4 280X'S Mining Rig

DoubleY

So how is the temperature on the GPUs? It seems like having all those cards so close together can't be that good cooling wise.

Way tooooo hot. We had to switch to 2 GPU's (until the bloody PCI risers arrive (which where supposed to be here TODAY!!!!))

Until then, the GPU's are in other systems for now. Once the PCI risers come, I will do an update. Also, We will be moving this to a (more sturdy, less ghetto) shelving unit.

WTH is litecoin mining? Pardon my ignorance

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

WTH is litecoin mining? Pardon my ignorance

Bitcoins smaller brother. It is a lot easier to mine, but isn't worth as much. Litecoin is MUCH MUCH MUCH more profitable than Bitcoin (in my opinion)

telling you right now you aren't going to get that money back in a couple years

I have a funny feeling he might https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=2960&difficulty=1522.6087795&power=1000&energycost=0.15&currency=USD

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Finally, somebody who took the time to actually do the tiny amount of googing to know that this will probably be profitable. 

You could probably live off a few of these rigs at least until you had to upgrade.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

telling you right now you aren't going to get that money back in a couple years

With 4x 280x will make around 1 coin a day which is around $30. Which means he will make it have in about 67 day if he mines 24/7

\

You could probably live off a few of these rigs at least until you had to upgrade.

As much as I would love to live off of it, I don't think that will happen :P The plane is to eventually get 4 rigs, then just stop buying more. (Electricity would become an issue at that point, even with the upgraded wiring I'm getting in the spring

So here we are 5 days past charging me near $1500 and they tell me they are out of stock and my order is voided. Typical. All 7950 and 280x cards or better are completely sold out on online stores in this country and a few others as well.

Ahem...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I'm glad somebody understand that this WILL make money. Everybody else is just calling me stupid. Trust me, I have spent days looking over this, making sure that I'm not screwing myself over with this investment.

However,the increase is not a linear graph due to constant mining and new GPUs released.Maybe you can get back what you used to pay the hardware in 7-8 months or so,but not within 4.

In a pool

You not scared of getting scammed,like admins refusing to give you anything?

However,the increase is not a linear graph due to constant mining and new GPUs released.Maybe you can get back what you used to pay the hardware in 7-8 months or so,but not within 4.

You not scared of getting scammed,like admins refusing to give you anything?

I have already received the money, so I don't think I'm being scammed :P

Good luck making your money back, I wouldn't make the gamble.

I also have an 990FXA-UD3 but I only have room for 3 gou's and I have other heatsinks :o is there a newer version of it ?

EDIT : did u ran the first 2 gpu's in the PCI-e 1x slot ?

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

I read through this thread but see no post mentioning the hash rate, what are you getting out of the rig currently and which pool are you using?

With this rig alone, I get about 2440 KH/s.

• 4 weeks later...

Nicceeee! $2k for a quad 280x is real nice.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Damnit I wish Australia had cheap energy :( 0.8c/kWh? What a steal :(

I don't know my exact rate, but we pay something like 5-10c/kWh

Fucking hate how expensive Australia is, with anything elecitricity/technology related.

This machine wouldn't be profitable at all for Aussies

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Damnit I wish Australia had cheap energy :( 0.8c/kWh? What a steal :(

I don't know my exact rate, but we pay something like 5-10c/kWh

Fucking hate how expensive Australia is, with anything elecitricity/technology related.

This machine wouldn't be profitable at all for Aussies

I think I must have said something wrong. I pay 8c per kWh and it's still profitable. 

I think I must have said something wrong. I pay 8c per kWh and it's still profitable. 

Sorry, you've said 0.08c/kWh, then you corrected it with 0.8c/kWh

I'm a bit confused :P Though I still stand by my statement that Aussie energy costs an arm and leg if you're a heavy PC user. ^_^

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Sorry, you've said 0.08c/kWh, then you corrected it with 0.8c/kWh

I'm a bit confused :P Though I still stand by my statement that Aussie energy costs an arm and leg if you're a heavy PC user. ^_^

8 cents per kWh. I'm confused with my numbers here out of my mind.

Im curious, after a month what are your earnings?

Im curious, after a month what are your earnings?

Earning a net $1500 per month as of the current prices of LTC.