4 280X'S Mining Rig

DoubleY

so can you sell your litecoin for cash in the bank then?

Kind of. You sell LTC to other people, they give you cash, which you can transfer to paypal or some other online Merchant. 

Wow, that is sick! Today i planed my switch from my gtx 770 to a R9 280X for the exact same reason. But your budget is pretty sick. :D

From the current perspective this rig should earn you around 1200$ a month minus cost for electricity, at least $1000 though. Looks pretty sick! :D

Edit: it should pay off after maximum 2.5 months.

I'm glad somebody understand that this WILL make money. Everybody else is just calling me stupid. Trust me, I have spent days looking over this, making sure that I'm not screwing myself over with this investment. 

Looks like a good rig

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

you gonna make custom case?

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

cool so there is no grantee people will buy off you? I would get at max 4 of these babys when it has got you enough money for it :D make a living of em lol

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

you gonna make custom case?

Yes. I have an idea in mind. It will be mostly an open air case.

cool so there is no grantee people will buy off you? I would get at max 4 of these babys when it has got you enough money for it :D make a living of em lol

at the beggining alot of profit yes. if you gonna go in, go in now :P 

how hard does become to mine over time? there is so much interest in litecoin right now, at least with people that have amd gpus.

at the beggining alot of profit yes. if you gonna go in, go in now :P

how hard does become to mine over time? there is so much interest in litecoin right now, at least with people that have amd gpus.

It all depends. 

how many BITCOINS per week would this mine?

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

I am not sure. All I know is that it does good with litecoins :D

how have you worked this out before it Is built?

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

how have you worked this out before it Is built?

Yes. It should pay for it self in a little over 2 months. I think :P

-snip-

You'll actually make it back in a month if the price stays the same and the difficulty increases like this.

about two per month.

Yes. It should pay for it self in a little over 2 months. I think :P

I understand this I asked "how did you work it out" guessing, program? as I am intrested myself

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

aha so bitcoins aand litecoins are both as efficient as each other as bitcoins are about £700 eack so that's $850 ish $1700 per month ish then electric bills on top of that so hmm it something I might consider.

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

aha so bitcoins aand litecoins are both as efficient as each other as bitcoins are about £700 eack so that's $850 ish $1700 per month ish then electric bills on top of that so hmm it something I might consider.

i meant that you will get enough litecoins to be able to buy 2 bitcoins a month, they are usually pretty tied to eachtoher economicly (when bitcoin goes up, so does litecoins)

ahh okay thanks mate

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

I did some reaserch on bitcoin and litecoin butI don't really get it ... so you pc works and you get bitcoins but where can you pay with them and if you want to trade them in for $ how long does it take's ? thx

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Run that thing for a while and you could get some major profit! The idea of coin mining interests me, but I don't have enough money to get a rig that would profit at all. Maybe I could collect a bunch of old PCs no one wants, run them together, and that could make money! Good luck on your  build!

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

I'm glad somebody understand that this WILL make money. Everybody else is just calling me stupid. Trust me, I have spent days looking over this, making sure that I'm not screwing myself over with this investment. 

I have looked into that market so much lateley. :D

But the market is changing so fast. maybe mining is inefficient in 1 month from now.

I view it as a chance to pay off the cost of my hardware. I'll try to add a 2nd card later, pay that off, get a new PSU, pay that off. Until mining get's inefficient because of electricity cost. (at least for me)

In the end you maybe didn't make any moiney but you have a big pile of hardware that's pricy.

who cares...

I'm the same boat as you, DoubleYGamer. I know I'm late to the party but I think we have a very good chance of making our $ back and then some.

But, christ, what a day. I watched in horror as my credit card company's fraud protection decided to 'play it safe' and hold my order of 4x powercolor 7950s at only $180 each. By the time I had called them, my transaction was completely voided and they were sold out in like 15 minutes, no way for me to reorder. My next option was 2x 7950s at $270 and 2x 7950s at $300. Fraud protection strikes again, and once again, both were sold out. Now the 7950 were all $350. So I said screw it I'll just deal with a little extra heat and went 280xs:

• (4x) MSI R9 280X GAMING 3G Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
  • MSI Z77A-G45 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
  • Rosewill LIGHTNING-1300 1300W Continuous @ 50°C, Intel Haswell Ready, 80 PLUS GOLD, ATX12V v2.31 & EPS12V v2.92
  • Intel Celeron G1630 Ivy Bridge 2.8GHz LGA 1155 55W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80637G1630
  • SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

Alright this looks freaking awesome! Love the parts! Now I am really interested in bitcoin mining but i have no idea where to start. I am a newbie on it. If you guys could point me in a direction to find out how to start, and how mining works, that would be amazing! Links really help! 

Next pictures coming tomorrow around 3:00 Central Standard Time

Sorry for the wait.

A litecoin mining machine isn't something you see every day, so I can't wait to see some pictures. Something I have to ask though, are you sure that is 0.08 cents per KW/h and not 8 cents? That just seems excessively cheap.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log