AMD Radeon RX Vega 3DMark Fire Strike Performance

LaboonTheWhale

Damn. If those are real, and they price the card well, they'll sell like a god church amirite ecksdee

Looks about right: notice how it's waaay behind the 1080ti. Yes I know that:

1) AMD can squeeze more on further driver revisions

2) Some AMD leaning titles will come closer to match the 1080ti

But my Re: to both would be Nvidia's Re: Volta should be able to quiet down Vega if they really need to, maybe this holiday season maybe next year but they're far too low for being this late into the cycle.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well, dunkow if il get one for Northern Bee, the power draw numbers are a bit to insane 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Where are the crypto mining tests. Recent history says this will affect prices. I remember when amd cards were hot in the bitcoin scene, it made nvidia the preferred choice for gaming.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

But my Re: to both would be Nvidia's Re: Volta should be able to quiet down Vega if they really need to, maybe this holiday season maybe next year but they're far too low for being this late into the cycle.

I honestly can't see Volta launching this year. It's not impossible but i don't think Vega will be enough of a threat to push the launch from my current guess of CES 2018

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

You Dare!! if I were you id put on some armor lol get ready to be stoned! wait what STONED? hmm either way...run!

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

I honestly can't see Volta launching this year. It's not impossible but i don't think Vega will be enough of a threat to push the launch from my current guess of CES 2018

Yep, hence my "if they really need to" qualifier because I don't think they really will need to. Vega will mostly be for people who already purchased a high end Freesync monitor.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Goildzy said:

if I were you id put on some armor lol get ready to be stoned! wait what STONED? hmm either way...run!

Need help?

Clock speeds seem pretty low compared to nvidia's offerings, maybe if they are able to tone them up we might see some significant improvements. We'll have to wait and see.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Poor Vega.

#bettergreen :D 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

This needed to be on the market months ago. I don't really care about >200 USD cards so I'm more looking forward to volta at this point. Whatever replaces the 1050/1050ti (1150 / 1150ti ?) should make a nice upgrade from my RX 460.

Am I the only one who thinks that those numbers are unimpressive? xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

I think that RX vega will be directly targeted at content creators and video editors for the extreme rendering performance. Considering that the fire strike scores for vega are close to the 1080, AMD is really pushing hard for the high end. If AMD accomplishes the right price for vega, than this card could be a strong competitor against the 1080. Go AMD!

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Clock speeds seem pretty low compared to nvidia's offerings, maybe if they are able to tone them up we might see some significant improvements. We'll have to wait and see.

Not that they will necessarily be the same, what kinda core clocks does Polaris reach? The ram speed is probably not a problem as HBM is lower clock wider width to provide the bandwidth, although there may be some hit to latency from that.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Does not meet posting guidelines

and title has 2x tags.. no tags allowed

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that those numbers are unimpressive? xD

When can I finally upgrade!! FFS

Even sitting on a Stix 1080Ti in my shopping basket that's marked down to €789.

New Job starting in 2 weeks means 90% less video/rendering work so no more need for Threadripper/Skylake X soon.

Really tempted to just get a G-Sync panel and that 1080Ti now ;/

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Just now, porina said:

Not that they will necessarily be the same, what kinda core clocks does Polaris reach? The ram speed is probably not a problem as HBM is lower clock wider width to provide the bandwidth, although there may be some hit to latency from that.

Well, it is just speculation (as is most of what has been said up to this point to be honest). However, I think it's safe to assume that if it can go higher with the clock speed its performance will benefit in some way. What I'd like to see if they can't compete with the 1080ti in performance is at least some sort of efficiency and power draw advantage - they don't HAVE to be performance kings at all costs, they just need a compelling product at a compelling price point.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

22 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Thats okay about volta. Amd isnt expected to release their top teir cards until 2018. 

And thats according to their own roadmap. 

AMD-GPU-Growth.jpg

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

When can I finally upgrade!! FFS

Even sitting on a Stix 1080Ti in my shopping basket that's marked down to €789.

New Job starting in 2 weeks means 90% less video/rendering work so no more need for Threadripper/Skylake X soon.

Really tempted to just get a G-Sync panel and that 1080Ti now ;/

If you can afford a 1080 Ti, get it. Vega won't be able to beat it. If you can't afford the 1080 Ti, just get a 1080. Same performance, less than half the power consumption :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

If you can afford a 1080 Ti, get it. Vega won't be able to beat it. If you can't afford the 1080 Ti, just get a 1080. Same performance, less than half the power consumption :D

Haha I spend more on my cats the last 2 months than a 1080Ti would set me back.

Only 5 days, 13 hours, and 5 seconds until Siggraph. Who knows; maybe they were sandbagging; or it's going to be darn cheap.

The 165Hz G-Sync IPS 1440p monitors also look great.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

26 minutes ago, LeinadTM said:

Damn. If those are real, and they price the card well, they'll sell like a god church amirite ecksdee

i doubt this, sir

more than double power consumption of 1080, barely matches performance, 1 year late, user will need to buy a new PSU most likely

vega is a still birth, unfortunately 

I'm not sure if those are scores from max OC on Vega side.

Because GTX 1070 can do 21'000 GPU score in firestrike when overclocked.

So if those 22k score is max that vega can do ... it will need to be priced around 350€ to be worth it.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1. These numbers look pretty underwhelming, you guys have to consider, that the AMD 90 and the Nvidia 80 card usually beat the top of the line card of the previous generation by a pretty good margin. So the 1180 (or however they call it, now that they screwed over their naming scheme) will beat the top end vega by a lot! And even the 1170 probably will. And there is working silicone on team green, so AMD can't really hope to beat Nvidia to the release by a lot.

So AMD would have to make the prices super aggressive to keep up, kinda like they did with the RX series