RYZEN 3 NDA LIFTED

8 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

A G4560 doesn't need a K (unlocked), because it basically competes/matches the R3 though.. lol

You brought up the idea of an unlocked G4560, not me. I was simply saying Intel would charge more for it than the R3s cost. That is all.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

8 minutes ago, asand1 said:

You brought up the idea of an unlocked G4560, not me. I was simply saying Intel would charge more for it than the R3s cost. That is all.

So you think that a g4560 (60$) to become an unlocked g4560 (would be more than $130?).. I highly doubt that. 

They prob price it around 100.. and it would kill off the R3s for good.

Again, G4560s are NOT $60 anymore.  And you can achieve a fairly moderate overclock on R3s putting them in the realms of higher price to performance than a G4560 at the price they are now ($80)

50 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

So you think that a g4560 (60$) to become an unlocked g4560 (would be more than $130?).. I highly doubt that. 

They prob price it around 100.. and it would kill off the R3s for good.

They'd price it at $160 or something.  But the G4560 has never been $60.  That was the MSRP, but it's always been between $80-90, except for awhile back when there was a shortage and it shot up to $120.

Until AMD releases some APU's, I think Intel will remain king for office builds.  People don't want to buy a discrete GPU just so they can run Chrome.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

They'd price it at $160 or something.  But the G4560 has never been $60.  That was the MSRP, but it's always been between $80-90, except for awhile back when there was a shortage and it shot up to $120.

Until AMD releases some APU's, I think Intel will remain king for office builds.  People don't want to buy a discrete GPU just so they can run Chrome.

I bought the g4560 for 54.99$ like 3 times, lmao.

Just now, Fonzie92 said:

That's interesting.  In the countless times I've recommended it, I've never seen it below $79.99.  What retailer?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

12 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Yup. $129 USD for a 1300X, overclockable quad core. So i5s are probably gonna die soon....

apparently a OC'd 1200 will be exactly like the 1300X, just $20 cheaper.

1 hour ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's interesting.  In the countless times I've recommended it, I've never seen it below $79.99.  What retailer?

2 was from Fry's Online store and one from newegg when it was like on sale

I understand that the price has increased since then as this was a few months ago

but still if someone lurks buildapcsales for a couple days one will pop up

17 hours ago, Fonzie92 said:

Haha. i7 2600k still far better and cheaper. Hilarious. AMD is a mess.

Intel should release the g4560 unlocked variant to put these silly R3s out of their misery 

Could never understand why people want to be an idiot to get attention. It's like something i'd see when i was 12

17 hours ago, Fonzie92 said:

Or, just buy a used i7 2600k for $100 off ebay and do the same thing, and get much more value out of your money.

I can quote whatever I want.  Intel lowered its 7350k because they knew R3 was coming up. 7350k is still ahead price:perf now. Also, just because the availability of a g4560 is low, doesn't mean my point isn't valid. And you don't even need a z270 mobo for the g4560 anyway. Also the g4620 and 4600 can compete too. At a much lower price than R3s

Get much more value for your money buying the best CPU on an old ass platform that can't be upgraded? Also are you blind watch all the reviews the 1200 for 109$ can be OC to 3.8Ghz on the stock cooler and at that the 7100 for 10$ more can't beat it. A used 2600K is a great deal it was a great deal 10 days ago and it is today. BUT we are talking about a new platform with room to grow! Buying into a old platform from the start with DDR3 memory outdated irreverent board with newer products is dumb unless you are getting a great deal. 

2020 the best that platform has is a comparable 109$ processor in 2017. YEAH get that point 

16 hours ago, Fonzie92 said:

That's a pretty biased benchmark. But I mean, it's not like every R3 user is buying it for multithreaded task! /s

I'm not talking in circles, in fact, I'm doing the exact opposite. Sticking to my main argument. You also cannot just say out of thin air the "g4560" now costs 80$. When that's a blatant lie, lmao. The RCP is around 64, it used to be around 54 iirc.

LMFAO!!! Because people are going to buy an R3 so they can upgrade in the future!? - Why would you spend $130 for an R3, when you can get a R5 1600 for less than 200$ conservatively?

So let's spend 130 for an R3, then upgrade later down the road to an R5 (which is 200$), so that would be a total of 330$ in the end? No, that's not how that works. Or, just spend the $200 for the R5 1600 which blows the R3 out of the water instead and save the 130$?

R3 is a still birth unfortunately.  Absolutely no reason to buy one when G4 pentiums exist with HT, beautiful i7 2600Ks on ebay floating around, etc. 

R5 1600 or bust. That's all AMD has going for it. Let me guess, you're waiting anxiously for vega in a couple days too? Have fun lmao

You have to be under 18 or a complete and utter uneducated typical linustechtip fan people upgrade QUITE often to a higher-end CPU in the future. I've been building PC's for a long time and every single damn day i see a post or thread about someone wanting to upgrade their CPU on an old platform many people even here at this site to cheap 2600K over their crappy sandy-bridge I3. 

I see people even wanting to upgrade their crappy FX CPU to a newer FX cpu and arguing that they want to do it instead of using their money in a better way

5 hours ago, Fonzie92 said:

Great can you find me that right now no then forget it irreverent 

I don't respond to users who are insulting / flaming me. Sorry.

That's cause you have nothing to respond too.