Re-Design of Coolers

WuzzyBlubbyFuzzy

So... I was thinking (if somebody already posted this please link me to the thread) if manufacturers like nVidia, AMD, Thermaltake,etc. could redesign their coolers. 

I was thinking of the coolers pushing air UP and not DOWN or LEFT OR RIGHT. Because hot air goes up, ALWAYS. 

And in the case of the graphics cards, the fans are pushing hot air DOWN, making the heat go through the fans again and also through the heatsink.

CPU air coolers could have a push-pull config but instad of having them facin to the side.

Thanks for reading,

Wuzzy.

Most multi-fan graphics cards are pushing up through the heatsink so the air exhausts out the sides. And putting a heatsink on the other side of the card would certainly be an unorthodox move, but I think it would allow more hot air to go directly up and heat-soak the CPU. It's not like the fans are fighting the convection currents anyway...

I  have my bro's nh d14 s et up this way, its not hard.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

8 minutes ago, Rune said:

Give everyone a 600C. Problem solved.

huh, if  I build ATX again that is high on the list

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

34 minutes ago, WuzzyBlubbyFuzzy said:

So... I was thinking (if somebody already posted this please link me to the thread) if manufacturers like nVidia, AMD, Thermaltake,etc. could redesign their coolers. 

I was thinking of the coolers pushing air UP and not DOWN or LEFT OR RIGHT. Because hot air goes up, ALWAYS. 

And in the case of the graphics cards, the fans are pushing hot air DOWN, making the heat go through the fans again and also through the heatsink.

CPU air coolers could have a push-pull config but instad of having them facin to the side.

Thanks for reading,

Wuzzy.

The problem with pushing the air up is that in many chassis do not have top mounted exhaust. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, WuzzyBlubbyFuzzy said:

Thanks for reading,

Wuzzy.

Heated air rises only when there is sufficient cooler (therefore denser) air to take its place. As far as the directionality of the video cards fan... it really doesnt matter the orientation of the card, as long as it has access to cool air.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Hot air going up only matters when there isn't anything moving the air. Inside PC case there always is some fan moving it. Which is why that statement is useless in confined space.

But lets think why it wouldn't work in side case for another reasons. The core isn't always main thing to cool. Many parts like VRM's depends on air moving over them. They don't need much of it or air being that cold. Not compared to what core needs. But they do need air. So if stock style coolers were to push air away from core's, those parts would need more fans and fans closer to them to keep cooling going. So would core if you would be using smaller coolers, like what CPU down-drafts are.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/27/2017 at 1:12 AM, Rune said:

Give everyone a 600C. Problem solved.

LOL

I wish someone would design a case like the asus prebuilt where they used the psu as the exhaust fan at the top and the only intake is from the bottom.

I have a silverstone FT05 running all semi passively (granted huge as heatsink and a 1070 isnt the hottest)... but more or less the same idea

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

6 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

I wish someone would design a case like the asus prebuilt where they used the psu as the exhaust fan at the top and the only intake is from the bottom.

Almost any case pre-2012 and some cheap-o's still have it like that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Almost any case pre-2012 and some cheap-o's still have it like that.

Send some links brother and ill get myself one

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv