*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

Hello today I would like to introduce you to "Kyles box of doom" a pc with a powerful name but not so powerful parts! This pc was given to me by my friend kyle because he wanted me to be able to play games with him, that was 2 years ago when we both played MineCraft and well now MineCraft really isn't our game. Its almost impossible for us to find games we can both play as my "Box Of Doom" really can't run anything newer then 2012. Being chosen would be amazing it would grant me the power to actually play games with my friends and no longer be the outcast! 

I have included another sorta skit video I made with my friend while planning out this video 

Here is a full list of my pc specs

• CPU: i5 2400 (3cores) 3.1ghz
  •  
  • Motherboard: ZOTAC H67ITX-D-E
  •  
  • RAM: 8gbs of DDR3 running at 665 MHz
  •  
  • GPU: built into the motherboard GTX520 with 511mbs of Vram running at 810 MHz (no expansion) 
  •  
  • Storage: A 1tb Western Digital drive

I would like to thank Asus and Linus Media Group for hosting this awesome event that gives the community a chance to show off their crap rigs in a creative fashion.

#ROGRigReboot

Best when viewed in full screen but idc...

This video entry has been approved by my mother... in case there was any doubt...

I Put some "Easter eggs" in there that might be hard to find...especially if you're not watching in full screen...

the time codes are in this spoiler.

Spoiler

#1 0:06 text pops up for a split second saying "cause my mommy totally said so!"

#2 0:07 i'm wearing a sign that says "myself"

#3 0:14 Sign changed to "Disappointed"

#4 0:17 Changed again to "DONE."

#5 0:42 On the bottom left side of my monitor it says" Timothy I pick you!"

#6 0:43 Text appears next to that last egg saying "gotta catch em' all!"

I had tons of fun making this enjoy.

#ROGRigReboot 

Hey guys, I'm submitting this on behalf of my girlfriend without her knowledge, I have a decent PC, but she doesn't and this video shows it. It is kind of hard to involve a story, specs and games playable on this, so if I can, i'll type it out here for you.

-Intel core2 quad Q6600

- Radeon ATI 5870

-64 GB ssd from sandisk

-500 GB WD black HDD

-500 GB Seagate HDD

-HP motherboard (did not check to see what it was, I cannot connect it to the monitor, so I was not able to see what model it was) 

-Antec 550w PSU

My girlfriend loves to game and draw. Unluckily, she is currently always working to pay her bills (recently having to drop out of college to do so) and doesn't have much money to put towards a savings. A new computer would be incredibly helpful for her, boosting her quality of life as currently she doesn't even have a laptop and is functioning just off of a smartphone. Although it is definitely not in her budget nor will be any time soon. She had to drop out of college in order to take an extra shift at her job in hopes of raising enough money to replace her old junk car (a car that is completely wrecked but still can be driven for short distances, but that will not last much longer), while still paying rent and surviving.   A new computer that would be able to actually play her favorite games, and new ones, as well as be able to use art programs, would definitely make her life much more enjoyable. 

I'm helping her as much as I can. Can you help me help her?

-Jesus M

#ROGRigReboot 

This is my video for the giveaway, hope you liked it.

I am a fan of the Linus Tech Tips channel, Techquickie and Channel super fun.

It would be great to meet them. 

Here is my entry for the #ROGRigReboot Competition.

It seems like you guys at Linus Media Group really care about your viewers!

Thanks for making this contest available!

Respectfully,

Sam

#ROGRigReboot 

This is why you should never let your mom buy a computer!

Thank you for this opportunity.

On 19/8/2017 at 8:41 PM, Bxnfuru said:

Hello everyone! This is the video that I made (my entry) for the #ROGRigReboot contest!

With a cringy PC, a Cellphone, some Hard work (and borrowed PCs of my friends for editing lol) you can do beautiful things.

〈 More info 〉 :  To not made the video so stressful in content, I removed some details that I'm going to write in this post.

✦ You can find the full specs of my PC here: https://www.cnet.com/products/compaq-presario-sr1210la-tower-sempron-2800-plus-2-ghz-256-mb-40-gb/specs/
(Btw, In my video says that it uses 1GB DDR 166.6MHz RAM cuz I needed to upgrade RAM in the past. 
It was impossible to use even the browsers with such low RAM) It is still unusable for gaming, don't worry.

