Who has the worst current pc specs?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

In fact I challenge any one here to build a complete system cheaper.

How much did that cost again? I almost got a part list ready.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

As I say haven't watched that review in a while[1] but I seem to remember the impression I got was that was an aside against HPs practises not just that particular model.

He goes on (in parts 2 and 3) to build a similar priced system and benchmark it.  He does say something about he would not produce anything that low end, which I feel shows were he is coming from.  To me that is a cheap(ish) POS but is perfectly adequate for it's intended users.

The intended users being the school kids, and e-mailers as you mentioned.

Don't get me wrong I am not defending him/his views, after all that is an adequate system for its inteneded users, more I see that video as him bemoaning (Wrongly IMHO) that systems like that are made.

The crap build quality is another matter.  Unconnected cables CAN happen to anyone, but too go to the lengths/costs to fit an extract fan and then not to cable manage to maximise flow [2]strikes me as 'more thought required'.

[1] Watched it once many moons ago but decided it doesn't really 'float my boat' so haven't watched it since.

[2] Not that it really needs it, there seems to be a cathedrals worth of space in there to allow adequate airflow.   Maybe HP decided that the increase in airflow/cooling, that cable managing allows, is insignificant, whilst people are put off by lack of a physical fan?

I guess in my mind you don't get cable management for that kind of price.

How much did that cost again? I almost got a part list ready.

It's A$398 with a 20" monitor, keyboard, mouse and windows 8.

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/hp-110-101-desktop-pc-and-20-monitor-bundle-hete9t21aa

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That guy is a tosser, he has a big personal gripe with that computer based entirely on irrelevant reasoning.  He is basically reviewing it from the perspective of a power user or enthusiasts, he keeps ignoring the target end user it was designed for.

Show me a computer that comes complete with everything you need to do basic word/excel, email, websurfing for less than $400.  That pc is designed for very low income families who need their primary/early secondary school kids to have access to the net and office programs.

Would people please be rational when criticizing a prebuilt system, and take into account the actual purpose intended for it and the type of people who would buy it.

I like Carey Holzman he is really experienced in the computer industry and he isn't afraid to speak his mind. But lets be honest that computer was just horrible. The SATA cable connecting the HDD was unplugged when he got it, and it has a tiny fan to cool the system and not to mention the laptop power supply. The point is that HP have sold $400 computers in the past but they weren't as bad as that, they had real power supplies and cooling. The point he is making in the video is that HP is just cutting corners just so they can make some more money and really don't care about the consumer. HP could sell a PC for $400 that has a real power supply and a normal motherboard, but they won't because it would decrease their profit. Also in a follow up video, he builds a PC for cheap that is better than the HP computer.

I like Carey Holzman he is really experienced in the computer industry and he isn't afraid to speak his mind. But lets be honest that computer was just horrible. The SATA cable connecting the HDD was unplugged when he got it, and it has a tiny fan to cool the system and not to mention the laptop power supply. The point is that HP have sold $400 computers in the past but they weren't as bad as that, they had real power supplies and cooling. The point he is making in the video is that HP is just cutting corners just so they can make some more money and really don't care about the consumer. HP could sell a PC for $400 that has a real power supply and a normal motherboard, but they won't because it would decrease their profit. Also in a follow up video, he builds a PC for cheap that is better than the HP computer.

He complains about irrelevant facets of the product.  He clearly does not understand who this pc is marketed to.  And my challenge still stands, if this is overpriced for what it is then you build one cheaper.

I want to see any of the detractors build a comparable pc for the same or less and still make some money from it.

I just tried,  I went to one shop (because you only have to go to one shop to buy the HP) I selected the absolute cheapest of everything I could and still blew the budget out by $67 and that's not including assembly, logistics or profit for the builder.  Not to mention the dodgy PSU that came in the $40 case would probably explode the second time you use it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

a comparable pc for the same or less and still make some money from it.

Does Amazon count as one shop?

Case and Power Supply: Diablotek CPA-0170

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004...

Motherboard: ASRock QC5000-ITX/WiFi AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 Quad-Core APU Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU/VGA Combo built-in 802.11n WiFi, 4 SATA3, 6 USB3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J...

RAM: Team 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005...

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

ODD: ASUS DVD-Writer 24X

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D...

Card Reader: Tek Republic TUC-2000 3.5" USB 2.0 CF/SDHC/SDXC/microSD/MicroSDXC/miniSD/mi

­niSDHC/MMC/MS/XD All-In-One Internal Card Reader with One USB 2.0 Port

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K...

Total for parts listed as of June 2014: $250.86

(Does not include keyboard, mouse or operating system).

Making money is another matter, no bulk discount, paying others a profit for the componenets etc.

