Logitech Craft

NumLock21

Logitech made a new keyboard call Logitech Craft. It has a special touch sensitive dial that can be used for Microsoft office and Adobe suites, although not all programs are supports, just some for now. The dial can also be used for basic multimedia buttons. It also supports Logitech Flow, letting users easily move from 1 pc to the next. It connects via the included usb receiver, bluetooth, or usb type c, where it also acts as a charging cable. MSRP is $199.99 and will be available in October

craft.png

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/8/31/16228168/logitech-craft-smart-keyboard-creative-dial-windows-mac-photoshop-mx-mouse

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/craft?wt.ac=HPB1-CTA1-craft

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Nice looking. Would be nice in a tenkeyless version. And of course with white backlight.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, Notional said:

Nice looking. Would be nice in a tenkeyless version. And of course with white backlight.

Forgot to mention, It does have backlight. Smart backlight. It lights up, when your fingers goes near it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

I hope it doesn't have spongy keys that Logitech love to use these days...

I won't hold up hope for much improvement on software support or driver support. Logitech, while makes solid quality products, don't have the best driver support.

Also I don't like the wider "Windows" key, just to put text for all 3 OSs. And calling it "start" for Windows, is retarded, as it does way more than Start.

Same for the Alt key. Wide for fitting useless text.

Also, instead of using Microsoft APIs for the Surface Dial-type input device, it uses its own custom thing (which looks like is send keyboard shortcuts and not actually interact with the software in a more embedded way). Meaning that software support won't expand naturally as more and more software implement support for it.

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Forgot to mention, It does have backlight. Smart backlight.

Sweet. Still like my K810 with the brushed graphite alu front. But I miss pgup/down, home, and end. Love the backlight though.

I wonder if this keyboard actually works in BIOS. It's pretty damn dumb that you can't cable the K810 and use it as a normal keyboard for BIOS support.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I hope it doesn't have spongy keys that Logitech love to use these days...

I won't hold up hope for much improvement on software support or driver support. Logitech, while makes solid quality products, don't have the best driver support.

My k810 doesn't feel spongy I think. Sure it won't be as crisp as a mechanical keyboard, but these are chiclet keys anyways.

Not sure about drivers. The only issue I have is that I need 2 different pieces of software for my keyboard and my MX Master mouse. That is dumb, but at least it works.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, Notional said:

Not sure about drivers. The only issue I have is that I need 2 different pieces of software for my keyboard and my MX Master mouse. That is dumb, but at least it works.

Oh drivers will always work. But.. did you see any actual improvement or new features requested appearing in the drivers? The answer is no. Unless it is something huge that affects reviews, there is virtually no change between the day the mouse is release and 10 years later (assuming the drivers works with the latest version of Windows)

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Oh drivers will always work. But.. did you see any actual improvement or new features requested appearing in the drivers? The answer is no. Unless it is something huge that affects reviews, there is virtually no change between the day the mouse is release and 10 years later.

Yeah, but that is the case with most stuff I think. My old ass Dinovo set did get a new update to the software at one point. But it hardly mattered as it was time to replace anyways. My Asus mobo only has the exact same version of AIsuite as it always had. You can download a newer version from a different board, but sometimes it craps out if you do. New features are nice, but I'd rather it just works and keeps working with new versions of Windows.

well that looks like crap. cool idea but the keycaps look horrible. and $200 for a sissor switch / low profile membrane keyboard? no way

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, Notional said:

Sweet. Still like my K810 with the brushed graphite alu front. But I miss pgup/down, home, and end. Love the backlight though.

I wonder if this keyboard actually works in BIOS. It's pretty damn dumb that you can't cable the K810 and use it as a normal keyboard for BIOS support.

I have a logitech k360, it's wireless and works with the bios. I also tried other logitech wireless keyboards and they work with the bios too. Don't remember their models.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

I have a logitech k360, it's wireless and works with the bios. I also tried other logitech wireless keyboards and they work with the bios too. Don't remember their models.

It's the bluetooth receiver that dictates that though. Most don't activate until Windows loads the drivers. To support usage outside of driver load, the receiver needs to support something called HID proxy mode, and that is rare. I use an old Logitech receiver with a physical pairing button on it to force connection, but it's very cumbersome. All of that would have been solved if the keyboard worked when corded.

