said:

U say u know much about image manipulation and then u have that profile pic

It's a meme and I couldn't be bothered to change it atm.

Been designing a new thing, but haven't had enough time :^)

Also, full saturation is the only type of saturation I know.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Most computer parts, android phones, mechanical keyswitches.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, Syn Messer said:

I know how to Google things...

Yeah. I'm actually pretty good at that too. Very often people ask me to see if I can find something on the internet, and if I don't find it they give up

Just now, 3NMa said:

Yeah. I'm actually pretty good at that too. Very often people ask me to see if I can find something on the internet, and if I don't find it they give up

I wish there was a reaction that just said "same"

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

It's a meme and I couldn't be bothered to change it atm.

Been designing a new thing, but haven't had enough time :^)

Also, full saturation is the only type of saturation I know.

Haha. Yeah I know it's a meme, but it was just so Ironic. It's like my friend who has a pirated verison of Photoshop, and then did Putin riding on a dolphin and thought it was good, and it was really bad, but a good idea.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Audio/video cables?

Ok, so then u maybe know how to transfer Hdmi through the air(wirelessly) or is that non cables and u don't know shit ;-)

Just now, 3NMa said:

Ok, so then u maybe know how to transfer Hdmi through the air(wirelessly) or is that non cables and u don't know shit ;-)

that's stupid specific

does it look like I'm a know it all

if you said yes, then you're sorely mistaken

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, 3NMa said:

Which sound dampening should u buy and how much for good performance. I live in a drywall house, so everything echoes and transfers to the rest of the house.

not sure how it relates to increase in performance , more closed up it gets the hotter it gets ,  just break in make shift stuff to like egg cartons as smooth as possible iron it out & stick it in layers with green glue & stick it into the case side panels from the inside , also the rubber grommets in between case & metal contact between the screw.

Details separate people.

2 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

not sure how it relates to increase in performance , more closed up it gets the hotter it gets ,  just break in make shift stuff to like egg cartons as smooth as possible iron it out & stick it in layers with green glue & stick it into the case side panels from the inside , also the rubber grommets in between case & metal contact between the screw.

Lmfao. No I meant in the room

2 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

"agree"?

Same can be like "same problem" or "same thing"

Agree is simply "Yes, I feel the same way"

Plus, it is just an on going joke at this point xD

I have enough knowledge to figure most things out except for serious networking, and coding, and photoshop. I have never used photoshop cause its too expensive and I dont pirate stuff anymore.  GIMP has been my go to for years and I still cant use it well enough to do much other than crop and resize something.  

1 minute ago, intender said:

I have enough knowledge to figure most things out except for serious networking, and coding, and photoshop. I have never used photoshop cause its too expensive and I dont pirate stuff anymore.  GIMP has been my go to for years and I still cant use it well enough to do much other than crop and resize something.  

Yeah that's me too, but I know some basic coding, and some photoshop. Daddy pays ;-)

3 minutes ago, 3NMa said:

Lmfao. No I meant in the room

that one can be expensive depending on how you want to do it , Not sure about the basic stuffs they do at home , But i've checked in with the THX NC 20 stuff before & that stuff is generally pretty hard to do for regular folks . Just get a hold of some sound dampening material like foam & textured stuffs , thick fabric stuff like that can absorb sound waves or just disperse them out,  if you want it done easy .

Details separate people.

4 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

that one can be expensive depending on how you want to do it , Not sure about the basic stuffs they do at home , But i've checked in with the THX NC 20 stuff before & that stuff is generally pretty hard to do for regular folks . Just get a hold of some sound dampening material like foam & textured stuffs , thick fabric stuff like that can absorb sound waves or just disperse them out,  if you want it done easy .

So the sound dampening foam at amazon would be ok?? Think it looks professional and cool, and like u know what ur doing ;-). 

I'm reasonably knowledgeable on Intel hardware in general especially the last 6 or so years, video card specs and performance especially Radeon cards, I have a nack for programing but no hands on experience outside of a classroom in several languages.

At a bit of a stretch on the tech part I dabble enough in political science to be able to apply the effects of technology to a political situation speak on the potential results of said application.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."