*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

Build: Intel Core duo 6600 2.4Gz
Corsair 4gs ram
Intel Mobo E210882
EVGA Graphic 570

#ROGRigReboot

Edited by DarkSasuke
OS

So, the reason i want to win this giveaway, is because I WANT TO MEET LINUS

Working in Linus Media Group is my dream job, i have watched Linus for a long time and well, i love it, i mean is not like i watch EVERY video on the history of Linus, but i really like it, i think the first one i saw was the sub zero build guide, i even want to study something to get to work there some day.

Now that i think it i never registered to the Linus Tech Tips page, only watched on youtube (Facepalm)

My PC is an AMD A6 mounted on a Mini ATX gigabyte motherboard, it has 8GB of DDR3 memory and it has a Radeon R7 250 with 1GB of video, the other stuff is no big thing, and my periphals are a CM devastator II kit with the Sennick headphones (Only cause they glow LOL), and the Screen is a LG 24 Inch LG 24M38

I run some games properly, about 30 - 40 FPS, League of Legends Caste Crashers, Super Motherload

I remember the one time i bought The Crew when it was on sale and Rest In Pepperonis, it basically was dead

My favorite game, Saints Row IV runs at 10 - 20 Fps, so i had to play it on a console D:

I wonder if it can run Crysis

Well, if my video is no creative at all, that would be so sad ;-;

Hello Linus :D

#ROGRigReboot

It uses a intel pentium 4 processor 

1.24GB of DDR2 RAM

115/230 watt power supply

No graphics card

128 GB Hard Drive

Disc player with lightscribe ??

Don’t know what the mother board is 

Stock asus heatsink

It barely runs Minecraft and has a very hard time opening internet explorer 

I hope you pick me 

870C1D62-E0CA-40F1-A323-CF73323020F3.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Mike h said:

#ROGRigReboot

It uses a intel pentium 4 processor 

1.24GB of DDR2 RAM

115/230 watt power supply

No graphics card

128 GB Hard Drive

Disc player with lightscribe ??

Don’t know what the mother board is 

Stock asus heatsink

It barely runs Minecraft and has a very hard time opening internet explorer 

I hope you pick me 

870C1D62-E0CA-40F1-A323-CF73323020F3.jpeg

You have to do a video

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

1 hour ago, Creeper_Killer12 said:

I'm not trying to sound rude about it, I just find it ironic. Most of these people created their account solely to enter.

I too made an account to enter, it doesn't make us less of an LMG fan or less deserving. I've been watching the channel for years.

4 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

You have to do a video

He is. He's submitting it one frame at a time for maximum exposure.

#ROGRigReboot

This is my entry for the Rig Reboot Contest. Thanks in advance for you consideration!

I hope it's pretty clear why I need a new rig. This is where I learned Photoshop, but it can barely do that.

This is my #ROGRigReboot entry.

I'm entering because my PC is due for an upgrade and I think I could get the most out of a new computer. I plan on streaming while playing the most demanding games at high settings, editing 4k footage and running graphic/processor intensive application such as 3D modeling software. I plan on getting every last bit of power out of a ROG rig if I'm selected. I know a lot of people have good reasons for needing a new rig but I hope that the fact of how important this computer and experience would be for me is a good enough reason to be one of the three selected. Plus some other reasons like I turn 20 in 4 days! Plus my computer is dying PLS HALP!!!

Full components list

Processor: I5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost)

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LE

RAM: G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1886MHz

Daul Monitors: 24 1080p LCD ASUS monitor

Graphics Card: R9 380 ASUS Strix 4g*

PSU: Rosewill - BRONZE Series - 1000-Watt

2x 500gb SSD 1x 256 SSD 1x 1TB 5600rpm hard drive

Samsung Bluray player (doesn't work right now because lack of sata port)

*Second card in the video is Sapphire R9 285 I bought on eBay for $80 for Crossfire but doesn't work because my board only has a 4x PCIe as the second slot even though it says CrossFireX support on the motherboard >:(. Now my older brothers using it. He's Autistic and can't really afford a new computer either so I'll give him my current computer if I win. I'm not saying that for the sob story angle or anything that's just what I plan to do.

