RYZEN 3 NDA LIFTED

15 minutes ago, Ganz said:

Congrats, YOU found one.  But most when looking for upgrades won't even look.  Stop talking in circles. I said majority of users won't look at used, so why does it matter if you found one or not, no matter how easy.

I too can show a benchmark:
89208.png

There's a couple things to note, the G4560 costs in the neighborhood of $80 at the moment.  That makes the R3 1200 cost about 35% more.  If we look at the two benchmarks the R3 has pretty much 35% on the numbers of this benchmark.  

Yes, the G4560 is an amazing CPU for what it costs, but the R3 competes with Intel's new offerings at that price point which is more than what they've done in the past few years which is why this is so significant.  

That's a pretty biased benchmark. But I mean, it's not like every R3 user is buying it for multithreaded task! /s

I'm not talking in circles, in fact, I'm doing the exact opposite. Sticking to my main argument. You also cannot just say out of thin air the "g4560" now costs 80$. When that's a blatant lie, lmao. The RCP is around 64, it used to be around 54 iirc.

17 minutes ago, jeffery7466 said:

Over-hyped? Possibly.

Flop? I wouldn't go that far. Physical cores is better than threads in this case. And upgradability is strong for AM4 combos. Even you agreed with that.

And yea current games love core performance, so Intel wins there. Though that cannot be said for the future.

And nice find for the i7 2600/k and 1155 mobo.

LMFAO!!! Because people are going to buy an R3 so they can upgrade in the future!? - Why would you spend $130 for an R3, when you can get a R5 1600 for less than 200$ conservatively?

So let's spend 130 for an R3, then upgrade later down the road to an R5 (which is 200$), so that would be a total of 330$ in the end? No, that's not how that works. Or, just spend the $200 for the R5 1600 which blows the R3 out of the water instead and save the 130$?

R3 is a still birth unfortunately.  Absolutely no reason to buy one when G4 pentiums exist with HT, beautiful i7 2600Ks on ebay floating around, etc. 

R5 1600 or bust. That's all AMD has going for it. Let me guess, you're waiting anxiously for vega in a couple days too? Have fun lmao

2 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

LMFAO!!! Because people are going to buy an R3 so they can upgrade in the future!? - Why would you spend $130 for an R3, when you can get a R5 1600 for less than 200$ conservatively?

well they could upgrade to the "R5 2600" (zen+ or zen2 CPU).

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

Well.. you have a point there. But then I would also argue how can someone endure an R3 for that long? And why?

16 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

That's a pretty biased benchmark. But I mean, it's not like every R3 user is buying it for multithreaded task! /s

I'm not talking in circles, in fact, I'm doing the exact opposite. Sticking to my main argument. You also cannot just say out of thin air the "g4560" now costs 80$. When that's a blatant lie, lmao. The RCP is around 64, it used to be around 54 iirc.

-snip-

And the benchmark you provided wasn't biased?  Here's some gaming ones:
89130.png

89161.png

The G4560 DOES in fact cost $80. The cheapest in-stock is $79.89.  Amazon is $82.40 and Newegg is $79.99. Tell me again how it's "out of thin air." Just because it's supposed to cost $64 doesn't mean it does.  The recent GPU shortage has proven that.  

13 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

So let's spend 130 for an R3, then upgrade later down the road to an R5 (which is 200$), so that would be a total of 330$ in the end? No, that's not how that works. Or, just spend the $200 for the R5 1600 which blows the R3 out of the water instead and save the 130$?

R3 is a still birth unfortunately.  Absolutely no reason to buy one when G4 pentiums exist with HT, beautiful i7 2600Ks on ebay floating around, etc. 

R5 1600 or bust. That's all AMD has going for it. Let me guess, you're waiting anxiously for vega in a couple days too? Have fun lmao

11 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

I have a feeling that since the beginning, you are taking positive reasons for buying a R3 combo and Intel criticisms as personal insults. Please refrain from doing so.