So, doable, but is it worthwile?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Micro Center) 

Memory: Corsair XMS3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.99 @ Micro Center) 

Power Supply: Cooler Master 400W ATX Power Supply  ($31.99 @ Micro Center) 

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($14.98 @ OutletPC) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($97.98 @ OutletPC) 

Monitor: ViewSonic VA2037A-LED 20.0" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $432.50

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-06 09:14 EDT-0400

I did go a little over budget here, but not very much.

U olyn h8 on aelinwhaere becouz u dtn heav 1. If u had 1 ud sea howe god dey rly r. It haz lyquid colin on da CUP whitch meaks it fazter dan urs. It aslo haz led lits.

by xX_AlienwareFanboi4lyfe_Xx

[Now i can offer a translation service for the small price of £25 and £5 for each time you see me or anybody else on my friends list on this forum]

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

DA3gcaL.jpg

lol

No... I'm not ready for my thread to die, not yet.... nooooo......

HQ stuf right here

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

Compaq Presario CQ

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Does Amazon count as one shop?

Case and Power Supply: Diablotek CPA-0170

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004...

Motherboard: ASRock QC5000-ITX/WiFi AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 Quad-Core APU Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU/VGA Combo built-in 802.11n WiFi, 4 SATA3, 6 USB3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J...

RAM: Team 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

ODD: ASUS DVD-Writer 24X

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D...

Card Reader: Tek Republic TUC-2000 3.5" USB 2.0 CF/SDHC/SDXC/microSD/MicroSDXC/miniSD/mi

­niSDHC/MMC/MS/XD All-In-One Internal Card Reader with One USB 2.0 Port

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K...

Total for parts listed as of June 2014: $250.86

(Does not include keyboard, mouse or operating system).

Making money is another matter, no bulk discount, paying others a profit for the componenets etc.

So, doable, but is it worthwile?

also doesn't include monitor, cpu,  remember the target customer is tech illiterate so don't forget to make allowances for that.

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Corsair XMS3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master 400W ATX Power Supply  ($31.99 @ Micro Center) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($14.98 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($97.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: ViewSonic VA2037A-LED 20.0" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $432.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-06 09:14 EDT-0400

I did go a little over budget here, but not very much.

That's a great effort, but the parts are not all from the same shop, also that's in US dollars, the one I linked was in A$ so the US$ target is actually about $370.  All that said my point was not so much about exceptional price, but more that tech illiterate people can walk into a shop, buy a system already built with the os installed and guaranteed to work for less than if they ordered and learned to build one themselves.  

also doesn't include monitor, cpu,  remember the target customer is tech illiterate so don't forget to make allowances for that.

That's a great effort, but the parts are not all from the same shop, also that's in US dollars, the one I linked was in A$ so the US$ target is actually about $370.  All that said my point was not so much about exceptional price, but more that tech illiterate people can walk into a shop, buy a system already built with the os installed and guaranteed to work for less than if they ordered and learned to build one themselves.

You're correct about that, but HP should still use standard parts for their PCs. And I'm not talking about upgrading like everyone else here, I'm talking about replacing damaged parts. What if the network card fails on that PC? You would have to replace the whole board. If a NIC fails on standard mATX board with a couple of PCI or PCIe expansion slots, you could buy another one. And I don't know much about that CPU, but it could be using BGA and be soldered onto the board.

From 2006/07 the Emaschine T5212. OMG it defines the word shit :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

mum bought little sister an acer aspire dont even want to know whats in it, but it was expensive and the things garbage  

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

This guy seems off.

Rants for a couple min about no expand-ability specifically mentions wifi. then he ignores the Mini PCIe slot.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

You're correct about that, but HP should still use standard parts for their PCs. And I'm not talking about upgrading like everyone else here, I'm talking about replacing damaged parts. What if the network card fails on that PC? You would have to replace the whole board. If a NIC fails on standard mATX board with a couple of PCI or PCIe expansion slots, you could buy another one. And I don't know much about that CPU, but it could be using BGA and be soldered onto the board.

Being repairable and upgradeable are part of the trade for off for the cheaper price.  I'm banking that it's either a soldered cpu or it's a mobile version which is hard to get anyway.  Nothing in life is free,  I just think for what you get and the price it sells for is a lot better than people are saying.  Don't forget the logistics company, the shop and HP all make a bit of money out it and still cheaper than what we can make ourselves (even if what we make is better upgradeable).

The Mac Pro trash can. Like seriously, people who buy Mac Pro's want it over the iMac's and Mac Mini's for the power and also the upgradability. Now the latter is pretty much out of the question.

"Rawr XD"

Got a question, if they are the worst why do so many people cling to them?

People be damn cheap *snap*

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

there is so much wrong with this comment

does he not realize that it's literally a laptop in a desktop case?

I was not talking about the computer I was talking about the reviewers saying you could not add wifi and that there was absolutely no expansion while ignoring an expansion shot.  

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.