*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

This Is my #ROGRigReboot entry ! Hopefully you've enjoyed , Worked hard on it ! 

Want it to slip it in before the deadline. I dream of ultra... I dream of editing 4k footage and not have to use proxies.

I took a little dramatic turn with the contest.

ROGRigreboot.

1090t black 2010

8gb Gskill ( was 16 but one stick died )

Powercolor 280x ( Fans rattle.. yes rattels.. )- 2015

H440 - 2016

Corsair force Refurb 240gb SSD - 2016

Computer is not a reliable beast like it was in the olden days.

Crashes upon entry of any benchmarks. 

Doesnt if I remove GPU and use in board graphics,

10-22 fps with in  board graphics.

On 8/11/2017 at 5:06 PM, CPotter said:

2017-08-11.png

We're inviting you to send us a 30 - 60-second video tour of your outdated gaming rig, explaining why you should win a free gaming PC upgrade at the Linus Tech Tips office with Linus! Tell us why your rig isn't cutting it and how ASUS ROG can make your dreams come true. 

Winners will be selected based on:

- Hardware specifications

- Games (That you can or cannot run)

- Story

- Creativity

Please link your video within this thread and use #ROGRigReboot in your entry post so we can filter through the applications easier. :D 

Applications for video entries will close on  August 21st - later that week we'll be picking three winners who will be direct messaged here through the forum! From there we'll coordinate flights and accommodations for the winners to come out to Surrey, BC, Canada.

*This giveaway is limited to residents in North America only, ages 18 or older, or younger accompanied by a guardian*

Follow ASUS ROG on social media for updates!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rog.n.america

Twitter: twitter.com/ASUSUSA

Instagram: instagram.com/rog_na/

Check out the ASUS ROG store on Facebook: http://geni.us/asusrogfacebookstore

#ROGRIGRasusrogfacebooks

2017-08-11.png

We're inviting you to send us a 30 - 60-second video tour of your outdated gaming rig, explaining why you should win a free gaming PC upgrade at the Linus Tech Tips office with Linus! Tell us why your rig isn't cutting it and how ASUS ROG can make your dreams come true. 

Winners will be selected based on:

- Hardware specifications

- Games (That you can or cannot run)

- Story

- Creativity

Please link your video within this thread and use #ROGRigReboot in your entry post so we can filter through the applications easier. :D 

Applications for video entries will close on  August 21st - later that week we'll be picking three winners who will be direct messaged here through the forum! From there we'll coordinate flights and accommodations for the winners to come out to Surrey, BC, Canada.

*This giveaway is limited to residents in North America only, ages 18 or older, or younger accompanied by a guardian*

Follow ASUS ROG on social media for updates!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rog.n.america

Twitter: twitter.com/ASUSUSA

Instagram: instagram.com/rog_na/

Check out the ASUS ROG store on Facebook: http://geni.us/asusrogfacebookstore

#ROGRigReboot

Hey Linus! I am such a tech nerd and I would love to meet you in person! I am 17 years old but I do have consent from my parents to do this. Thanks for your consideration!

8 hours ago, b3ar said:

He is. He's submitting it one frame at a time for maximum exposure.

Ahhh

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

#ROGRigReboot

So... I'm hoping that the "30-60 second" part isn't too strictly enforced because mine is a little longer than that. I spent a few days on it (probably 5 days of actual man hours) and I'm happy with the final export, but if 60 seconds is the maximum, I can frantically trim something down to 60 seconds... I think.

Anyway, here is the video, enjoy!

#ROGRigReboot

I'm really hoping to win. I know that I kind of missed the gaming aspect of the application within the video, but the following quote:

Tell us why your rig isn't cutting it and how ASUS ROG can make your dreams come true.

says that I should explain how ASUS ROG could make my dreams come true. I did exactly that. I told my story the way it is, and decided to go with my gut rather than disingenuously talking about how I only want to win for the games. If you want a brief rundown of the games I can/cannot play, I've put some numbers in the description of the YouTube video. Thank you.

10 hours ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

You have to do a video

I tried to do a video but it didn’t let me put a 50 sec vid on the post

1 minute ago, Mike h said:

I tried to do a video but it didn’t let me put a 50 sec vid on the post

Post it on YouTube or google drive and get the link and put it in the post

#RogRigReboot

Can't wait for the results!

Video: https://youtu.be/kRL_RlIEfao

Specs are listed in the video.  

Here is the creativity:

I took my PC outside to my little hobby farm to see how the animals thought of it.  Here are the results:

Chickens: NO

Cows: NO

Pigs: NO

Cats:NO

Dogs: DON'T CARE ABOUT PC HARDWARE.

(I meant to do this on camera but the video would be WAY too long)

So, for some reason animals seem to care about my PC hardware so, I think it is time for an upgrade.

Thank you for considering me!

Please link your video within this thread [...] 

Applications for video entries will close on  August 21st [...]

When you say entries close on the 21st, does that mean the 20th is the last day to post, or that at a designated time during the 21st is the deadline... or 23:59 on the 21st, or what? What is the exact deadline? (and time zone) I finally worked up the nerve to make a video and would like to know how much time I have to figure out how to put it together somewhat competently. Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, raccoontwos said:

When you say entries close on the 21st, does that mean the 20th is the last day to post, or that at a designated time during the 21st is the deadline... or 23:59 on the 21st, or what? What is the exact deadline? (and time zone) I finally worked up the nerve to make a video and would like to know how much time I have to figure out how to put it together somewhat competently. Thank you in advance!