Addressing your points, one could get a second hand R5/R7 in the future, as you did with i7 2600, and @The Benjamins' point is also a valid way to go. This addresses your second point also.

Saying that "R5 1600 or bust" seems a bit narrow sighted. Currently for pure gaming builds, I would agree with that, and Intel's lineup would be a better choice. However, for multipurpose builds, R7 lineup are stronger, as they are more versatile, due to their higher core counts, affordable and accessible overclocking, and competitive pricing.

I cannot answer "how people can endure an R3", as I do not see owning a R3 an unpleasant situation, but I would argue that this question would apply better to G4 pentiums and older generation, second hand CPUs which lack upgrade paths.

Everyone on here be showing off their rigs, so here I go:

Spoiler

Main Desktop CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.65 GHz Memory: 2x8GB @ 3200 MHz Graphics: NVIDIA ASUS 1070 MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Storage: NVME M.2 Crucial P1 SSD; SATA Crucial MX500 SSD; Seagate BarraCuda HDD.

Acer Aspire 5755G CPU: Intel i5-2410M @ 2.30GHz Memory: 6GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM Graphics: NVIDIA GT 540M 2GB Storage750GB 2.5" 5400RPM HDD Display15.6" 1366x768

Just now, Ganz said:

And the benchmark you provided wasn't biased?  Here's some gaming ones:
89130.png

89161.png

The G4560 DOES in fact cost $80. The cheapest in-stock is $79.89.  Amazon is $82.40 and Newegg is $79.99. Tell me again how it's "out of thin air." Just because it's supposed to cost $64 doesn't mean it does.  The recent GPU shortage has proven that.  

Well, those do not align with Gamer's Nexus` benchmarks at all... so I have  not seen those. Where are they from?

1 minute ago, jeffery7466 said:

I have a feeling that since the beginning, you are taking positive reasons for buying a R3 combo and Intel criticisms as personal insults. Please refrain from doing so.

Addressing your points, one could get a second hand R5/R7 in the future, as you did with i7 2600, and @The Benjamins' point is also a valid way to go. This addresses your second point also.

Saying that "R5 1600 or bust" seems a bit narrow sighted. Currently for pure gaming builds, I would agree with that, and Intel's lineup would be a better choice. However, for multipurpose builds, R7 lineup are stronger, as they are more versatile, due to their higher core counts, affordable and accessible overclocking, and competitive pricing.

I cannot answer "how people can endure an R3", as I do not see owning a R3 an unpleasant situation, but I would argue that this question would apply better to G4 pentiums and older generation, second hand CPUs which lack upgrade paths.

I have not personally insulted anyone. Please give me a direct link to the exact words / phrases of doing so. I don't flame people here, I argue via facts alone and never attack character. 

It's not narrow minded at all. $200 for the R5 1600 is far better than buying an R3 for $130 (then spending 200$ later to upgrade). That is extremely silly  and no one will really do that imo

4 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

Well, those do not align with Gamer's Nexus` benchmarks at all... so I have  not seen those. Where are they from?

Anandtech:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11658/the-amd-ryzen-3-1300x-ryzen-3-1200-cpu-review

Anandtech's consensus is that the 1200 may not be a solid choice but that the 1300x is definitely not a bad option.

3 minutes ago, Ganz said:

Anandtech's consensus is that the 1200 may not be a solid choice but that the 1300x is definitely not a bad option.

Well that's absolutely bologna, 100%. The 1300x costs more than 2x as much as a g4560. And look at my s/s, definitely not worth that AT ALL.

7 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

I have not personally insulted anyone. Please give me a direct link to the exact words / phrases of doing so. I don't flame people here, I argue via facts alone and never attack character. 

It's not narrow minded at all. $200 for the R5 1600 is far better than buying an R3 for $130 (then spending 200$ later to upgrade). That is extremely silly  and no one will really do that imo

Please read my reply again with care. I did not make any allegations that you have personally insulted anyone. Nor did I state that you are narrow minded, but rather your statement was narrow sighted.

