Who has the worst current pc specs?

The mac mini. Ignoring the OS and the brand on the top, it's a glorified laptop with no dedicated GPU, laptop HDD, RAM and CPU, and this thing costs like AU$600, without a screen keyboard or mouse.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

This is one of the few imacs that is actually a terrible computer as well as overpriced: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac?product=MF883LL/A&step=config#

The mac mini line is also very bad, in fact it has very strong competitors even in their own imac cousins, let alone others.

I'm not very informed about prebuilts (I wouldn't get one anyway, apple is an exception because of how often it gets brought up and the amount of arguments I've had about them), but I'd say it's safe to assume anything mounting an e1 apu qualifies for this, it's just too slow to be sold.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Anything Alienware

You took my answer.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Acer Aspire One, 2009.

acer-aspire-one-blue-angle.jpg

Single core Atom processor,  I hate to fix these, and so many people still cling to them.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

he keeps ignoring the target end user it was designed for.

I didn't get that impression at all, yes he does tend to look at it from the perspective of a "power user" but he does say a few times (not watched this recently so have no time stamps or anything) that this is suitable (if crappily made) for "low end" (e-mail, light surfing etc) use.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

I didn't get that impression at all, yes he does tend to look at it from the perspective of a "power user" but he does say a few times (not watched this recently so have no time stamps or anything) that this is suitable (if crappily made) for "low end" (e-mail, light surfing etc) use.

really? it's  45 minute review of a product that should take 10 minutes tops ( average review time for HP pc's on youtube).   It's a very light duty budget home pc for students and email/web browsing nothing more.

so while he does say what it's suitable for, that's still 35 minutes where he unfairly berates it about the screws they use not being Phillips head, the target customer for this unit will not be taking it apart (ever), he talks about the lack of upgradeable components (the target consumer won't be upgrading nor care whats inside).   The fact that it's essentially a laptop in a case is not negative in fact it's probably perfect for the target end user because power bills are usually a concern for someone who can only afford $400 for a pc.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

chrome book with atoms..... horrible

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Acer Aspire One, 2009.

Single core Atom processor,  I hate to fix these, and so many people still cling to them.

i agree with this

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Acer Aspire One, 2009.

Got a question, if they are the worst why do so many people cling to them?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Any PC with and ATOM in it or made by ACER or DELL.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

so while he does say what it's suitable for, that's still 35 minutes where he unfairly berates it about the screws they use not being Phillips head, the target customer for this unit will not be taking it apart (ever), he talks about the lack of upgradeable components (the target consumer won't be upgrading nor care whats inside).   The fact that it's essentially a laptop in a case is not negative in fact it's probably perfect for the target end user because power bills are usually a concern for someone who can only afford $400 for a pc.

Whilst I would agree with most of that.  MOST who buy that for e-mail, facebook etc have no intention of ever opening it up.. However I would say that he was berating HP for the use of T15 rather than a Philips as an HP problem not that particular model. 

Seem to remember him waffling on about weakening the brand image etc and using Ferrari as an example most of that could have been severally curtailed if not cut entirely

"This too shall pass"

Anything Gateway or eMachines.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Whilst I would agree with most of that.  MOST who buy that for e-mail, facebook etc have no intention of ever opening it up.. However I would say that he was berating HP for the use of T15 rather than a Philips as an HP problem not that particular model. 

Seem to remember him waffling on about weakening the brand image etc and using Ferrari as an example most of that could have been severally curtailed if not cut entirely

HP chose that screw for a reason, and I'd wager it was a cost and or design requirement.  Not only that, it's such a petty thing to devote review time to the screw used especially when it is such a non defining part that doesn't stop the unit working as intended. Add that very little people who want to upgrade their pc's buy pre-builts anyway.  It's like he doesn't know who his audience is. 

Got a question, if they are the worst why do so many people cling to them?

In their words, because they have no money to replace them.  A few ISPs were giving these away with new contracts, that's how most people got one.

I absolutely can understand that money is tight for some, and that is why I do all I can to keep them running.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

HP chose that screw for a reason, and I'd wager it was a cost and or design requirement.  Not only that, it's such a petty thing to devote review time to the screw used especially when it is such a non defining part that doesn't stop the unit working as intended. Add that very little people who want to upgrade their pc's buy pre-builts anyway.  It's like he doesn't know who his audience is. 

