*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

#ROGRigReboot

My video for the contest!!

I'd really like to win as my friends have epic pc's that can run games at 60fps.

I recently moved schools and I won't be able to see or play with them, this will really help.

PLEASE I dont not want to dis[lease the master race with my PC(Piece of Crap). 

Heyo, thought I'd submit a video to this. Not expecting to win (my vid is shit quality and is too long), but I had fun making it, and I think it's pretty different to most of the stuff on here. In any event, feel free to mock my potato tier editing and camerawork (shut up about the flower pot); though I was borrowing literally every device/piece of generic office supply used in this video from friends or family so pls be gentle.

The music I used is Spectre by Alan Walker if anyone's wondering.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:03 PM, Simple_Canadian said:

Oops, this does not exist

Edited by Simple_Canadian

#ROGRigReboot 

This is my entry in the LTT contest. Since I had this computer, I had MANY problems. I cannot run any game without overheating and for the job I want to do in the future (in networking), this computer won't do it. I am really sad that all of my friends are going into the PC realm and they have MUCH better computers than this laptop. The editing of this entry was done by one of them because my computer can't even run an editing program. They have the budget. Not me. I really hope that I have a chance to win a trip to your studio so I could finally get a decent computer.

#ROGRigReboo

I would just like to thank LTT for giving me a chance to participate. This took me a good while, Hope they see it.

#ROGRigReboo

#RogRigReboot

Hi, I'm echo45. Here is my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eag6xGm4DnI

My primary computer is a 24" iMac from 2007. Ten years old :/

For best results watch in 1080p. Lagged a lot for me but there is some text that could appear blurry at lower resolutions.

I apologize for the lighting, I had 3 desk lamps for studio lights.

My computer cannot run any real games smoothly. It lags even launching Steam.

My specs:

CPU: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Big pain

Graphics: Radeon HD 2600 Pro, 256 MB (worse than integrated graphics) - BIGGER PAIN

RAM: 2 GB DDR2-667 - BIGGEST PAIN

Storage: 500 GB Hard Drive

Display: Built-in 24" 1920x1200

Old Apple Keyboard & Dell Mouse

Note: This computer is arguably worse then the cheapest newegg PC.

I'm a homeschooler who takes courses online, and even some software I need for the courses lag a lot.

My computer is not a gaming rig, and it is 10 years old. I can't afford a new one.

I could not play any games in this video, but my computer cannot even handle Minecraft. I chose not to include that part in the video because Minecraft is dying (and time reasons).

I probably could play Undertale, but I don't have it.

My only working laptop is an Acer C720 Chromebook.

I'm under 18, so I can tell you my parent's email and my email if needed.

My closest airport is CMI.

THIS POST CONTAINS A LINK AT THE TOP

I am including the image below because I do not know how to embed a video, and in case Linus is scrolling really fast until an embedded video catches his eye.

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 10.05.08 PM.png

3 minutes ago, echo45 said:

Hi, I'm echo45. Here is my video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Eag6xGm4DnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My specs:

Graphics: Radeon HD 2600 Pro, 256 MB

CPU: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

RAM: 2 GB DDR2-667 - A HUGE PAIN IN THE ___

Storage: 500 GB Hard Drive

Display: Built-in 24" 1920x1200

Note: This computer is arguably worse then the cheapest newegg PC.

I'm a homeschooler who takes courses online, and even some software I need for the courses lag a lot.

My computer is not a gaming rig, and it is 10 years old. I can't afford a new one.

I could not play any games in this video, but my computer cannot even handle Minecraft. I chose not to include that part in the video because Minecraft is dying.

I'm 14 years old, so my parent's email address is XXXX

My email is XXXX

My closest airport is CMI.

Its not a good idea to openly post email addresses, unless you want to flood yourself and your parents with spam email. If I were you I'd take those out. 

Here it is... my #ROGRigReboot entry.

Cant really play any good games. Please Watch its a Fantastic video. Sorry quality came out a bit weird, my monitor is 1500x1450.

#ROGRigReboot

The Hero Machine

This is my entry for the ROG reboot contest. Thanks to both LinusTechTips and ASUS ROG for providing this opportunity.

Winning this event would mean a whole lot to me. It would be an epic quality of life improvement in the gaming department. It would also help me a lot with learning to program and having access to a good content creation machine.

The specs for the machine can be seen in the last few frames of the video. Cinebench is displaying them from XP point of view, and I have the Ubuntu "details" readout in the corner there. The HD has about 200 more GB than what Ubuntu sees. The other partition is what Windows XP is running on.

I did find the order confirmation from when I bought the machine but couldn't find a good way to display it in the video. Either the text was too small or the list was too large. The ways of splitting it up I tried were all really janky.