I would post today to be sure. Good luck to all! (Even though I should win!)

My PC:

Macbook Pro 13", 2017 w/ Touchbar

Specs:

CPU: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

Good luck to everyone, I hope I win, my PC is not as old as what others have posted but I hope I win just because she broke. I doubt I will but still, worth a shot! LOL

1 minute ago, NavyGuy2007 said:

Good luck to everyone, I hope I win, my PC is not as old as what others have posted but I hope I win just because she broke. I doubt I will but still, worth a shot! LOL

I can't believe the quantity of people with bad PCs (including myself) considering that this a tech channel which shows off really expensive tech.

#ROGRigReboot

Hey guys, long time fan here (contrary to the fact that I only just joined the forums)! I know I didn't take a conventional approach, but I would really appreciate it if you took it as creativity. I'm not so happy with how little I showed off the actual circuit given how much time I put into building it, but hey; still proud! I've been wanting to build a rig, and have been watching others do so since I was in 5th grade, but I've never been able to do it myself. This trip would fulfill a long time dream of mine, and I really hope you consider my video. It also took me hours to make the LCD circuit (apparently you NEED to change the contrast on the LCD -_-) as well as timing the video cuts to the music, as well as comparability research (that's what the approximations below the in-video specs were for) so I hope you understand the effort I put into this. Watch till the very end, because you'll see Rock, Paper, Scissors working (for a couple of seconds anyway)! Anyways, here it is: 

The M.O.G.R.O.A.T (Most Outdated Gaming Rig of all Time):

CPU: ATMega328P @16 MHz

CPU Cooler: N/A

Motherboard: Arduino Stock

RAM: 2 KB SRAM

Storage: 32 KB Flash Memory

GPU: N/A

Case: N/A

PSU: 12V DC-IN

Display: 16x2 32-character LCD Screen

lol #desperatethumbnail

I'm a student and aspiring coder, business owner, filmmaker, music producer, and tech enthusiast entering 10th grade, and having a solid rig to help me achieve tasks associated with these aspirations quickly and efficiently would not only be a huge load off my back, but having built it would finally feed the tech enthusiast in me dreaming night after night about what kind of PC I'd like to build. I'd also like to thank LTT profusely for teaching me so many things about tech and giving me laughs every day. Keep doing what you're doing, and thanks to both Asus & LTT for providing such an amazing opportunity to the community.

~Areeq Hasan

This is my current machine. im hoping to get a #ROGRigReboot from linus and asus. 
Here are the specs
CPU: intel 3770K
MOBO: Intel DZ77RE-75K
GPU: Asus posiedon 780 jsut running on air
Cooler: second gen corsair h100
Case: Corsair 900D
Os drive: 1 intel 240gb ssd 1 ocz 240gb ss and one 60gb toshiba to handle to over flow
Storage: 4 second hand 2tb drives from hitachi that a friend supplied
PSU: corsair 850 tx 

I would love to get a reboot from you guys. help this broke college kid out

44 minutes ago, Haxor Gaming said:

I can't believe the quantity of people with bad PCs (including myself) considering that this a tech channel which shows off really expensive tech.

"Expensive" being the key word. Hence why people, (my self included!) will join forums like this in a vain attempt to win a contest! 

1 minute ago, NavyGuy2007 said:

"Expensive" being the key word.

Exactly

Here's my entry, wish me luck boys. #RogRigReboot

also the beautiful song featured in the video is by the wonderful Dennis Liao (Lil D)

#ROGRigReboot

I Know the video isn't the greatest but i didn't have the time or resources to make anything better. 

#ROGRigReboot

-Story- 

About 3 years ago I built my first ever computer and I knew that this was my newly founded passion, from the moment I pressed the power button my face lit up with excitement because I knew that technology would be my passion and I'd be able to finally have my own computer that could play video games/stream. Then shit hit the fan and my mom took away my computer and locked it away for 2 years, I was devastated and I knew that my mom had gone psycho. It was some really rough times for me throughout those two years but I stayed true to my passion for technology that I developed and I kept on learning more and more through the tech-tubers like linustechtips, Gamers Nexus, Bitwit, Jayztwocents, Digital Foundry and more. Anyway that's the basics of my story and good luck to everyone!

-Current PC Specs-

- Intel i7-4771

- Gigabyte P85-D3

- EVGA GTX 780 3gb

- 16gb 1600mhz 2x8 DDR3 memory

- Acer S220HQLAbd Black 21.5" 5ms 

- 1tb WD Mechanical Drive

-Notes- 

- Coil whine comes from the PSU (use headphones to here coil whine in the video) and gets even louder sometimes

- I also didn't mention in the video that my monitor and keyboard/mouse are pretty hard to work with

Enjoy the video! :D

~thatonesilly~

ROGRigReboot.m4v

4 minutes ago, danielibarra1990 said:

This is my video!

Te hacen falta especificaciones, como por ejemplo, Modelo exacto del Procesador, La RAM debes especificar si es DDR3, 4, 2 o 1 y a cuantos MHz o GHz va, y lo más importante. You have to speak in English, i don't think they understand our language, srry