✦ Even, I tried to do some benchmark software like PCMark10, PassMark Perfomance Test; lots of errors and no results. So outdated.

✦ Games like Doom and CS:GO or 1.6 just won't open, this can't even run Minecraft.

✦ CPUz: http://imgur.com/a/DsAK4 http://imgur.com/a/9vzk6

UserBenchmark: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/4755/AMD-Semprontm-Processor-2800-

Putted so much effort on this, hope you enjoy it.

Don't forget.

4 minutes ago, Aruku said:

Don't forget.

LMG is thorough AF in everything they do, i don't think you need to bump your buds video. For some reason i picture them rounding up all the videos tomorrow and watching them as a group with a few beers haha

Hey all!

Here you can see an old eMachines EL1325G (?) not sure where to find my exact machine anymore. I bought it second hand several years ago for around $50. I started "upgrading" it by removing the virus laden hard drive and replacing it with something much, much better. Then bought a new case, keyboard and mouse, and power supply to support it all.

Now, I would show some benchmarks, but I can't seem to get CPUz and GPUz to work (the latter not surprising seeing how there isn't a graphics card in the machine), but I did, however, get some load statistics and the CPU is throttling on and off almost always. It seems Chrome and iTunes is a bit too much for it xD The memory is also working overtime, though that also doesn't surprise me. 2gb aren't a lot for any machine to work with.

599a6aa4df71c_TaskManagerScreenshot.JPG.8c20ee0c927b784eee8b730e55a795a2.JPG

It's not exactly at idle or at load, but that's the most load I'm willing to put it under for fear of losing it altogether. Or maybe it'd set fire... Who knows?

Anyways, I hope you see this, and I want to thank you all for being a bright light in my life and making Grade-A content for me to look forward to!

Sincerely, 

Colin Vinson

#ROGRigReboot #PleasePickMe #whatamidoing #thisisnttumblr #lmao

4 minutes ago, Maverick8341 said:

Hey all!

Here you can see an old eMachines EL1325G (?) not sure where to find my exact machine anymore. I bought it second hand several years ago for around $50. I started "upgrading" it by removing the virus laden hard drive and replacing it with something much, much better. Then bought a new case, keyboard and mouse, and power supply to support it all.

Now, I would show some benchmarks, but I can't seem to get CPUz and GPUz to work (the latter not surprising seeing how there isn't a graphics card in the machine), but I did, however, get some load statistics and the CPU is throttling on and off almost always. It seems Chrome and iTunes is a bit too much for it xD The memory is also working overtime, though that also doesn't surprise me. 2gb aren't a lot for any machine to work with.

599a6aa4df71c_TaskManagerScreenshot.JPG.8c20ee0c927b784eee8b730e55a795a2.JPG

It's not exactly at idle or at load, but that's the most load I'm willing to put it under for fear of losing it altogether. Or maybe it'd set fire... Who knows?

Anyways, I hope you see this, and I want to thank you all for being a bright light in my life and making Grade-A content for me to look forward to!

Sincerely, 

Colin Vinson

#ROGRigReboot #PleasePickMe #whatamidoing #thisisnttumblr #lmao

whoa, that's quite the power supply you got there.

#overkill

#2GBOfRam? #sadface

Just now, antimattertape said:

whoa, that's quite the power supply you got there.

#overkill

#2GBOfRam? #sadface

Well, I had many a plan to finish upgrading it to something respectable, but financially I've never been able to. Lol #overkillisRight #mybad

Just now, Maverick8341 said:

Well, I had many a plan to finish upgrading it to something respectable, but financially I've never been able to. Lol #overkillisRight #mybad

Yeah I need to get a better CPU but I'd have to upgrade my motherboard and get DDR4 ram too, that's gonna cost me a lot :S

Just now, antimattertape said:

Yeah I need to get a better CPU but I'd have to upgrade my motherboard and get DDR4 ram too, that's gonna cost me a lot :S

Exactly! If I could've gotten away with not buying a new motherboard I would've upgraded it a long time ago. But the games that I want to play require some beefy hardware, and I just don't have the Munny :(

1 minute ago, Maverick8341 said:

Exactly! If I could've gotten away with not buying a new motherboard I would've upgraded it a long time ago. But the games that I want to play require some beefy hardware, and I just don't have the Munny :(

That's the only thing that's holding a lot of us back.