The whole thing including monitor, peripherals, and surge protector cost me $1631.13 back in 2007.

The order does not mention the motherboard at all.

Processor: Intel Core2 Duo Processor E6400 (2.13GHz, 1066 FSB)

Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533 MHz - 2 DIMMS

(I salvaged 2 sticks of RAM out of a computer in a dumpster at a job site. Some internal parts are probably going bad. Ubuntu reads 3.8GB of RAM XP reads only 3GB.)

Video Card: 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

Monitor: 19 inch Ultrasharp 1907FP Digital Flat Panel

HD: 320 GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM) w/DataBurst Cache

Dual optical drives: 16X DVD ROM and 48X CD-RW/DVD Combo

(I unplugged one of the optical drives after it failed.)

Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

Some of the other fun entries on the order form:

“No Floppy Drive Included”

“Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0”

“6 Months of America Online Membership Included”

“Windows Vista Capable”

I had a lot of fun delving into the history of the old Hero Machine. Thanks again for providing this competition and good luck to all the contestants.

-JD

My wonderfully disgraceful pre-built stock rig.

Specs:

4GB DDR4 RAM

Intel i3 Processor (hits a maz of 2.2ghz, and consistantly overheats, causing a lot of programs to crash... Movie Maker managed to survive this time)

500GB HDD Harddrive with about 20GB available

Integrated graphics because case is too tiny and I can't get a card anyways...

Square monitor from Dell (I have no idea what it's called...)

Stock keyboard and mouse

As an aspiring content creator, and future architect, winning this contest would do wonders for helping me out in the hardware department, and hopefully allow me access to more powerful software and tools to help me do what I love!

Here is my entry for the #ROGRigReboot!

Good luck to all who enter!

9 minutes ago, JoshBrannon said:

Here is my entry for the #ROGRigReboot!

Good luck to all who enter!

nice creative video! 

#ROGRigReboot

My little project FrankenDellenstein has been quite the project for my attempt at a gaming rig...it might not be pretty or entirely safe to operate on account of the power supply wires being cut up an taped back together..but the 320gb hard drive I pulled from a dvr I found tossed to the trash and non functional monitor I got for free and fixed works fine..oh did I mention I don't have a vga cord so I had to use an hdmi to dvi connector to make it all work. To top it all off my birthday is September 7th so Winning a Great prize on my birthday would be Amazing!!!!

#ROGRigReboot

One minute isn't a lot of time, so here's a few things I didn't have time to mention:

Specs:

- AMD Athlon II X2 245 @ 2.9 GHz

- Radeon HD 7770 1GB

- 6GB RAM

- 1TB 5400RPM SATA II HDD

There's plenty more details about how crap this thing is, like the power supply isn't screwed in, the peripherals I got from a recycling center, but didn't have time to mention that. Also please excuse my terrible editing!

I built this computer about 7 years ago with the grant money I got for my first year of college. I was able to afford the first semester, but didn't have the money for the second semester. I went back the next year and finished, after realizing that it was probably a bad idea to build a PC instead of go to class. I haven't been able to upgrade this thing because every time I save up to do that, something else comes along to ruin the day (like surgeries without healthcare!).

There's plenty of games I'd love to play, but I can't really play the most popular games right now. I've been through a lot with this rig, but it needs to go.

Ryzen 3 1200

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz

WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB

Asus ROG Strix B350-F

EVGA Supernova 550 G3

Enthoo Pro M Glass

Asus VZ249H

2 JBL LSR305 Bookshelf Speakers

AZIO L70
Corsair Strafe RGB

#ROGRigReboot 

My Compaq Presario has run in the family for 18 year's and was handed down to me. Running the latest and greatest AMD Athlon Thunderbird, and unheard of 512 MB of RAM. Which is more than the motherboard is supposed to support :P. If Nvidia added some driver support, I could finally get some full color on the display! Made in 2000 by Compaq and has original parts except for the Upgraded RAM from 128mb to 518mb and the Nvidia TNT2 to the Geforce 3. I was really surprised one my friend's G502 worked on USB 1.1, as I have to use it without a mouse. I think it's time for an upgrade! Thanks to LTT for doing this contest and Gl to everybody.

#ROGRigReboot

Man it was tough fitting it in 60 seconds but with how many submissions there are that limit is understandable O_o 

I made this sort of last minute, although I was trying to brainstorm how to make an enjoyable video for anyone who watched it and this is my 3rd attempt at it. I even threw some addressable RGB LED strips into my case (that was part of my second attempt which was a 60 second RGB mod) and threw together some scripts to make it all pretty, now I have the best desk toy ever to look at.

Edit: it would be a shame not to include this extra clip anywhere even if it didn't make it into my video, so here it is.

#ROGRigReboot I'll love to build a PC with you guys. :D