4 280X'S Mining Rig

DoubleY

Hello all! This will be my first attempt at a build log, so don't kill me if I do something wrong :P

Here is a screen shot of what will be in the build: 

ypPZ2Tv.png

Also, PCI-E powered risers will be here on Friday, so that part will be delayed a little bit.

This machine will be used for LITECOINS. DON'T TALK ABOUT ASIC.

Will post more pics once the build starts :D

Let me know if you want to know anything else :)

First 280X showed up. More packages should show up soon.

35JBSCW.jpg

More stuff arrived :D

hG9Nvmb.jpg

Alright, the build is complete! The PCI-E risers didn't arrive today like they should have, so only 3 cards for now. More cards will be added when the rises come :D 

Here are some picture- Yes, I know it is Ghetto. But, don't hate :P It's a first build!

fJ6mjig.jpg

TwwyVk1.jpgx6gVaQ0.jpgMfejLSO.jpgwGX6DXs.jpg

More pictures to come when it's online and running :D

Why did you get that RAM? You can do a decent gaming rig with this.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

you dont need an "quad" core cpu or hyper212

you dont need ssd just get a cheap hdd

also why in the world you needed to get 1600w psu? 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

telling you right now you aren't going to get that money back in a couple years

For the hardware? Probably not. But, I did the math. This will pay itself off in 4 months if the difficulty increases at the same rate, and assuming the price doesn't change.

Why did you get that RAM? You can do a decent gaming rig with this.

This will NOT be a gaming rig. When I bought this, I told myself this is like an investment. I don't want to do anything on this PC except mine.

you dont need an "quad" core cpu or hyper212

you dont need ssd just get a cheap hdd

also why in the world you needed to get 1600w psu? 

People say that having 4 gpu's will fry the CPU if you have the stock cooler.

If the machine goes down, I need to get it up and runnning FAST. Plus, it was an extra $10 for the SSD.

1600watt psu is because I plan to use this PSU for multiple rigs. Eventually, when this rig pays for itself, I will buy another, and use the excess power to maybe power 1 MAYBE 2 more gpu's (probably not an extra 2)

And this is why you come to forums before you buy.

Please, explain. I have done all of the research. I have POSTED THIS BUILD IN THE BITCOIN SECTION AND THEY SAID IT WAS FINE.

Please, explain. I have done all of the research. I have POSTED THIS BUILD IN THE BITCOIN SECTION AND THEY SAID IT WAS FINE.

nevermind, i was reffering to PSU, fixed :)

now ssd it can fail

you dont need quad core

For the hardware? Probably not. But, I did the math. This will pay itself off in 4 months if the difficulty increases at the same right, and assuming the price doesn't change.

This will NOT be a gaming rig. When I bought this, I told myself this is like an investment. I don't want to do anything on this PC except mine.

People say that having 4 gpu's will fry the CPU if you have the stock cooler.

If the machine goes down, I need to get it up and runnning FAST. Plus, it was an extra $10 for the SSD.

1600watt psu is because I plan to use this PSU for multiple rigs. Eventually, when this rig pays for itself, I will buy another, and use the excess power to maybe power 1 MAYBE 2 more gpu's (probably not an extra 2)

you know you can only power 1 24 pin cable out of the box unless you do some modding

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

nevermind, i was reffering to PSU, fixed :)

now ssd it can fail

you dont need quad core

Oops. My bad. I wanted to use this psu for potentially more cards in the future.

Probably don't NEED an SSD, but God, they're SO nice! Plus, it was an extra $10. Not bad

Probably don't need a quad core either.

Sorry if I seemed like an ass :P

you know you can only power 1 24 pin cable out of the box unless you do some modding

But, this PSU has the capability to power 6 GPU's (assuming they weren't power whores) based on the ports on the interface

But, this PSU has the capability to power 6 GPU's (assuming they weren't power whores) based on the ports on the interface

G1600%20photo-4.jpg

you do realize it has only 1 motherboard 24pin output right?

G1600%20photo-4.jpg

you do realize it has only 1 motherboard 24pin output right?

Yes. You do realise I'm talking about powering more GPU's, not Motherboards

Seems fine indeed.

The SSD will be pretty useless in a mining rig though. Just get a small HDD.

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

I love the rig but its a bit of an overkill, and you wont get an income worth it for the electric costs at 1600 watts

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Well this is something different. Looks cool :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I love the rig but its a bit of an overkill, and you wont get an income worth it for the electric costs at 1600 watts

Where I live, power is .08 cents per KW/h. So, it costs about $100 per month to run this machine at 1200 watts (I'm not using all 1600... yet). And this machine mines 2 Litecoins per day (as of todays difficulty) so, that's 60 LTC per month, and at prices right now, ($30.35 per coin) that's $1821 per month before power. about $1700 after electrciity.

wow power is cheep your side of the world!! hope it goes great

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

wow power is cheep your side of the world!! hope it goes great

Me too!

Wow, that is sick! Today i planed my switch from my gtx 770 to a R9 280X for the exact same reason. But your budget is pretty sick. :D

From the current perspective this rig should earn you around 1200$ a month minus cost for electricity, at least $1000 though. Looks pretty sick! :D

Edit: it should pay off after maximum 2.5 months.

who cares...

thiss rig will not pay for itself you will most likly pay more for power than it generates .

if you wont bitcoins/lightcoin get a dedicated box not a computer.

Forum Links - COC I FAQ I

so can you sell your litecoin for cash in the bank then?

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

thiss rig will not pay for itself you will most likly pay more for power than it generates .

if you wont bitcoins/lightcoin get a dedicated box not a computer.

Read earlier posts. I have already explained that this will make money.