#ROGRigReboot

Hardest part of the video? Getting it down to 1 minute from the nearly 3 minutes it started at...

Good luck y'all!

11 minutes ago, LoneTrumpeteer said:

#ROGRigReboot

Hardest part of the video? Getting it down to 1 minute from the nearly 3 minutes it started at...

Good luck y'all!

I think I had about 5 minutes of content to sort through. I don't know how LMG does it.. #actualWizardsConfirmed

Kinda late but still on time, so here it is;

Note in the video I said it runs around 100 FPS, this is at the beginning of the benchmark. Benchmarking or just running Unigine Heaven for over 1-2 minutes causes it to crash.

PC Specs

Intel I7-2600K at 3.40GHZ

16gb ram (ddr3 I think?)

GIGABYTE Z77-D3H LGA-1155 Motherboard

600W ThermalTake PSU

GTX 770 2gb

RocketFish CPU cooler.

May not be the best video, but I tried to make it the best I could.

Can play most games on medium settings, though at medium or high settings it throttles at times and starts to overheat. You can feel the heat hot to the touch from the back fan.

Pictures of CINEBENCH R15 and UNIGINE VALLEY 1.0 benchmarks attached to this thread.

Good luck to everyone who entered and excited to see what the new builds that come out of this contest will be like!

It says I'm running windows 8 for some reason but I am using Windows 10.

ltt1.jpg

ltt2.jpg

The story behind this PC is not very good, its just my standard PC that I wanted to use for gaming for years back when I got it. Now that it is beat out by others, I need to upgrade it to its max performance so that It can not only play old games well, but new games also.

Forgot to include the Unigine Heaven benchmarks due to it crashing, sorry, but I guess Cinebench and Unigine Valley work as benchmarks just fine.

Another little edit, I know this PC can seem a bit powerfull compared to others, with its high Unigine Valley Score and FPS, but it would be great if I could boost the performance of this PC up to run games cooler and with better FPS in Triple A games, the benchmarks show a lot more FPS than in games.

Hey Linus, here is my video. 

Take pity on me, I'm a broke college student working full time trying to help take care of my family. 

The PC is an old Dell vostro I got for free.

Specs:

- I3 2120

- 4gb ddr3 ram

- EVGA sc 750 to

- WD blue 1tb hard drive. 

The hard drive is the only thing that was bought new. Everything else was second hand. 

Oh before I forget, I have to use an old laptop as a wifi antenna because the one I bought is a USB 3 but there are only USB 1 ports on my PC and mother board lol. 

2 minutes ago, Spacecowboy2k71 said:

Hey Linus, here is my video. 

Take pity on me, I'm a broke college student working full time trying to help take care of my family. 

The PC is an old Dell vostro I got for free.

Specs:

- I3 2120

- 4gb ddr3 ram

- EVGA sc 750 to

- WD blue 1tb hard drive. 

The hard drive is the only thing that was bought new. Everything else was second hand. 

Oh before I forget, I have to use an old laptop as a wifi antenna because the one I bought is a USB 3 but there are only USB 1 ports on my PC and mother board lol. 

why do you keep buying those games if your PC is so far from being able to run them?

5 minutes ago, MarcVez said:

why do you keep buying those games if your PC is so far from being able to run them?

I like to think they're like me and buy games that they will, one day, be able to play. I mean, my PC can't even play KotOR anymore (thanks Windows 10), but I'm always hoping I'll get the opportunity to upgrade the darn thing so I can play them. xD

2 minutes ago, Maverick8341 said:

I like to think they're like me and buy games that they will, one day, be able to play. I mean, my PC can't even play KotOR anymore (thanks Windows 10), but I'm always hoping I'll get the opportunity to upgrade the darn thing so I can play them. xD

yeah but a few of those = a new gtx 1050. then again, those steam sales can get pretty crazy haha