#ROGRigReboot  

I was a frame short of the time limit!

Hello everyone. This is my entry for #ROGRigReboot

It was a struggle to condense everything in 1-minute but hey, it's a creative challenge not a hurdle. I thought the skit would only take up 30s and that I would have 30s to talk over but I was wrong. :P

Key System Specs:

Laptop Model: HP Pavilion dv7-1243cl

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR2

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT

I only tested 2 games, Heroes of the Storm and DotA 2, cuz those are the only ones I have right now. Both Full Screen @ 1080p on lowest settings, I can run both games around 40-50fps but as soon as there are actions on the screen, it drops down to around 6-15fps on HotS and around 20-25fps on DotA 2. I wasn't able to test the likes of CS:GO and Rocketleague because I don't own those games.

With regards to games that I cannot play, basically anything released in the past 4-5 years. Some games I might be able to run, like Tomb Raider (2013) but I'm sure that would run like shit.

Aside from gaming, I also do web design in photoshop and photography-related stuff, and my rig is definitely showing it's age when I'm doing web design work. Basically I cannot run Photoshop and a browser with more than 2 tabs at the same time unless I want a horrible experience (which I still do cuz I need to :p).

If I win, the rig upgrade would be a lot of help especially in terms of level of productivity. Also, that broken laptop screen though.

As a bonus cuz I was bored, this is my laptop crying while I was editing the video.

This is my #ROGRigReboot Entry. Please consider this as I have no current setup only a Phone 0.o

Key Specs:

Who Cares?!?! Its Junk!!

It Runs nothing at all sooo.

Thanks for reading this.

P.S. Sorry the video was a bit over 1 min.

My entry to #ROGRigReboot!!!

Specs:

CPU - Q6700

GPU - 8600GT

RAM - 4x1gb ddr2

#ROGRigReboot

My Entry.

My first video take for my entry into the giveaway.

There are a lot of really good entries here. Chances are slim for me to be one of the lucky 3, but considering I have school coming up again for September and will be doing more resource intensive courses, I could really use a new machine. And well I also have a steam library itching for playing haha. 

Thanks to everyone! 
In the description, there's a link to one of my other video takes. I tried to all of this in one shot since I wont even bother to try editing on my current machines.

#ROGRigReboot

It's pretty bad, lmao, but it's all I could find the time to make since I was dealing with stuff for college.

Good luck to everyone who is entering.

It did require me to delve a little bit into parts of Premiere Pro I haven't messed with before, so that's also a big win for me for familiarizing myself even more with the software, even if I don't win the contest.

took longer to make and encode than i'd like to admit

My PC actually crashed when trying to run CloudGate.

My Entry

My "PC" Specs: i3-5015U (the U mean underachiever)  and 6 Gigs of Chinesium RAM Built by a probable slave worker in Big Rock Candy Mountain and what ever else they threw into this Thotshiba Satalite.

mind you ive never had a gaming rig

Here's my entry video  for #ROGRigReboot

The video quality is bad because I really couldn't add any effects to it.

No color correction and I had to record with my phone. 

https://youtu.be/xARDuCR8Yps

entry

I'm rocking an FX 4350 with a 1050, still not enough to run PUBG. Sad!

Other specs:

8 GB ddr3

1450x900 15" monitor

Stock amd cooler  ? plz Linus and asus, save me

Office keyboard

$7 RGB mouse ??

#ROGRigReboot

Far from perfect, or even good quality but I've learned a thing or two.

Thank you for the opportunity.

specs

I5-4440

1 x 8GB DDR3 ram

1TB HDD

(yup I'm using integrated graphics)

#ROGRigReboot

Here's my plea, thanks for your consideration and the wonderful contest. Good luck to all!