I have the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard - Wired. It got renamed to: K740 (and increased the price)

I think it is Logitech's best, full layout, membrane, flat, keyboard.

Just now, Notional said:

It's the bluetooth receiver that dictates that though. Most don't activate until Windows loads the drivers. To support usage outside of driver load, the receiver needs to support something called HID proxy mode, and that is rare. I use an old Logitech receiver with a physical pairing button on it to force connection, but it's very cumbersome. All of that would have been solved if the keyboard worked when corded.

My uses their unifying nano usb receiver not bluetooth.  It works flawlessly and will get into the bios everytime.  

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

9 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

My uses their unifying nano usb receiver not bluetooth.  It works flawlessly and will get into the bios everytime.  

Ah, but that is not bluetooth, so that's why. That is the problem I have: the k810 does not support the unifying dongle, so I need 2 different dongles and 2 different pieces of software, which is just dumb. I wish the k810 would support the unifying dongle, so I wouldn't have that issue.

14 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I have the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard - Wired. It got renamed to: K740 (and increased the price)

I think it is Logitech's best, full layout, membrane, flat, keyboard.

I'm not a huge fan of full sized keyboards. I prefer the closer distance of the hands when playing fps games. That's why my old Dinovo keyboard was amazing. Full size tenkeyless layout. 

58 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well that looks like crap. cool idea but the keycaps look horrible. and $200 for a sissor switch / low profile membrane keyboard? no way

I'd see how the keycaps work in practice before ragging on them.

Also, I know this forum skews heavily toward mechanical keyboards because of gaming, but going with scissor switches doesn't make a keyboard low-quality.  Some people (including myself) prefer scissor switches because they like that feel, or don't want their keyboard making an awful racket while they're typing.

Just now, Commodus said:

I'd see how the keycaps work in practice before ragging on them.

Also, I know this forum skews heavily toward mechanical keyboards because of gaming, but going with scissor switches doesn't make a keyboard low-quality.  Some people (including myself) prefer scissor switches because they like that feel, or don't want their keyboard making an awful racket while they're typing.

im not a fan of them, i carry a chery blue keyboard just to not have to use the ones in my laptop. the keycaps LOOK aweful, if they are usefull or not idk but i doubt it will bring anything great. there is straight up no way i will pay as much for this keyboard as a used GTX 980

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, huilun02 said:

Ftfy

No, some people still prefer scissor switches specifically for the low travel and overall quietness.

Please don't be that person who believes that their individual preferences dictate what everyone else should think.  I may prefer scissor switch keyboards, but I'm not arguing that everyone should toss out their mechanical RGB gaming keyboards to follow my lead.  I'm just saying that there is a market for keyboards like the Craft, and it's not an inferior product just because you aren't part of the target audience.

Nice design, seems pretty useful for the right picture.

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im not a fan of them, i carry a chery blue keyboard just to not have to use the ones in my laptop. the keycaps LOOK aweful, if they are usefull or not idk but i doubt it will bring anything great. there is straight up no way i will pay as much for this keyboard as a used GTX 980

It's fine if you're not a fan of them -- just realize that there's probably much more of a market for the Craft than you think.  The real question is whether or not Logitech nailed the execution.

5 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Like I said, please don't be that person who assumes their tastes dictate what everyone else should think.  Scissor switch keyboards are fine and even preferable for some people.

While people like me want them to buy the patent for the buckling spring switches and start putting them on some of their keyboards. I might buy this keyboard if it had them.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Oh drivers will always work. But.. did you see any actual improvement or new features requested appearing in the drivers? The answer is no. Unless it is something huge that affects reviews, there is virtually no change between the day the mouse is release and 10 years later (assuming the drivers works with the latest version of Windows)

With this keyboard and it's wheel touch thingie or in some other cases like RGB controls then yes driver support is important. So while I can understand how people think overall drivers are good enough this new feature here needs better than good enough.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yank off dial, new price $49.99

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Ah, so that's what Taran was holding in his video. I was like, "that's a unique keyboard, but I never seen one."