*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

Yo Here Is my PC setup. I've put about 1 year of work into it and it still can't even run League Of Legends on high settings smoothly.

If you guys could help me out this would just make my life so much easier as I am trying to start up a youtube channel so that's why I need a good PC more than ever. #ROGRigReboot

My PC as it is is in very bad shape with some bottom tier specs when it comes to gaming and I was lucky enough where my PC almost crashed on various parts of editing this video. Luckily, it went through (as you'll see in the hardware specs) and this will be my entry into this contest! Any questions just ask me and I hope you all enjoy my video! 

i would enter, but i might think i won;t win this. if it's not for the north american restriction, it would be because i have pretty good specs i guess.

GL to all the entries tough!

Here is my entry, best of luck to all those folks with AMAZING vids!

Specs: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Mouse: SS Rival 300

Headset: SS Arctis 7

Keyboard: Varmilo VB87M (Gateron Clear)

Monitor: BenQ 60hz

Benchmarks: CS:GO Sub 80> fps native (low settings)

Rocket league: Sub 60> Fps Native

.....those are the only games I can play......MacLyfe

7 hours ago, Creeper_Killer12 said:

I agree

More than that I find it sort of ironic that a lot of these people only have 1 post. That post being their entry to this competition.

So what? The point of the contest is to bring more people here, otherwise they would have just advertised it here and not on Facebook and YouTube. 

On 8/11/2017 at 5:06 PM, CPotter said:

*This giveaway is limited to residents in North America only, ages 18 or older, or younger accompanied by a guardian*

Does this have to be a parent of can it just be an adult that my parents are fine with me traveling with?

Hey Linus and the team.My name is Jarrin, I'm 18 and I live in America, like 90% of everyone entering and I want to win this bad. I would try to make up some funny, sad story but I genuinely feel I could use a new comp. Saturday, August 5th I was ran off the sidewalk by a car at around 10pm flipping over my bike and being concussed. Spending 5 hours in the hospital I came out knowing I had torn ligaments in my knee and they found something in my brain by accident. A 3cm Arachnoid Cyst. Being in the pain I am, and knowing what I know now has really hit hard and the one thing I've found myself doing is playing games on my computer, parents computer. The thing is it can barely run anything. Minecraft at its lowest settings struggle. This will probably never be seen and someone else will probably win but I thought I'd give it a shot, someones gotta win. I love watching your videos. I've learned a lot, surprisingly haha. I love the atmosphere and attitude of every one and enjoy the crew. Seeing all the tech you have is insane!! Well I'll attach a video now I guess.

my name is marlon I am from jacksonville FL I have been running off a 2015 hp15 laptop with an dual core Intel celeron CPU and a HP 2000 series HDD that runs at 500RPM &4 GB of ddr3 RAM. This machine can mostly normal stuff but have repurposed it to make basic 3d Modeling  and coding sadly it is unable to perform what I need to to do at a rate Wich is acceptable even tha. Still proud of it though even if unable to open Steam. So this is my chance to enter to the PC MasterRace eventually 

Ricky Sim here and I'm in desperate need of a new gaming computer so that I can play the latest games and hang with the coolest Youtube Gamers. Right now my computer barely makes it on medium settings for games like Player Unknown Battlefield, editing this video was a challenge to slow performance and forget even trying a game like Prey!

I boastfully declare that I own an a top-of-the-line Intel Core i53570 K @ 3.4GHz, MMZ SSE, Nvida GeForce GT 610 GPU, a beautiful Military Class 3 Msi Z77A-G45 Motherboard, 16 GB DDR3 with a raw jet blaster DA series 600 W power supply - well it was a good machine back in the day and it still runs but it would be really nice to get an upgrade please and thank-you.

Here's my video I made and it's just under a minute!

https://youtu.be/wTAn9k56dL4

i Ricky Sim

#ROGRigReboot  My desktop needs some lovin'. She currently struggles to run games from 2007, and i'm afraid my little trick wont work for much longer.

