riddle me this linustechtip folks..

AniJan

you're locked inside a 24 hour store with maximum security at 9:00a.m on a wednesday(no particular special event). y the store has nothing except candy.

how do you get out of the store?

You find the nearest metal shelf and break the door/window, then use it to leverage against that window/doors barricade until it bends, then leverage the other side. Rinse and repeat until the barricade breaks.

Just now, PurpleVirtue said:

You find the nearest metal shelf and break the door/window, then use it to leverage against that window/doors barricade until it bends, then leverage the other side. Rinse and repeat until the barricade breaks.

maximum security. this means there are alarms, security cameras, etc.

Just now, theninja35 said:

Call the police or the store owner/employee with key. There's nothing else you could really do except push the door handle and hope it's unlocked from the inside.

...how would you get yourself stuck in there anyway?

Just now, PurpleVirtue said:

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Unlock the door then walk out?

edited the post.

Just now, theninja35 said:

Well if it's a 24 hour store shouldn't someone be working there? You just ask them to open the door.

Wait a minute, if it's a 24 hour store, why would you lock it in the first place?

is that your final answer? think outside the box...

the answer to the shitty riddle i made with tons of flaws and grammatical mistakes...

its a paradox. the store opens 24/7 and there's no special event. + it's 9a.m. there is no excuse for this...

24 hour stores dont lock, walk out the front door.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 minutes ago, AniJan said:

iz a paradox..

does that make sense?

its not a paradox.

that would imply that it makes total sense, despite the answer being logically unsound.

its just a shit question that doesnt mean what you think it means.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

its not a paradox.

that would imply that it makes total sense, despite the answer being logically unsound.

its just a shit question that doesnt mean what you think it means.

wait. a paradox is when something that seems reasonable doesn't have a logical solution, meaning it's self contradictory. if my riddle doesnt sound logical and i'm sayi-

it was a bad riddle. sorry.

10 hours ago, AniJan said:

you're locked inside a 24 hour store with maximum security at 9:00a.m on a wednesday(no particular special event). y the store has nothing except candy.

how do you get out of the store?

10 hours ago, AniJan said:

maximum security. this means there are alarms, security cameras, etc.

Pretty simple. Fire code in most western countries dictates that there MUST be at least one door that opens from the inside, no matter what. One that cannot lock someone inside.

Sure an Alarm might go off, but if you're stuck inside the building, who gives a shit?

Plus, you said yourself that the store was open 24-hours in the "scenario". Therefore even if an alarm did go off, you could probably sue them for locking you inside an open store.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Pretty simple. Fire code in most western countries dictates that there MUST be at least one door that opens from the inside, no matter what. One that cannot lock someone inside.

Sure an Alarm might go off, but if you're stuck inside the building, who gives a shit?

Plus, you said yourself that the store was open 24-hours in the "scenario". Therefore even if an alarm did go off, you could probably sue them for locking you inside an open store.

Also, even if the store was locked for some reasons (24hr store DO close for extraneous reasons.) and it is 'maximum security' then once the security alarms go off and security or police respond to find you inside with a jug of milk and sad face moaning "I JUST WANTED MILK WITH MY COOKIES AND I GOT LOCKED IN, LEMME OUT! D:"

This isn't a paradox.  The first mistake is assuming that such a store wouldn't have locks or alarms anyway.  Let's say the water main is shut down for repairs and the store is unable to operate. Do you think it just DOESN'T have locks because it's 'Not supposed to close'?  It most certainly has locks for situations like those.  Closed for renovations?  Death in the owner's family and not enough staff to maintain operation for 24hrs?  What if the business closes down and now it's sale?  Guess what, it's got locks for that,

my riddle was just really bad. so my answer isn't plausible.

its not a paradox, sorry. i made a horrible riddle.

One of my friend's door actually locks from both sides. To get in and out, he has to use a key. And I'm thinking the greatest fire hazard ever! Cause if there is one, he can't run out like a normal person. He has to get out with a key. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

20 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

One of my friend's door actually locks from both sides. To get in and out, he has to use a key. And I'm thinking the greatest fire hazard ever! Cause if there is one, he can't run out like a normal person. He has to get out with a key. 

I wonder if that door lock is even legal in his district.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)