Not all HPs are entry level, some will be dissasembled (and a technician may well require access to check why the hard drive isn't working).  It justs means they (HPs) require another tool to dissassemble (to quote Linus all you need is a cross-head screwdriver).

TBH can't see how the head affects the holding power of a screw and having a non-standard part doesn't make a whole lot of sence, can't see it being any cheaper to form a T head than a Philips one .  Yes HP must have a reason for using it but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

"This too shall pass"

So over the years there have been great PC's made by companies like Dell, HP, Asus, Acer, Toshiba, and many more. Then there are the duds. A recant one that drives 

me crazy is the HP 110-210. This thing is garbage. It has zero expansion. No PCI slots, It uses a laptop power supply, it uses a slow AMD A4-5000 APU, and it has what

they call an "Approachable Design". What does the Mean!?  If I where the CEO I'd quit. I would be to ashamed to make this PC. I guess HP really did live up to their hate

name "Horrible Products"   Heres and Amazon link if you are interested in buying this piece of s***    http://www.amazon.com/HP-F3D15AA-ABA-110-210-

Desktop/dp/B00HCCX4AM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407182345&sr=8-1&keywords=hp+110-210 

But what do you think is the worst PC made in the last 5 Years. And I'm only talking about PC's made buy companies. Not one someone built.

Approachable means you can walk up to it just to confirm "wtf I thought that was a trash can."

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

Acer Aspire One, 2009.

I had one of these! Died from a BIOS problem. Tried to flash it and it killed it. I loved it. Only because I didn't know any better.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

Alienware.

And chromebooks.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Approachable means you can walk up to it just to confirm "wtf I thought that was a trash can."

That reminds me of the Mac Pro.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Not all HPs are entry level, some will be dissasembled (and a technician may well require access to check why the hard drive isn't working).  It justs means they (HPs) require another tool to dissassemble (to quote Linus all you need is a cross-head screwdriver).

TBH can't see how the head affects the holding power of a screw and having a non-standard part doesn't make a whole lot of sence, can't see it being any cheaper to form a T head than a Philips one .  Yes HP must have a reason for using it but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

But he's not reviewing any other HP, he's only reviewing that one. And for that one the screw type is irrelevant.  As a professional (yes, computer technician amongst other things) I have never had an issue with screws, you just select the screw tip you need.    It just an unfair review to complain about an aspect that bares no relevance to the end user.  Especially if the person watching decides to spend more on another identical performing machine thinking that screw type is important. 

EDIT: you just have to look at all the responses here from supposedly informed enthusiasts berating that pc and laughing at it, some have even said they can't believe HP are still in business with products like that (another thread). Imagine how average Joes' are going to interpret the review.  There is nothing wrong with that pc for what it costs and the job it is intended to do, In fact I challenge any one here to build a complete system cheaper.

But he's not reviewing any other HP,

EDIT:  In fact I challenge any one here to build a complete system cheaper.

As I say haven't watched that review in a while[1] but I seem to remember the impression I got was that was an aside against HPs practises not just that particular model.

He goes on (in parts 2 and 3) to build a similar priced system and benchmark it.  He does say something about he would not produce anything that low end, which I feel shows were he is coming from.  To me that is a cheap(ish) POS but is perfectly adequate for it's intended users.

The intended users being the school kids, and e-mailers as you mentioned.

Don't get me wrong I am not defending him/his views, after all that is an adequate system for its inteneded users, more I see that video as him bemoaning (Wrongly IMHO) that systems like that are made.

The crap build quality is another matter.  Unconnected cables CAN happen to anyone, but too go to the lengths/costs to fit an extract fan and then not to cable manage to maximise flow [2]strikes me as 'more thought required'.

[1] Watched it once many moons ago but decided it doesn't really 'float my boat' so haven't watched it since.

[2] Not that it really needs it, there seems to be a cathedrals worth of space in there to allow adequate airflow.   Maybe HP decided that the increase in airflow/cooling, that cable managing allows, is insignificant, whilst people are put off by lack of a physical fan?

"This too shall pass"