#ROGRigReboot 

Specs: ASUS R510D Laptop

CPU:AMD A10-5750M 2.5Ghz

GPU Radeon HD 8650G + 8670M

Monitor is 15 inch

Problems:

• There was also a time where I had spilled milk on the keyboard,lesson learned, so now the built in one doesn't work and one key repeats even when I don't type it so all of a sudden I will see 6666666 being typed, this post included. 
  • Its a laptop, I haven't even had my chance to experience my first true gaming PC.
  • Fan hardly cools, overheats very quickly. Posting this and checking CPUID HWMonitor, my low temperature for my processor was 97 Celsius, high was 126 Celsius. 
  • The graphics card is legacy now so there are no more updates being made for it.It's 25 months out of date(from CanIRunIt.com checking games). It was alright at the time but now its just being left in the past, and the gaming performance shows.
  • Games don't run on native resolution. They run on all low reduced resolution only getting about 35 fps or less average on: Overwatch(19 fps), Skyrim(35 fps), Rocket League(25fps), League of Legends(50fps), CSGO(45fps). It's an added difficulty to have to account for not the ping, but the framerate of my machine when playing games that require reaction speeds and specific timing.

default.jpg?v=599867e1&sqp=CIjP4cwF&rs=A  
^Click To View My Video Entry ^
Why I Should Win
So, there a lot of people out there with terrible PCs, but they also might have another computer hidden away that is really high performance. Other people just have bad systems, that are simply way better than mine, I mean people with core 2 duos still have way powerful computers than. A lot of these entries at least have dedicated graphics. Another thing to consider  is that a lot of people are old enough to get a job. It is illegal for me  to get a job  right now and it will be along time until I can. 

Performance Problems
  • My CPU is a dual core mobile processor from early 2013 running at a max turbo of 1.80 GHz and a Cinebench R15 score of 109.
  • The graphics processor is Intel HD Graphics 4000 at 350 MHz with a 3D Mark Firestrike Graphics score of 250.
  • The meager 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM is  barely enough to run google Chrome and not enough to run any games.
  • The GPU is limited to DX9.
  • It  runs Minecraft with a render distance of 6 chunks and all lowest settings at 15-20 fps.
  • The W-Fi chip on my laptop runs at a max of 3MBs per second download, though my Wi-Fi is 70 MBs download.
  • My laptop can not play HD YouTube videos smoothly.
  • The 500GB Toshiba  HDD reads at only 36Mbs.

11 minutes ago, Jake Prince said:

So, there a lot of people out there with terrible PCs, but they also might have another computer hidden away that is really high performance.

These comments trigger me. There are so many people still running the unsupported windows XP, and I would assume a decent chunk of the Windows 7 users, like me, have upgraded a computer from the Windows XP era to Windows 7. We can still watch YouTube, do our homework, make presentations, and have friends that are nice enough to let us use their computers to game occasionally and run a small YouTube channel together.

tech%20cod%2005-15-17.png

GODSPEED

OK, I just realized that this may be breaking the Community Standards of not being a "dick". I'm not the best at articulating what I want to say here but I hope my message can shine through. I'm not trying to be mean to my boy Jake Prince, and even though it's a very valid argument by him, there is no way LMG can sift through investigating every submission.

Edited by Kevin Lee
I want to clarify that I am not a dick.

Thanks for having this contest my pc kinda sucks hopefully you guys choose me! Good luck to everyone! #ROGRigReboot

#ROGRigReboot

Video Here

I don't actually own a Desktop of any kind, so I often use the libraries, so I ran with that to make my video funnier. I honestly couldn't get any specs without administrative permission, and the only benchmark I could get was minecraft. I can use the computer for up to an hour. I do have a laptop, but the screen is completely broken and black, it over heats after an hour, and barley works?. I decides to keep the sob story out of the video but here it is (if you want to read it).

Spoiler

I worked for a long time to buy my own computer for gaming and making my own games in Unreal Engine, however my mom borrowed all of my money and I got "fired" (or as i found out later was the owners son lying cause he didn't like me). I've been working since again but I'm not even close to what i need for even a budget rig that can do what I need.

Anyway hopefully I can use my own computer eventually and good look to everyone else.

UPDATE:

I found a librarian who knew a little about there pc's. They use Core 2 Duo's and have 2gbs of RAM (unsure of ddr type though). Any way, those are all the specs I could get.

Edited by ethen0123
Add more detail

41 minutes ago, JackPennock said:

how do i link my video on the thread

You copy and paste the YouTube video URL anywhere in the comment.

Like HERE or here or HeRe or hErE! glhf

I just got my cinebench scores 6.10 fps in OpenGL and 34 cb in CPU but I don't know what that means can someone tell me what it means

20170819_145556.jpg

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

On 8/14/2017 at 10:45 PM, ScrappyZeDog said:

#ROGRigReboot

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2szHq2Y17HkOURYOHZIcFp6NlU/view?usp=drivesdk

That is the video link

It has an AMD A6-1450 

4gb of ram

Windows 10 home

I use a 2005 Dell Keyboard and a 5 dollar wireless Insignia mouse that I made a custom dongle fore

I would love to get ASUS graphics cards, motherboards, and monitors 

I bought it after I won some money

I how to win and get a new PC and settup

I just did cinebench and these are my scores

20170819_145556.jpg

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D