Can 1070 rock on 550W?

Zeftax

Easily. Although that is one expensive 550W unit.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

No problem. It will probably draw closer to 300W but the most effective range is about 50-70% depending on powersupply and 110/230V

I would actually bump up to a 1080 instead of a 1070.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Easily, but why pay so much for it!?!

you can get a quality 550W unit for $50

also, why 32GB of RAM?

and why an i7.

Ryzen + GTX 1080 would be a better gaming combo, and would be cheaper.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 hour ago, Zeftax said:

Will this PC run without problems? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zeftax/saved/FZpZLk

Let's switch up your specs here. No reason to get a locked i7 in this day and age. I also highly doubt you need more than 16 GB of RAM and if you do, you want more than a quad core chip.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($102.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($143.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define C with Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1396.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-10 13:57 EDT-0400

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

24 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

There's a 650 G2 for $79

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 hour ago, RGProductions said:

Yep, just fine. I would ask @JDE though

ya

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 hour ago, JDE said:

There's a 650 G2 for $79

But save 5 bucks for a PSU that's not much worse and you don't have to fenaggle with stupid MIRs.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

12 hours ago, Zeftax said:

Will this PC run without problems? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zeftax/saved/FZpZLk

Yeah.

Don't know why people tell that you need more than 400W for a decent Desktop/Mobile system with a normal mid range to high end graphics card.

12 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

Easily. Although that is one expensive 550W unit.

Yeah, but also one of the quietest under every circumstance.

And also has usually more cables than the modular PCB has connectors.

And other stuff (like the additional fan connectors)...

12 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

you can get a quality 550W unit for $50

No, you can not.

Every 550W for 50$ is just the bare minimum, nothing to write home about.

We are talking about an 80plus Platinum unit with one of the best fans you can get. And that's what you are (partially) paying for: The fan of the dark power pro. That's one of the reason why it's so expansive.

12 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

and why an i7.

Ryzen + GTX 1080 would be a better gaming combo, and would be cheaper

With that I agree.

Makes no sense to buy a 4 Core for 300 Bucks these days.

For 150€, you might eventually think about it. But the time of glorified quad cores is over, thanks to the consoles, the games will be optimized for more than 4 cores...

So either get a ryzen or wait another month or so.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

56 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, you can not.

Every 550W for 50$ is just the bare minimum, nothing to write home about.

Something like the Seasonic M12II is a damn good PSU for the price, and while it doesn't come with the ultra super Xtreme fans, you could literally afford three M12II PSUs for the price of one of those bequiet ones.

if you want the platinum efficiency with a better fan, then this one is good and half the price:

https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Quark-550-Platinum-Certified/dp/B00VS86WXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505109204&sr=8-1&keywords=rosewill+quark

I'm not saying that this one is better than the bequiet, but diminishing returns is definitely a thing here. paying double for something that you might never notice is pretty dumb.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

13 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Something like the Corsair CX is a damn good PSU for the price, and while it doesn't come with the ultra super Xtreme fans, you could literally afford four Corsair CX PSUs for the price of one of those bequiet ones.-

ftfy

never mention the M12II

those days are behind us

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

47 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Something like the Seasonic M12II is a damn good PSU for the price, and while it doesn't come with the ultra super Xtreme fans, you could literally afford three M12II PSUs for the price of one of those bequiet ones.

old unit with missing protections... meh. I'd just recommend a rosewill capstone for $40 with rebates now or the new CXs. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

39 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

You are comparing something that is equivalents to a 2000 Mazda 323 with something that is like a 2017 Mercedes A class. Of course it costs more, but that's because it is one of the best in its class.

Anyway, why recommend the 2000 Mazda 323 (Seasonic M12II) when you can get a much newer, much nicer 2017 Hyundai i30 (Corsair CX and CX-M, or BeQuiet! Pure Power 10) for about the same price?

(Ignore the fact that I don't know much about cars, and *hopefully* a 17 year old car doesn't cost as much as a similar range car (for the time) about a decade later)

39 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

10 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Oh dear..

If you don't know anything about PSU, it's best to not do as if you do.

What you are saying here is just plain wrong and I'm a lack of words...

It's just the worst thing I've ever read about PSU...

Comparing an ancient, group regulated, rather loud PSU with a modern independently regulated, rather quiet PSU is just outrageous...

And no, the M12II is NOT a "damn good" PSU, quite the opposite...

Why do you do that?!

if you want the platinum efficiency with a better fan, then this one is good and half the price:

https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Quark-550-Platinum-Certified/dp/B00VS86WXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505109204&sr=8-1&keywords=rosewill+quark

It has a better fan than the be quiet silent wings with 6pol motor?
That's new...

I'm not saying that this one is better than the bequiet, but diminishing returns is definitely a thing here. paying double for something that you might never notice is pretty dumb.

It would be nice if you would stop saying things that are just plain wrong.

There is just nothing on the market that uses a fan that's better than a Silentwings FDB fan...

Also there is the fan controller for 4 additional case fans the Dark Power Pro has. 

If someone wants a rather quiet PSU the Dark Power Pro P11 is a good choice...

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Oh dear..

If you don't know anything about PSU, it's best to not do as if you do.

What you are saying here is just plain wrong and I'm a lack of words...

It's just the worst thing I've ever read about PSU...

Comparing an ancient, group regulated, rather loud PSU with a modern independently regulated, rather quiet PSU is just outrageous...

And no, the M12II is NOT a "damn good" PSU, quite the opposite...

Why do you do that

Apparently I was wrong about the M12II. Pretend I said CXM Lineup instead.

It has a better fan than the be quiet silent wings with 6pol motor?
That's new...

I didn't say that. You might have misread.

I said better fan than the CX PSUs (which have sleeve bearing fans)

It would be nice if you would stop saying things that are just plain wrong.

There is just nothing on the market that uses a fan that's better than a Silentwings FDB fan...

Also there is the fan controller for 4 additional case fans the Dark Power Pro has. 

If someone wants a rather quiet PSU the Dark Power Pro P11 is a good choice...

not saying that the PP11 is bad. it's amazing, but it's just too expensive when you can get a cheaper unit that's almost as good for much less money.

Desktop:

Laptop:

54 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Apparently I was wrong about the M12II. Pretend I said CXM Lineup instead.

Doesn't make it much better.

The difference in that area is huge, especially when talking about the fan.

And that's the biggest difference.

We are talking about a standard sleeve bearing fan at (maybe??) 900rpm at idle. The DPP P11 fan spins much much lower than that. 

And is of way better quality!

It's one of the best, if not the best fan you can find in a PSU. 

So to say that a low end/budget unit is (roughly) equal is just outrageous and just wrong.

So why not let him get one of the best PSU on the market instead?!
No reason for that...