*Update 2* OFFICIAL AMD RX Vega - Nano GPU Teased!

goodtofufriday
7 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Thread moved to Graphics Cards as it doesn't meet our Tech News posting requirements.

I mean. Theres literally no information other than that it exist. And I cant call out the source either. Not sure what else I could put. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 minutes ago, dexT said:

According this bench, a lower clocked Vega, maybe the nano, is faster than the 1070 in FS. 

https://videocardz.com/71090/amd-radeon-rx-vega-3dmark-fire-strike-performance

Oooo. Then I guess the question is, how good is the cooler going to be. It's already a huge step above what a 1070 puts out.

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

I mean. Theres literally no information other than that it exist. And I cant call out the source either. Not sure what else I could put. 

Quote SFF https://smallformfactor.net/news/exclusive-fleeting-glance-vega-nano

as your source. Then ask for it to be reinstated. Looks like it should be enough for a news story to me.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Nano! A.K.A. we had to gimp this fucking thing in performance to offer similar TDP to what Nvidia already offers.

-------

Current Rig

-------

15 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Nano! A.K.A. we had to gimp this fucking thing in performance to offer similar TDP to what Nvidia already offers.

Still tearing up the 1070 it appears. Hopefully the Nano is the same Vega 56 price.

3 minutes ago, Humbug said:

the fury nano was even faster than the gtx 980... So let's see.

Looks like it's between a 1070 and 1080.

Update!! Official Vega Nano! Held by Tim Sweeny from Epic

3 minutes ago, dexT said:

Still tearing up the 1070 it appears. Hopefully the Nano is the same Vega 56 price.

You know this how? I've been trying to keep up with the NDA floodgate right now but so far no official numbers yet. I have no doubt they'll be certain AMD darling titles where it might overtake the 1070 but I doubt it will be the majority.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Mmmm I doubt that. This is what I'm comparing it to.

Gigabyte 1070 ITX. Can't insert the pic for some stupid reason.

According to WCCF that's only for the top tier package. The bottom gets games, the second adds motherboard/CPU discount, the third monitor discount. They really fucked up their launch by not live streaming this.

According to GN and others that applies to each card

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

You know this how? I've been trying to keep up with the NDA floodgate right now but so far no official numbers yet. I have no doubt they'll be certain AMD darling titles where it might overtake the 1070 but I doubt it will be the majority.

53 minutes ago, dexT said:

According this bench, a lower clocked Vega, maybe the nano, is faster than the 1070 in FS. 

https://videocardz.com/71090/amd-radeon-rx-vega-3dmark-fire-strike-performance

Could be the Ref 56 or Nano. We have to wait and see even still lol.

1 hour ago, marldorthegreat said:

Dont really want to buy a gpu that will be gimped by nvidia next year. 

Also, have you seen the amd "Package" vega. Comes with a GPU, monitor, cpu and mobo. For only a bit more/

AMD-Radeon-RX-Vega-Pack_1.png

it's doesn't "come with" it gives you a DISCOUNT on those parts.

Just now, dexT said:

Could be the Ref 56 or Nano. We have to wait and see even still lol.

I seriously doubt that's the nano that's likely Vega 56 and the score is better but not good enough to overtake the 1070 in games with an Nvidia advantage which is not an insignificant amount. We're probably talking 5 to 10 extra frames on average for quite more power consumption and noise, probably not worth it.

The exception of Freesync monitor owners still applies of course, so much so that AMD pushes in the SKU level now but regardless conceded on that front at this prices.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

I seriously doubt that's the nano that's likely Vega 56 and the score is better but not good enough to overtake the 1070 in games with an Nvidia advantage which is not an insignificant amount. We're probably talking 5 to 10 extra frames on average for quite more power consumption and noise, probably not worth it.

The exception of Freesync monitor owners still applies of course, so much so that AMD pushes in the SKU level now but regardless conceded on that front at this prices.

I'd like to know for sure, almost traded my 980 for an R9 Nano and always regretted not doing it.

R9 Nano and Fury/X were pretty close perf iirc.

1 minute ago, dexT said:

I'd like to know for sure, almost traded my 980 for an R9 Nano and always regretted not doing it.

R9 Nano and Fury/X were pretty close perf iirc.

I have both. They are not far off. Nano definitely is loud though. 

2 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I have both. They are not far off. Nano definitely is loud though. 

Is it audible at idle?

Just now, dexT said:

Is it audible at idle?

Idle no not at all. But it didnt take a lot for you to be able to hear the coil whine. 

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

Idle no not at all. But it didnt take a lot for you to be able to hear the coil whine. 

Yeah I remember that issue from PCPER.

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Mmmm I doubt that. This is what I'm comparing it to.

Gigabyte 1070 ITX. Can't insert the pic for some stupid reason.

According to WCCF that's only for the top tier package. The bottom gets games, the second adds motherboard/CPU discount, the third monitor discount. They really fucked up their launch by not live streaming this.

Not quite an inch and a half but definitely VERY close to an inch - still way shorter.  The Vega has a few mm on the 1050 tI but is appreciatively shorter than the 1070.  

For example, the way I set up my node 202 the 1070 wouldn't fit but the Vega would.  

597eb17973e7d_download(3).jpg.6df3e1474450e2cee0a4bd00578ecf8f.jpg597eb17a277d0_download(2).jpg.505f27334a1d06148f23e2bcd535a7e1.jpgScreenshot_2017-07-31-00-24-30.thumb.jpg.283a2cea90b337220b514aefe9fa30f9.jpg

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Not quite an inch and a half but definitely VERY close to an inch - still way shorter.  The Vega has a few mm on the 1050 tI but is appreciatively shorter than the 1070.  

For example, the way I set up my node 202 the 1070 wouldn't fit but the Vega would.  

597eb17973e7d_download(3).jpg.6df3e1474450e2cee0a4bd00578ecf8f.jpg597eb17a277d0_download(2).jpg.505f27334a1d06148f23e2bcd535a7e1.jpg

Ooooh, I see, that makes so much more sense. I was looking at the rear of the card only, where the overhang looked a lot bigger, not towards the front of the card. Interesting. I guess I'll wait and see what the performance and heat is like.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

wfcc uses my image

credits sffnetwork as the source.

Did sff steal it first though?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

it's doesn't "come with" it gives you a DISCOUNT on those parts.

Is it available outside US? :(

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

Haha, no. I believe you get discounts on those items, not the items themselves.

It's also a discount on Ryzen 7, which I can't use.

What do you mean gimped? I'm sure they'll perform just as well as they did on launch. i haven't seen 980's take a huge hit.

I think Nvidia Cards aren't gimped on a yearly basis, more like 2 years after release. 

At the launch of the 980 a 780ti performed about the same as a 980

Now it performs like a 960/1050ti

Link:

But on the topic: I might get Vega 64 if I'll get Vega at all, and I assume this will be Vega 56 or something that is even more cut down. Something nice for SFF enthusiasts that don't care about power draw and thermals, which are only few I assume. I think a 1070 might be the better SFF card.

i5 6500 @3.2Ghz, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Mini, 16GB DDR4 @2400Mhz, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Corsair Vengance 650W, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Thermaltake Versa U21, Hyper 103

AOC Agon AG271UG 27" 4k G-Sync, G933, G502, G801