Apple tells a judge their phones are only guaranteed to work for 365 days

Master Disaster
1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

This wasn't the first time something like this had happened and I was already very fed up with dealing with idiotic customers so I quit on the spot.

Oh, I could recount some stories.  It's amazing how customer's don't know what's wrong, don't know why it's happened and need us to fix it, yet they absolutely know that we're wrong about the diagnosis, heh.

17 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Oh, I could recount some stories.  It's amazing how customer's don't know what's wrong, don't know why it's happened and need us to fix it, yet they absolutely know that we're wrong about the diagnosis, heh.

So true, as it happens I was better off out of it.

The colleague I mentioned, well him and I became good friends (still are actually) and a few months later I met him in the pub on a Friday night and he told me this woman had turned into the customer from hell. She was ringing them almost every day keeping the phone tied up for hours, she expected them to fix everything for free no matter what, she was in the shop at least once a week and that eventually her son turned up at the shop, accused the salesman of selling his mum the wrong computer and had actually punched the salesman. He was arrested and carried out of the shop by police in handcuffs. In the end they took a 2 month old used Computer back, gave a full refund and ended up selling it as used for hardly anything.

While I'm sad I missed the action I not sad I got out when I did.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

49 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

True story, I worked phone tech support for a smallish PC shop in my home town for around 4 years and this was a big part of why I left the job.

An older women rang me one day, she had purchased her computer a few days earlier, she was having issues (don't remember exactly what now as it was 9 years ago).

I started with our basic troubleshooting script to try and work out what specs her system had and that basic stuff was correct, one of the first things was to open device manager and check all hardware was installed. I asked her to right click on My Computer and was told that she wasn't going to right click because her son had told her that she should never right click on anything. I politely explained that right clicking was fine and that she needed to do as I asked in order to help her, she still refused so in the end I gave up fighting and went through the run box instead.

After around 15 to 20 minutes of her basically arguing with everything I said I got to the bottom of her issue and began to explain how to resolve it, barely 10 words had left my mouth when she interrupted me and told me that I was wrong. By now I was losing my patience with her and through gritted teeth I continued on by reexplaining what I had done and how I had determined her problem but again she told me I was wrong and that couldn't possibly be the issue (iirc she had been messing with something and had checked a box she shouldn't have) so I kinda lost it and told her that she had kept me on the phone for 3 times longer than was normal and that she had rang me for help because she didn't know what the problem was so how could she possibly know my fix was incorrect. Anyway she slammed down the phone and the next day I was pulled into the office and told she had complained about the way I spoke to her and that I was to receive a warning over the matter despite the fact my work colleague had stuck up for me and told them I did nothing wrong and even when I lost my patience I still remained calm and relatively polite.

This wasn't the first time something like this had happened and I was already very fed up with dealing with idiotic customers so I quit on the spot.

This is where AI will become a godsend. Help the people that want help. For those that insist on chasing their own tails, put them on the phone with an AI.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…