Something happened with AMD Vega prices?

Timbs

Can somebody explain the situation? Try refrain from using large words too please. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

The actual prices are $100 more than on release.

The release cards were cheaper because AMD told to some retailers to sell a very limited supply for less.

Most reviewers were not told about this or just haven't mentioned it.

The latest WAN show explains it, but in a nutshell, AMD offered the biggest retailers and etailers the Vega cards at 499.99, and when they sold one they would give them a rebate, or refund them, $100. However this was only for a period of 1 week, so now the prices are going up to 600 or more.

I dislike simultaneous releases

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

The release cards were cheaper because AMD told to some retailers to sell a very limited supply for less.

Ohhh. Dude, thats like, shitty. I was gonna try and buy one for my buddy cause he's a total AMD shill, and he received a new system for christmas but it's only got Intel parts in it. I think he's on the forums too.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

That hella sucks my guy. Kinda how I was dicked off $50 for my 1050 Ti.

Just now, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

Ohhh. Dude, thats like, shitty. I was gonna try and buy one for my buddy cause he's a total AMD shill, and he received a new system for christmas but it's only got Intel parts in it. I think he's on the forums too.

All I mentioned is about Vega 64, I am not sure if the price increase will happen for Vega 56 as well. It is shitty unfortunately :(

9 minutes ago, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

That hella sucks my guy. Kinda how I was dicked off $50 for my 1050 Ti.

How did that happen?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

How did that happen?

NVM, just checked, its back up to regular pricing. Bought it for $164.65 when it was around Christmas, then it was like, $110 for a while. Now it's back to $160.

1 hour ago, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

Can somebody explain the situation? Try refrain from using large words too please. 

Ouch. now the only reason to get AMD Is for freesync(which I barely notice with my rx 480) :c

I'd expect it to be atleast the same price!

Just now, Asthetic said:

Ouch. now the only reason to get AMD Is for freesync :c

I'd expect it to be atleast the same price!

Good thing I'm too cheap to get a Freesync monitor lol.

Just now, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

Good thing I'm too cheap to get a Freesync monitor lol.

Lol. you're not missing much :P
I feel like 144hz and freesync and all that are things you don't really care about until you use them. They just make you nitpicky. 60fps was fine to  before my new monitor for example. now it's garbage and 144hz isn't special anymore. Personally I don't see the point.

1 minute ago, Asthetic said:

I feel like 144hz and freesync and all that are things you don't really care about until you use them. They just make you nitpicky. 60fps was fine to  before my new monitor for example. now it's garbage and 144hz isn't special anymore. Personally I don't see the point.

1080p60 is perfectly fine with me. Maybe in the nest few years when 1440p120 is standard then I'll upgrade. But I got both my monitors for free, so I can't really complain.

1 minute ago, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

1080p60 is perfectly fine with me. Maybe in the nest few years when 1440p120 is standard then I'll upgrade. But I got both my monitors for free, so I can't really complain.

:o cool! I feel like a monitor (with good color production and etc, but nothing crazy with 100% adobe rgb) is the most important thing in a gaming pc :P

EDIT: ehmm sorry If I turned this into an unrelated conversation :c

Just now, Asthetic said:

:o cool! I feel like a monitor (with good color production and etc, but nothing crazy with 100% adobe rgb) is the most important thing in a gaming pc :P

EDIT: ehmm sorry If I turned this into an unrelated conversation :c

To me the mst important thing is how snappy it is. I can easily live with a shit monitor, but as long as the PC can handle it I am fine with it.

5 hours ago, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

Freesync was able to breathe some life into my R9 380 2GB that I am thankful for, since the pricing for new cards is ridiculous now.

I was hoping to jump onto the Vega bandwagon, but it seems like it'll end up being unobtainable by common folk for a fair price.

I am sad, but at least I can drop down to 40fps on my current monitor and not notice it, so I should be good for another year or so.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

7 hours ago, WereCat said:

You mean $200 more. The individual cards are $700 dollars at newegg and amazon. Thats sold by amazon and newegg, not third party sellers marking them up.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

7 hours ago, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

They spiked a lot due to HBM2 being a bad bet, now nVidia's more than 1 year old Pascal cards are still a much better purchase for every thing from gaming general usage and cuda but mining apparently.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

14 hours ago, Asthetic said:

When trying out something new and getting used to it makes your previous experience quite terrible and sluggish in some cases, it means the older situation wasn't that great to begin with. Following your logic, console players that are used to play a lot of AAA games at 30fps shouldn't see any reason to want 60fps because they're used to less, but we pretty much all agree that 30fps is a shitty experience. You never go forward with that logic. 

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

13 hours ago, roylapoutre said:

When trying out something new and getting used to it makes your previous experience quite terrible and sluggish in some cases, it means the older situation wasn't that great to begin with. Following your logic, console players that are used to play a lot of AAA games at 30fps shouldn't see any reason to want 60fps because they're used to less, but we pretty much all agree that 30fps is a shitty experience. You never go forward with that logic. 

but what matters is weather you enjoy that experience or not ^_^ isn't it?

I think you mean $239 over priced.

$100 increase + $139 for the two games that nobody wants and you can't buy without.

On 8/22/2017 at 1:51 PM, Asthetic said:

but what matters is weather you enjoy that experience or not ^_^ isn't it?

To some extent, yes. But if that's your argument, don't say "you're not missing much", because that's incredibly misleading and can still be quite subjective! I'd be enjoying a lot of games with my old 660ti at 720p, but that doesn't make the experience good compared to other affordable options. Enjoying a crappy experience doesn't make said experience much better unfortunately :P

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits