Can you rename Reacted to something else?

Dujith
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

I prefer the old notification, for the reaction a member has towards your post. In the notification, it will say informative, agree, funny, or thumbs up. This new "reacted" is going backwards. Who beta test this forum? Mobile users?! Well at least quoted and mentioned are still the same, so that's good.

The notification was something that was brought up during beta testing, but unfortunately it's not something that can be changed. Given that for now it is only one notification regardless of the type of reaction, there are also no alternatives wordings to "reacted" that I can think of.

1 hour ago, Dujith said:

Another little thing: @NumLock21 just replied. In the browser i got a notify that he replied. But in the notification its shown as "commented" 

When viewing a topic, you get a browser notification when someone replies to that topic (and a box in the bottom left of the page) saying that they "replied", but when you're following a topic you also get a forum notification, which is also sent in a browser notification, saying that they commented on the topic that you're following - they're different things. I suppose that it does make sense that they should use the same wording though, since they represent the same fundamental action.

Just a small request, and it just might be me :D to change the warning "reacted"

But i keep checking if someone replied to a post whenever i see the warning for "xxx reacted to you"

I just read that as someone replied to me and i open the thread to only find out that it was liked, informative ect.

Would it be hard to change it to whatever the person selected like pre-forum update?

It would be easier for you to just turn off notifications for that so you don't get confused.

https://linustechtips.com/main/notifications/options/

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I had suggested that on LTT Beta. They can't change that :(

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It would be easier for you to just turn off notifications for that so you don't get confused.

https://linustechtips.com/main/notifications/options/

That not a real solution :S i like the notifies whenever someone quotes at @ me.

Since it everything or nothing i'll keep it on since i do not backtrack every post i made.

2 minutes ago, Dujith said:

That not a real solution :S i like the notifies whenever someone quotes at @ me.

Since it everything or nothing i'll keep it on since i do not backtrack every post i made.

You can change individual notifcations.

The "someone gives reputation to something I posted" is the reaction one.

63e6649973f7bdbc40440b9882364ad1.png

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

You can change individual notifcations.

The "someone gives reputation to something I posted" is the reaction one.

63e6649973f7bdbc40440b9882364ad1.png

Ah, now i see a whole lot of options below the first options. I never noticed the scroll bar and the page looks like it ends just there on my screen. Thnx!

Also @Ryan_Vickers i now see what u meant.

For reference to why i screwed up:

example_view.png

With the save there i thought these were all the options

I prefer the old notification, for the reaction a member has towards your post. In the notification, it will say informative, agree, funny, or thumbs up. This new "reacted" is going backwards. Who beta test this forum? Mobile users?! Well at least quoted and mentioned are still the same, so that's good.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Another little thing: @NumLock21 just replied. In the browser i got a notify that he replied. But in the notification its shown as "commented" 

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

Commented is self explanatory. I replied into your thread, so commented (I made a comment) makes sense. 

Replied and commented are the same thing. I don't see a problem with that.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Commented is self explanatory. I replied into your thread, so commented (I made a comment) makes sense. 

Replied and commented are the same thing. I don't see a problem with that.

Yes, but why are they worded differently? If the notify when i watch the page shows replied, then why does the notification just not simply says someone replied.

I get they mean the same thing. But i just dont see the point to name them differently.

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

Yes, but why are they worded differently? If the notify when i watch the page shows replied, then why does the notification just not simply says someone replied.

I get they mean the same thing. But i just dont see the point to name them differently.

Maybe the browser popup is different form the forum notification. As long as it's the same meaning, it should not matter.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

I feel like i'm alone in this atm :P But when commented makes me think about someone commenting to me.

Replying feels more like replying to the thread as a whole.

English is not my 1st language so i might be overthinking this ;) 

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

The notification was something that was brought up during beta testing, but unfortunately it's not something that can be changed. Given that for now it is only one notification regardless of the type of reaction, there are also no alternatives wordings to "reacted" that I can think of.

1 hour ago, Dujith said:

When viewing a topic, you get a browser notification when someone replies to that topic (and a box in the bottom left of the page) saying that they "replied", but when you're following a topic you also get a forum notification, which is also sent in a browser notification, saying that they commented on the topic that you're following - they're different things. I suppose that it does make sense that they should use the same wording though, since they represent the same fundamental action.

HTTP/2 203

I think it is weird reacted to a post. Maybe reacted to your post? Nothing important, just nitpicking.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I don't use the browser pop up. just the forum bell icon for notifications. :D

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

3 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

I think it is weird reacted to a post. Maybe reacted to your post? Nothing important, just nitpicking.

yes it would make more sense. but in any case, the only time you get that notification was when someone reacted to your own post, so it won't get confused too much (not like somebody else reacted to someone's else post and you get notified)

I reacted to this post

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler