*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter
2 minutes ago, Lachfox said:

MY AMAZING yet cringe worthy ENTRY

Does Raspberry counts as a pc? 

#ROGRigReboot

Hardware specifications: 
Amd Athlon XP 2500 "Barton" CPU 
512mb DDR ram
Pny Verto GeForce FX 5600 ultra GPU 128mb 
38gb HDD

All parts are from around 2002-2003

Story: This computer was first built by my uncle around 2002. He used this computer for a couple of years and then he gave it to me. This was my first computer and I grew up using this and playing games on it. My parents got me a laptop (Hp Pavilion g7) in 2011 the specs of which are: 2nd gen dual core intel core i3, 4gb ram, and integrated graphics. 
Unfortunately about six months ago the casing of it fell apart around the left hinge and it interfered with the CPU fan and made a very displeasing noise and and made the laptop really hot (I couldn't put my hand on that part of the laptop for more that a second). That is when this Pc was brought back in business. I am currently using this outdated computer until I have enough money to build my own. Honestly this computer isn't that bad, I reinstalled window xp on it and it's pretty snappy for the most part but I can't edit videos, play any modern games, or even watch any videos with audio because I don't have any speakers for it (they probably got lost when we moved 2 years ago). I am 17 by the way but I will turn 18 by the time winners are selected for this giveaway and I could really use a new Pc.

Games: This computer can run any game that requires 512mb ram and 128mb graphics card, In the video I played John Deere Drive Green. 
I would really like to play Playerunknown Battlegrounds and GTA V. 

This video was shot and edited on my IPhone using imovie.

#ROGRigReboot

Well I have no idea what was going through my head but here's my entry.

Good luck to everyone who entered :D

3 minutes ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

#ROGRigReboot

Well I have no idea what was going through my head but here's my entry.

Good luck to everyone who entered :D

xD was that supposed to be a "when life gives you lemons" thing at the end or was it just random?

Hi worked so hard and did this at the last second I have added a little addition to it for some style points and humor and hope you find it funny,Thanks.

#ROGRigReboot

1 minute ago, Videogame_Master said:

Hi worked so hard and did this at the last second I have added a little addition to it for some style points and humor and hope you find it funny,Thanks.

#ROGRigReboot

LTT #Asus ROG comp_0001.wmv

Can you update the video in youtube?

4 minutes ago, antimattertape said:

xD was that supposed to be a "when life gives you lemons" thing at the end or was it just random?

I realized that i never actually showed the system so i figured I'd use some b-roll i had laying around. xD

Just now, Videogame_Master said:

Do I just upload it to YouTube then link it or if not then how do I do it

I don't think it matters where you post it, as long as it shows up here.

#ROGRigReboot

Here is my submission for the Linus Tech tips and ASUS rug reboot contest.

Original specs of the build
Antec 900 case
Antec earthwatts 650w psu
Asus P5Q Pro Turbo
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @2.2GHz
thermaltake DuOrb Cooler
2 gig ddr2 800 (upgrade to 4 gig at currently)
BFG Tech Nvidia 8800gt
Western Digital 160 gb 7200rpm hardrive (Added a 250 gig and 500 gig from salavages)

This is my entry 

#ROGRigReboot

Sorry I could not do anything fancy my computer can not handle it + I do not have a very good camera (was just using my phone)

Also sorry I am 7 seconds over!

I really want this PC because I want a future in coding, gfx, and video editing. This would be amazing to me. I am a canadian resident.

And of course I want a PC that isn't running 15-30fps on the lowest settings possible that are low end games. I bought skyrim and my pc just crashes! Anyways thank you for looking and here is the specs.

[*SPECS*]

CPU: Intel i7 4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz

RAM: 8GB

HARDDRIVE: 1TB 

That is all I know as it is a laptop.

Here is my #ROGRigReboot submission - 

Hello Everyone, sorry for the weird video. I am an Engineering student, working full-time over the summer to earn money. On my laptop, I have learned and acquired Programming, Web designing, and Photo editing knowledge and I would appreciate being the recipient for this contest so that I could start learning 3D designing and 3D printing, not for gaming. That is because I barely play any games mainly because I like selected games and also because my laptop cannot run them, but I would love to play PUBG with my high school friends. I believe Asus and Linus Tech Tips could help out a college student here with a new Rog, I would be very grateful.

Hardware Specifications
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i3-2370M
Ram: 6.00 GB DDR3
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Storage: 1 TB Seagate

Good Luck to everyone
May the #ROGRigReboot be with you :)  

This is my submission to the challenge 

System specs i7 4790, 8 gb ram, r9 390 and 1tb 7200rpm hdd

#ROGRigReboot

Couple of hours till the entries will be no more, just got done with my vid :)

If i got a new pc, i would be able to play games, and see what all the hype is about them in a true experience,

at home, but I have to say, meeting Linus is a dream come true. For me, it would be like taking a trip to the moon.

This is my so called gaming rig.

Its a joke really.

It is a budget desktop pc, the emachine T3120.

Specs:

Processor:  AMD Sempron 3100 with 1.8 gigahertz. 

Hard drive: storage of 100 Gigabytes. 

Gpu:    nvidia Geforce 6100.

RAM:   512 megabytes DDR SD Ram.

It does have a CD/DVD drive and plenty of usb ports that still all work, so hey, thats a plus :)

Best of luck to all!!

Video may or may not contain high levels of cringe.

Computer.mp4

well I couldn't make a video but I tried. but I have the what is in side my laptop and the games it could play and how and why I got it and why I would love to get an gaming PC. my laptop has an intel corei7-450U cpu at 2.00GHz max speed 2.60 GHz with 6.0 GB DDR3 memory at 1600 MHz and Intel HD Graphics 4400. I tried to do a 3D mark test but couldn't download it so that failed and I only games I can play are Minecraft and roblox but not to its full prudential and so from that conclusions I would not be able to play any games your company uses to bench mark and in some roblox games were theirs driving I could be 0MPH wen the game says I'm going 100MPH and I have the graphics to the lowest setting and have it the only thing running. I got this nice school computer 2 years ago on Christmas because my friend who lives far away told me about Minecraft and so my family got me this to play with him and now me and him have moved from wanting to lightly game to wanting to play gta and other games. so this just wont help me and my family but me and my friend playing better games together and have more fun times when we are apart. this world be a dream come true and the best thing in my life so far. so thanks if you red this and have a grate night day evening or whet ever time it is have a good one.9_9

#ROGRigReboot

#ROGRigReboot

This is my submission.

Good luck to everyone!!!

This is my video. It was really tough to edit it but with patience it was possible.

Thank you!

#ROGRigReboot

Brief specs:
Intel Core i5 2450M 2.5GHz
Intel HD Graphics 3000
6GB of RAM
577GB HDD

#ROGRigReboot

Sorry for the wonky editing. First time and I was trying really hard to not go over the 1 minute mark, while making the deadline. It was all done on my phone to boot.

Games I can a play: I doubt it can even play old games, even though in theory it should. It will freeze playing YouTube videos and even a factory reset hasn't helped. Posts a lot quicker now but I think there's a hardware issue.

I know I'm not the most active member on the forum but I've been a long time watcher/learner. RGB is even a bit a tribute to Scrapyard Wars.

CPU Score: 69

OpenGl: 5.29

599a55ea5fa74_20170818_1727571.thumb.jpg.3ea43732f067c08f653b8899508d6a93.jpg

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

#ROGRigReboot    Here is my entry to the list, this is the first time I made a video for public use, but I tried my hardest on it. Due to  xp and the laptop's connectivity (wifi basically doesn't work anywhere) I couldn't get benchmarks or other software to even use on it (But you can imagine it is what about what a mobile Pentium 4 would be).

Specs: (Also mentioned in the video)

CPU: Pentium 4

RAM: 512MB

GPU:Integrated

Battery: So dead that it will only turn on if it is plugged in always.