Your opinion that spending on a R5 1600 is more beneficial is agreeable on its own. Though please do take into account that some people might have a tight budget now, but wish to plan for later. And, again, as The Benjamins and I proposed, buying AMD components now will allow for much longer term upgrade paths than what you have proposed. The future second-hand market, as I have stated above, will make it quiet affordable too. You may also say that the R5 1600 is only $70 more than the R3 1300, but keep in mind that to compliment the more powerful R5 1600, better components will be needed to take advantage of it, hence increasing the overall cost.

Spoiler

Main Desktop CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.65 GHz Memory: 2x8GB @ 3200 MHz Graphics: NVIDIA ASUS 1070 MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Storage: NVME M.2 Crucial P1 SSD; SATA Crucial MX500 SSD; Seagate BarraCuda HDD.

Acer Aspire 5755G CPU: Intel i5-2410M @ 2.30GHz Memory: 6GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM Graphics: NVIDIA GT 540M 2GB Storage750GB 2.5" 5400RPM HDD Display15.6" 1366x768

2 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Intel fans will still buy them, and they’re still solid CPUs (better clocks speeds for unlocked ones, better IPC), but Ryzen 3 is a large chunk cheaper, and doesn’t need a special chipset to OC, just B350. Which I’d call mainstream, since I don’t see why A320 exists.

I guess A320 is to ryzen what h110 is to kaby .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, jeffery7466 said:

Please read my reply again with care. I did not make any allegations that you have personally insulted anyone. Nor did I state that you are narrow minded, but rather your statement was narrow sighted.

Your opinion that spending on a R5 1600 is more beneficial is agreeable on its own. Though please do take into account that some people might have a tight budget now, but wish to plan for later. And, again, as The Benjamins and I proposed, buying AMD components now will allow for much longer term upgrade paths than what you have proposed. The future second-hand market, as I have stated above, will make it quiet affordable too. You may also say that the R5 1600 is only $70 more than the R3 1300, but keep in mind that to compliment the more powerful R5 1600, better components will be needed to take advantage of it, hence increasing the overall cost.

You clearly were inferring that I was making personal attacks.

Also, this is assuming CoffeeLake isn't z1/270 compatible. If it is, it'll be Bulldozer 2.0 again vs Ryzen. As CoffeeLake will steam roll everything (as new users won't need to buy a new board). If it's not compatible, you have a point on the upgradeability path

3 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

Also, this is assuming CoffeeLake isn't z1/270 compatible. If it is, it'll be Bulldozer 2.0 again vs Ryzen. As CoffeeLake will steam roll everything (as new users won't need to buy a new board). If it's not compatible, you have a point on the upgradeability path

Future Zen CPUs will be compatible with AM4/B350 as well, so it’s a moot point. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Future Zen CPUs will be compatible with AM4/B350 as well, so it’s a moot point. 

Assuming Zen CPUs will be far better than CoffeLake. We'll wait and see for that one

1 minute ago, Fonzie92 said:

Then I must have not expressed myself properly - for which I apologise.

"I have a feeling that since the beginning, you are taking positive reasons for buying a R3 combo and Intel criticisms as personal insults. Please refrain from doing so"

Here I am stating my feeling that you are taking other forum member's positive arguments for R3, and negative arguments for Intel as personal insults against yourself.

I sincerely hope that CoffeeLake will be backward compatible. It would be a nightmare for AMD, but excellent for the consumer.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, jeffery7466 said:

Then I must have not expressed myself properly - for which I apologise.

"I have a feeling that since the beginning, you are taking positive reasons for buying a R3 combo and Intel criticisms as personal insults. Please refrain from doing so"

Here I am stating my feeling that you are taking other forum member's positive arguments for R3, and negative arguments for Intel as personal insults against yourself.

