This Forum is sexy

leham

inb4 it changes when the beta goes live

(beta.linustechtips.com)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 hour ago, leham said:

I've used a fair share of different forums over the years (end user) and I have to say..

I like this one, the UX is really good :3

that is all

You can thank @colonel_mortis and @Slick for that one 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Most of the UX is actually down to the forum software developers, IPS (or Invision Community, or whatever they're calling themselves now), and the majority of the UI design is down to my predecessor, but we are constantly looking for ways to improve. The latest update, which is currently in beta testing at https://beta.linustechtips.com/, fixes quite a few areas that were perceived to be lacking.

Welcome to the forum, and it's great to hear that you're liking it so far :)

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, RadiatingLight said:

inb4 it changes when the beta goes live

(beta.linustechtips.com)

As long as there's a Night Theme, I don't care what the forum looks like.

Every forums that use a bright/light color palette are just eye cancer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 hours ago, leham said:

I've used a fair share of different forums over the years (end user) and I have to say..

that is all

Did you try the night theme yet? 

And I'm still complaining that a bloody custom title requires 500 posts to be posted. That's just annoying.

I edit after I post, so wait until I'm done editing if you're about to reply.

The Angry Computersmasher - were I probably rant about stuff that irks me.

10 hours ago, The Angry Computersmasher said:

And I'm still complaining that a bloody custom title requires 500 posts to be posted. That's just annoying.

That has been rule from birth of forums. Not going to get changed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 hours ago, leham said:

that is all

Lmao, sexy? What?

11 hours ago, The Angry Computersmasher said:

Welp time to shitpost. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

That has been rule from birth of forums. Not going to get changed.

Just because it had been there for a long time doesn't mean it won't get changed; it can be (and should be) changed for the benefit of all forum users.

8 minutes ago, The Angry Computersmasher said:

Just because it had been there for a long time doesn't mean it won't get changed; it can be (and should be) changed for the benefit of all forum users.

I don't see much reasons, really. It encourages to spend time on forums. And its only rewards which is rather easy to get.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I don't see much reasons, really. It encourages to spend time on forums. And its only rewards which is rather easy to get.

Not everyone has to (nor gets to) spend more time on forums just to unlock a minor cosmetic addition like a custom text title. "Rather easy to get" depends on what a person is competent to post more. For those who aren't into posting too much, that could be rather daunting to get it; others who are may find this easy. But all that just to unlock a minor cosmetic addition: a custom text title. And I don't think it would be necessary to make that as a privilege.

1 minute ago, The Angry Computersmasher said:

Not everyone has to (nor gets to) spend more time on forums just to unlock a minor cosmetic addition like a custom text title. "Rather easy to get" depends on what a person is competent to post more. For those who aren't into posting too much, that could be rather daunting to get it; others who are may find this easy. But all that just to unlock a minor cosmetic addition: a custom text title. And I don't think it would be necessary to make that as a privilege.

Then our opinions on the matter differ. But if you think this bit further. You already get avatar, sig and location to customize. Adding profile banner, whole profile, blogs and so on. So there is ton of stuff to customize. If admins (or rather @Slick) would think that having such high post count for custom member titles makes that too privileged thing, they could just remove it altogether. Or hide it to profiles, like it was after forum upgrade.

I admit that I had more time for forums when I joined, so making to 100 posts (current classifieds limit) was 3 days of 25-40 posts per day. So 500 was in 2 weeks about. While I don't have time to post so much, I think I still make 15-25 posts per day/visit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LoGiCalDrm Yes, we do have many customisation options here. But it would certainly be helpful if one more option gets to be available to all.

I would apologise for that, @colonel_mortis, and I would eventually do post a topic on Feature Suggestions in the future. Thanks for notifying.