Screen: A sweet 4:3 aspect ratio

Now I could have used a PC from the early 90s, that I have at my house but that one is so old that it would be retro and almost cliche. (Note: I do have another computer, but I decided to showcase this one as I legitimately own and use it, especially for xp pinball, again I still use and own this one) I appreciate the opportunity and wish everyone good luck. I hope you enjoy all the writing and small details I snuck in there.

Edit: Darn, forgot to wear socks and sandals until after I filmed this.

While I have been a part of the forums since near the start, I have never had so much work put in for a single post. (I am posting that just for some background, I am not saying that it makes me better than those who aren't active on the forums).

#ROGRigReboot

Thank for letting me participate in the ROG Rig Reboot

The audio of my video didn't work so here is what I said 

Hi Linus this is my submission for ROG Rig Reboot

My system is very old and could use an upgrade. The system was originally built in 2007 by my father. At the time he was working for Intel. After working there for a very long time they closed down the factory and he lost his job. He got another job soon after but he was no longer interested in computers. But I was still hooked I continued to tinker with computers and upgraded the original system with a cpu that I got from school in the E waste bin which was a score. I also upgraded the gpu and psu. After my dad lost interest in computers I started to go on youtube and watch videos about new tech and computer parts. I always dreamed about being able to own these over powered beasts of computer components. Then I stumbled over the Linus Tech Tips youtube channel and all of the content that I was looking for. I started to learn more and more about computers. When I started the build guides I would take apart the computer I had and put it back together again for fun because I had no new components to build with. When I heard about this promotion I got excited because it is an opportunity to have the chance to build with new components and be able to have a computer that can run the games I want to play. This is exciting because my current computer cant run any games because it refuses to run steam or any of the game, it wont even let me download steam.

And the moment you have all been waiting for my computers specs.

CPU: Intel core 2 duo e7500 (upgraded from e6750)

GPU: R7 240 4gb (upgraded from Nvidia gt8550

RAM:4gb of DDR2 Crucial Ballistix Ram)

MOBO: ABIT IP35 pro

Storage 320gb 3.5 inch WD hardrive sata, 160gb 2.5 notebook drive salvaged from broken laptop, 80gb ide drive 

PSU:CX600 non modular (Upgraded from Raidmax 530 watt)

Has a CD drive if anyone still uses those and its black 

And last of all the case is the one featured in the promo's video and if that alone is not enough incentive to give me a gaming rig than what is :) 

I hope I get choses because it would make three of my dreams come true I could me the people who taught me all I know, I could play the games I want and build a sweet gaming rig, and lastly I dream about being able to stream because you cant stream any games on a dual core.

Thanks for taking your time to look at my submission and have a nice day :) 

For the price of one dope AF gaming rig you could help a child be able to crush all the games and achieve the highest frame rates possible, Donate today.

My Build is about 3 &1/2 years old. So it may not be as old as some. But it does have a rather long and epic story. Sadly i can tell it all in 30-60 sec. Hope u all like the video.

https://youtu.be/fX-Ijqh3TUw

FULL CURRENT SPECS

-=[Original Saved Parts]=-
CPU: Intel(R) Core i7-4790
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GXT 760 Ti OEM
    (80% Fail To stay Connected to MB when at Load)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz OEM

============================================================
-=[Replacement Parts]=- (All Original parts are Dead)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 (Replaced Prefab Board)
Storage: WD Blue HHD 1TB 7200RPM (Replaced Same Part.)
Power Supply: Corsair RX850 (Replaced External 250 Watt)
Case: Cooler Master - Storm Styker (Replaced Prefab Case)
    (Keep In Build If Possible)
Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 LED (Replaced Intel Stock Cooler)

============================================================

Free Dell Keyboard (3 Years Old)

Basic Logitech Mouse (Love these little guys, for Basic Use)

ViewSonic 24" Monitor (5 Weeks Old, Last one 7 Year old HP, Back light is Dead)