I sincerely hope that CoffeeLake will be backward compatible. It would be a nightmare for AMD, but excellent for the consumer.

Actually, you're right no need to apologise, I should. I totally misread that

15 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

Assuming Zen CPUs will be far better than CoffeLake. We'll wait and see for that one

Yup. The good 'ole waiting game. Though if Intel wants to keep a good market share, they'll make i3s quad cores and hyper thread i5s, maybe even bump the core count up (Though they'll probs do that with i7s). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Zando Bob said:

Yup. The good 'ole waiting game. Though if Intel wants to keep a good market share, they'll make i3s quad cores and hyper thread i5s, maybe even bump the core count up (Though they'll probs do that with i7s). 

Quad core i3s, HT on i5 and 6c/12t i7s would be the smart thing at least

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

4 hours ago, Fonzie92 said:

Haha. i7 2600k still far better and cheaper. Hilarious. AMD is a mess.

Intel should release the g4560 unlocked variant to put these silly R3s out of their misery 

i7 is much older, so yes, used prices are lower than new R3.

Overclockable LGA1155 motherboards are reare anymore.

An overclockable G4560 would cost more than R3 because Intel.

AMD is far from a mess right now.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

1 minute ago, asand1 said:

i7 is much older, so yes, used prices are lower than new R3.

Overclockable LGA1155 motherboards are reare anymore.

An overclockable G4560 would cost more than R3 because Intel.

AMD is far from a mess right now.

R3 at 130$ + 45 for a cooler to achieve good overclock = 175

Or a g4560 for 60$. comes with a cooler

Pick one. I'd say the R3s are a still birth.

I didn't make this post so people could fight I made it because of the NDA of Ryzen 3 being lifted

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

16 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

Intel should release the g4560 unlocked variant to put these silly R3s out of their misery...

Or a g4560 for 60$. comes with a cooler

Pick one. I'd say the R3s are a still birth.

1 G4560 is no longer $60 due to production cut and gouging.

2 G4560 does not equal G4560"K" which you have proposed, it would cost substantially more.

If you're going to quote someone at least stick to the  topic (G4560"K") at hand.

I myself just bought an i7 2600 PC because like you I can see value in some older hardware, hell just look at the main rig in my signature. But to dog on the R3 with your one single benchmark and outdated MSRP is flawed AF.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

Just now, asand1 said:

1 G4560 is no longer $60 due to production cut and gouging.

2 G4560 does not equal G4560"K" which you have proposed, it would cost substantially more.

If you're going to quote someone at least stick to the  topic (G4560"K") at hand.

I myself just bought an i7 2600 PC because like you I can see value in some older hardware, hell just look at the main rig in my signature. But to dog on the R3 with your one single benchmark and outdated MSRP is flawed AF.

A G4560 doesn't need a K (unlocked), because it basically competes/matches the R3 though.. lol

It's not flawed AF, i'm just showing that R3 is not worth the value for its price. It should have been priced significantly lower.

You'll also need to add 35-45$ as reports are coming in saying the stock cooler blows for overclocking. So that's just even more $ you'd have to spend.

And none of their R3s even beat the i3 7350k, lol. Check Gamer's Nexus` new video. The entire R3 lineup is unfortunately a still birth. See my previous post too

Or, just buy a used i7 2600k for $100 off ebay and do the same thing, and get much more value out of your money.

I can quote whatever I want.  Intel lowered its 7350k because they knew R3 was coming up. 7350k is still ahead price:perf now. Also, just because the availability of a g4560 is low, doesn't mean my point isn't valid. And you don't even need a z270 mobo for the g4560 anyway. Also the g4620 and 4600 can compete too. At a much lower price than R3s

21 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

Comparable 7350k mobo's are more expensive, and the stock cooler and paste can hit 3.9/4.0 on the R3s outside of heavy productivity workloads. With equivalent mobos, and as good or better cooling you're looking at $200+ which is definitely 1600 territory.