Does this PC need a GPU?

JdogBaconMan

Hi. I am building my grandpa his first PC (he always uses macs) and I was wondering what graphics card to put in it. I go to his house a lot and his machine can barely run Minecraft, so I figured he needed an upgrade. While I doubt he is doing any gaming, he watches movies frequently on his computer and is a doctor so he needs to view very high quality images and has two monitors, so I figured he may need an upgrade from the Intel Graphics. I was going to put a 1050ti in it, but that is too expensive for his budget so I was thinking about a 1030? 1030s are a lot cheaper than any 1050 (950, 750, etc) and jhas about the same specs as a 1050, but does he need a GPU at all? If so, what is a super cheap but good GPU? Thanks!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JdogBaconMan/saved/BQmHxr

Main setup:

i7-6700k

32GB Ripjaws V

500GB SSD + 2TB HDD

EVGA 1070 Founder's Edition

750W Corsair

Asus H170 Gaming Pro MOBO

2 Dell 1080p 21 inch monitors

Corsair STRAFE RGB Keyboard

Razer Deathadder Chroma

Just stick with the iGPU. It should be fine.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

5 minutes ago, JdogBaconMan said:

Hi. I am building my grandpa his first PC (he always uses macs) and I was wondering what graphics card to put in it. I go to his house a lot and his machine can barely run Minecraft, so I figured he needed an upgrade. While I doubt he is doing any gaming, he watches movies frequently on his computer and is a doctor so he needs to view very high quality images and has two monitors, so I figured he may need an upgrade from the Intel Graphics. I was going to put a 1050ti in it, but that is too expensive for his budget so I was thinking about a 1030? 1030s are a lot cheaper than any 1050 (950, 750, etc) and jhas about the same specs as a 1050, but does he need a GPU at all? If so, what is a super cheap but good GPU? Thanks!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JdogBaconMan/saved/BQmHxr

the iGPU on the processor is more than enough to display almost any resolution that doesnt require rendering or gaming. Displaying images or replaying footage is easily done with it

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

the iGPU on the processor is more than enough to display almost any resolution that doesnt require rendering or gaming. Displaying images or replaying footage is easily done with it

Thanks, I was thinking I would do some light gaming on it but  I guess iGPU would be fine for that

Main setup:

i7-6700k

32GB Ripjaws V

500GB SSD + 2TB HDD

EVGA 1070 Founder's Edition

750W Corsair

Asus H170 Gaming Pro MOBO

2 Dell 1080p 21 inch monitors

Corsair STRAFE RGB Keyboard

Razer Deathadder Chroma

Just now, JdogBaconMan said:

Thanks, I was thinking I would do some light gaming on it but  I guess iGPU would be fine for that

Games like league of legends, CS:GO and mine craft should be fine for the most part

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

15 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

CS:GO 

Well, if you can deal with 70 fps. 

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

What's wrong with his old setup btw?

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Just now, YedZed said:

Well, if you can deal with 70 fps. 

70fps even in cs:go is fine if youre casual. 

Intel Iris Pro is faster than 90% of discrete graphics

AMD A10 and A12 APUs are built with eSports at heart

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K