*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

At first I was like: "Yay! The contest I have been waiting for my whole life! I have a terrible Dell Optiplex with a Ati Radeon HD5570 that NEEDS to be replaced!", I then proceeded to read more, and noticed "Age 18 or older", it was at that moment I died a little on the inside... I am too young....? You have to love those disadvantages to being 15!

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X  GPU: Radeon Vega 56  Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk  RAM: 24GB DDR4 Boot Drive: 240GB SSD  Mass Storage: 1TB WD Blue  Case: Enermax Ostrog  PSU: 550W 80+ Bronze  Monitors: 24" 2048x1152 and 18.5" 1600x900  Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma Mouse: MSI Interceptor DS B1Microphone: Blue Snowball  Speakers: Logitech Wired Stereo Speakers  Disk Drive: Blu-ray/DVD Combo Drive

Just now, Lucas123918 said:

At first I was like: "Yay! The contest I have been waiting for my whole life! I have a terrible Dell Optiplex with a Ati Radeon HD5570 that NEEDS to be replaced!", I then proceeded to read more, and noticed "Age 18 or older", it was at that moment I died a little on the inside... I am too young....? You have to love those disadvantages to being 15!

You can be younger but you have to have a parent or guardian

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Just now, ScrappyZeDog said:

You can be younger but you have to have a parent or guardian

Yay! Life is good again! I will proceed to make a video of this "quality" machine!

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X  GPU: Radeon Vega 56  Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk  RAM: 24GB DDR4 Boot Drive: 240GB SSD  Mass Storage: 1TB WD Blue  Case: Enermax Ostrog  PSU: 550W 80+ Bronze  Monitors: 24" 2048x1152 and 18.5" 1600x900  Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma Mouse: MSI Interceptor DS B1Microphone: Blue Snowball  Speakers: Logitech Wired Stereo Speakers  Disk Drive: Blu-ray/DVD Combo Drive

I know I am 13 so I was sad at first but I saw you could be younger

I have a Dell Inspiron bought for $200. It's horrible and slow. You can confirm that this is the only computer I have because in my previous posts, I've complained about it being slow many times, before the competition was even released.

But I wouldn't even come close to winning anyway. Everything boils down to how good your video looks and most of us can't afford to be able to do that, hence our crappy computers.

2 minutes ago, AniJan said:

I have a Dell Inspiron bought for $200. It's horrible and slow. You can confirm that this is the only computer I have because in my previous posts, I've complained about it being slow many times, before the competition was even released.

But I wouldn't even come close to winning anyway. Everything boils down to how good your video looks and most of us can't afford to be able to do that, hence our crappy computers.

Same

1 hour ago, Skraeling said:

#ROGRigReboot

I have two systems that I use a laptop and my desktop, both are kind of relevant for this.  Ill give the specs for my desktop and laptop.

Desktop

Q9450 (2.66ghz quadcore)

4gb ddr2 - 800

GTX 950

a mess of hard drives

Laptop

T9550 @ 2.66GHz

4gb ddr3

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

The desktop can manage games like fallout 4 if i dont run it maxed... or on high... medium sometimes pushes it.  Star citizen on low is unplayable.   The laptop it basically maxes out at playing left for dead 2.  IT cant handle borderlands at all.

The long of it is my friend has had a few rough years lately.  She comes over to play left 4 dead 2 to basically destress and try and forget some of the crap she has had to deal with over the past few years.  Unfortunately my gaming hardware is starting to get long in the tooth even on my desktop (seriously its pushing over 9 years old at this point).  The laptop which I have to use when she comes over... is pretty much unplayable for any game lately.  I want a new system so we can game together.  Heck Id give her the new system if I won.  She knows how to play games, but system building is a bit beyond her, as for me I just cant afford the spare cash to do it having gotten divorced this year.  0/10 would not recommend for anyone.

They're looking for creativity, not some sad story.

6 minutes ago, AniJan said:

Not true, you can download free video editors, you can even edit video from your iPhone or Android. It just takes time plus you can always use your schools computer to edit the videos after you took them. You don't need anything fancy and you don't even need a computer. 

5 minutes ago, nickespy said:

Not true, you can download free video editors, you can even edit video from your iPhone or Android. It just takes time plus you can always use your schools computer to edit the videos after you took them. You don't need anything fancy and you don't even need a computer. 

Most free video editors aren't too good anyway. Sure they can do some okay editing, but that wouldn't stand a chance against submissions.

Just now, AniJan said:

Most free video editors aren't too good anyway. Sure I can do some okay editing, but that wouldn't stand a chance against what's been coming through submissions. 

That's all you need man! :) Or go to your community college, they all have software for this and it's open to the public. Plus most of these are people just talking to their phone and uploading it in 1 take. Any simple editing and you are way ahead. Don't be discouraged bro, you got this! Where there's a will there's a way! 

Just now, nickespy said:

That's all you need man! :) Or go to your community college, they all have software for this and it's open to the public. Plus most of these are people just talking to their phone and uploading it in 1 take. Any simple editing and you are way ahead. Don't be discouraged bro, you got this! Where there's a will there's a way! 

I've got another problem:

Age gap. I'm pretty young. Probably one of the youngest here.

