8 digits prize money for the dota2 TI7 champion. minimum $10,000,000

After braking the record for total prize pool in eSports once again, The International 7 has breach the $10M mark for 1st place prize. The competition is organize by Valve themselves. Being a first party event, it allows Valve to crowdfund the price pool through in-game Battle Pass sales. With the sales still going on throughout  the month expect the prize money to grow.

https://www.joindota.com/en/news/57232-8-digits-1st-place-at-ti7-is-now-worth-over-10000000

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

I'll just stick with some shady alleyway CS:GO gambling y'know.

good luck getting that much in cs go, that's like 5000 d-lores fac new

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

good luck getting that much in cs go, that's like 5000 d-lores fac new

Inspect element, elite hacking tools mate.

(Lmao both these posts are jokes).

Valve is so fucking smart. They invested big on the first TI (1M prize alone, and good production value) and now people throw money at them like there is no tomorrow.

Go Liquid!

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

15 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

who actually gets all that money?

The teams who compete. The current prize pool is 23 million (which equates to 100 million in battle pass sales), that gets distributed to all the teams invited to TI.

So, the current distriution is: 

1. 10M
  2. 3.6M
  3. 2.4M
  4. 1.6M
  5. 1M
  6. 1M
  7. 570K
  8. 570K
  9. 340K
  10. 340K
  11. 340K
  12. 340K
  13. 100K
  14. 100K
  15. 100K
  16. 100K
  17. 50K
  18. 50K

http://dota2.prizetrac.kr/international2017

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 hours ago, Stefan1024 said:

The higher the price the hearder the players try to cheat with SW or drugs.

Great!

Not properly handling the 'cheating' problem is a major problem in competitive games in my opinion. Valve is particularly bad (see: CSGO) because of the way the company works. You'll never get rid of it, but you can definitely limit it.

To be fair, this is true in any sport. Just seems a hell of a lot worse in esports since its young and run by people who don't really care/think people are going to cheat as much as they do.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

On 7/30/2017 at 1:28 PM, Stefan1024 said:

The higher the price the hearder the players try to cheat with SW or drugs.

Great!

23 hours ago, Admiral Naismith said:

Not properly handling the 'cheating' problem is a major problem in competitive games in my opinion. Valve is particularly bad (see: CSGO) because of the way the company works. You'll never get rid of it, but you can definitely limit it.

To be fair, this is true in any sport. Just seems a hell of a lot worse in esports since its young and run by people who don't really care/think people are going to cheat as much as they do.

its hard to cheat in a tournament setting where they provide you the computers and they have people monitoring everything and you dont have internet connection

8 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

its hard to cheat in a tournament setting where they provide you the computers and they have people monitoring everything and you dont have internet connection

That's actually not the cheating that's would be an issue in Dota2. Ruri's access to all of the replays is. Dota 2's drafting phase sets most of the game, so knowledge of what a team is going to do is very valuable. 

As to the prize pool, not a big fan of it still being as top-heavy as they have it, but it should be noted. Previous to this tournament, the most money earned in a career from prizes currently sits at $2.8mil USD. ( https://www.esportsearnings.com/players )

Spots 5 through 9 are last year's winners. 1-4 all won TI5, which was 2 years ago, then took 3rd place (last year) with 4 of the 5 players.  Amazingly enough, Universe's top spot isn't in much jeopardy, seeing as he's on a top team and there's only a few in the tournament that could jump him. And of those, a top 4 finish still leaves him ahead.