Just now, AniJan said:

Don't worry you can be young you just need a parent or guardian 

Just now, AniJan said:

You dont have to be any age or even a student to walk into a community college computer lab. And its easy to learn adobe premier! (it should be on any school computer) I've never touched that program till last night when i watched a 20 min tutorial video and my submission isnt too bad.

Just now, bran32792 said:

You dont have to be any age or even a student to walk into a community college computer lab. And its easy to learn adobe premier! (it should be on any school computer) I've never touched that program till last night when i watched a 20 min tutorial video and my submission isnt too bad.

Er, I meant that I'm probably too young for the competition.

Here we go. My entry into the rig reboot. This is my first video I've ever filmed, edited and posted.

https://youtu.be/Had3lWeqAVE

#ROGRigReboot You cannot get a worse computer than a Sinclair ZX81 (Timex 1000)

Here is our entry in the #ROGRigReboot contest!

Our Video: 

Our Story: Our names are Alec and Kaitlyn. We are two college students who have absolutely no money to upgrade our gaming PC. It was a hand-me-down computer from my uncle and it has scraped by for the last little while. Not too long ago, our monitor broke so we had to resort to this awful, square Dell monitor from the mid 2000's. This means that we went from playing Skyrim with low settings at 27 FPS to not playing Skyrim at all. We really can't run any games besides Game Boy emulators. If we really want to game, we can hook the PC up to a small television that we have to borrow from the bedroom. With this setup, screen tearing is awful and it often causes games to crash and burn. We NEED an upgrade, especially since we are both starting classes for our majors this coming semester and  will need a PC that can handle 3D modelling and animation as well as our gaming needs. PLEASE help us upgrade our dinosaur!

Our PC's Specs:

CPU - Intel Core i5-661 - 2 cores/4 threads - 3.33 GHz
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 - 1GB
Motherboard - ASUS P7H57D-V EVO

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws - 8GB - DDR3-1333

PSU - EVGA 750W Gold Certified (The only modern thing in the PC)

Case - Thermaltake VJ400G1N2Z

Monitor - Part of Some Dell Pre-Built System from 2005

DISCLAIMER: We obviously do not own the rights to the Jurassic Park movies, but we couldn't resist going with a dinosaur theme!

Desktop 08.17.2017 - 13.47.12.02.png

#ROGRigReboot

This video is an entry for the Asus ROG Rig Reboot contest.
System specs:
AMD FX 8320e at stock
Asrock 970M Pro3 (Cold reboots at random)
MSI 760GMA-P34 (Current Motherboard)
8gb of 1600 Mhz ram by Kingston
Nvidia Geforce 210 (Current GPU. Can't even run wall paper engine...)
AMD R9 270 (Unusable due to screen artifacts and discoloration)
AMD HD 7790 (Unusable due to driver issues, and refusal to boot into any OS)
Some RGB case from 2004 that I had laying around... (Original case)
Cooler Master Centurion 5 case (Current case due to improved aesthetics ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))
2x Dell UltraSharp monitors (1280x1024)

Between 2 dead graphics cards, and a dead motherboard, this computer is a bad omen. Unfortunately I can't afford any upgrades for this machine, hense why I'm here. :P

This rig has been nothing but bad luck, and costly to me. I wish to replace it so I can game again, and be more productive.

Thank you for this opportunity!

Best of luck to all contestants!

HI made this video a few minutes ago from me posting this. I hope i can be one of the three winners youll see why i need a new rig when you see my entry

Here is my submission, 59 seconds long...  #ROGRigReboot 

#ROGRigReboot

LINUS and ROG please this is a cry for help I’ve been running on this Dell dimension e310 (a windows xp computer) ever since I was 5 years old this technology is very outdated I have tried to convince my parents that it is but they don’t believe me, this computer cannot even open Microsoft word properly, on a mark benchmarking test it scored a 17.1 (as seen below) please highly consider this entry and put this outdated technology finally to rest

IMG_1850.thumb.JPG.06aa39e8595f07fb140281625c26ff92.JPGIMG_1847.thumb.JPG.aefa3d156f60b57382744a303c511f43.JPGIMG_1852.thumb.JPG.76a616e5015af45cc7fad897a71fa2f2.JPGIMG_1846.thumb.JPG.1acc5b6ea0538401d6231e201ba651e4.JPGIMG_1853.thumb.JPG.841f517a19df10c713ca1975d9880293.JPG -Thank you ,sincerely one of your viewers

You guys are awesome. I need a computer flat out. I had to borrow my work computer to upload this and that is why I need a computer. I want to start school with my own computer and maybe do some awesome gaming on it. Thanks for the opportunity. -Josh Roth Utah #ROGRigReboot 

Project001_2_.mp4

Here is my video. I have no computer except for the crappy mac I use for schooling that is set up in my living room. I didnt go very in depth on the video so I'm going to do that here. I have an Asus monitor ( I think )... thats it. On a good day the school computer will run Wizard 101. I have a job, but saving up has been a tough road. I know that i could easily get a 500 dollar budget PC, but why settle? Anyway, if you guys could help out a fellow gamer, that would be greatly appreciated... thank you - Wokaboo