*Update* OnePlus5 reboots when dialing 911

goodtofufriday
2 hours ago, Sauron said:

I love how he tried to call 911 just for a test... I'm pretty sure he could have been arrested if the call went through.

If he connected, a simple explanation that the phone failed to call 911 earlier would get him out of trouble, Worst case scenario they would dispatch an officer and he'd have to explain in person and would be easily sorted.

It very rare to get changed for the one non-emergency. Normally takes having a history of non-emergency calls before you get charged.

Source: I had a Blackberry 8120 some years ago that kept calling 911 (The emergency call option kept getting selected by being in my pocket) on it's own.

1 minute ago, normpearii said:

If he connected, a simple explanation that the phone failed to call 911 earlier would get him out of trouble, Worst case scenario they would dispatch an officer and he'd have to explain in person and would be easily sorted.

Simple explanation would have not gotten him out of it. If you say I was just calling to test they can def fine you if not charge you and will not hesitate to. Some cities have people on hold waiting to reach through to 911 and that is a spot that someone with an actual emergency could of got. 

2 hours ago, Qub3d said:

I've owned the OnePlus One, the OnePlus X, and the OnePlus 3T. My roommate owns the OnePlus 2.

My list, from best to worst, is:

1. OnePlus 3T
  2. OnePlus X
  3. OnePlus One
  4. OnePlus 2

Currently, I'd put the 5 between the X and the One. From everything I've seen, the only major upgrades are a thinner body and a better camera.

While I support OP's decision to keep lower-res displays in the past; as mobile VR becomes a thing I personally have a reason to want High DPI displays now. I tried the Gear VR and actually found it to be pretty fun.

Combining this really mediocre spec bump with the weird issues coming out of the woodwork, and my next phone may be a Pixel 2.

got the OP2, think my battery has crapped out on me. havent had a full charge in like two months, chargeing it is INCREDABLY slow and sometimes just stopes or slows to the point where i can activate battery saver WHILE CHAREGEING! idk what to do tbh. every time i try to sign up for their forum from my phone there is some error or i dont get the email or whatever(no, its not in spam). they removed sevral nice features with one of the first software updates too, that was a happy surprise to say the least. atleast the specs and general experience of it is pretty decent.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Simple explanation would have not gotten him out of it. If you say I was just calling to test they can def fine you if not charge you and will not hesitate to. Some cities have people on hold waiting to reach through to 911 and that is a spot that someone with an actual emergency could of got. 

I have had 4 unintended 911 calls in the US and 1 in Canada.

As long as you talk to the dispatch and follow instructions, wait for the officer and explain what happened. You'll be fine.

In the instance in Canada I was asked to take the battery out when not making a call.

14 minutes ago, normpearii said:

It very rare to get changed for the one non-emergency. Normally takes having a history of non-emergency calls before you get charged.

Source: I had a Blackberry 8120 some years ago that kept calling 911 (The emergency call option kept getting selected by being in my pocket) on it's own.

Still, it's not a good idea. And in your case it wasn't your fault, whereas he intentionally test called them, which clogs up potentially crucial lines.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Maybe it's a sign that they need to call 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3 instead.

Spoiler

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It's still an amazing phone. This is an issue that can be easily and quickly fixed via a software update. I wouldn't worry about it.

COMIC SANS

Semi slight update added ti the UP. But no word from one plus yet.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

On 07/18/2017 at 1:49 PM, Mr.Meerkat said:

EU for the win! I mean a lot of countries in the EU (and the rest of the world) has 112 alongside their national emergency number so... :P 

112 is forwarded automatically to 911 in the USA on GSM networks (i.e. mobile phone networks).

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

15 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

112 is forwarded automatically to 911 in the USA on GSM networks (i.e. mobile phone networks).

But not all networks are GSM here!

I used to be quite active here.

This is what happens when it comes to budget phones.

Speaking of 'budget', hasn't OnePlus prices steadily been increasing over the years? You'd think their quality control issues would be solved for the extra money they're asking.

Bush did One Plus One ,  9/11 Won't buy again .

Details separate people.

My decision to buy the OnePlus 3T black edition, and not hold out for the 5 is looking better and better by the day.

Makes you wonder if anyone died because their phone refused to call 911...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 07/18/2017 at 1:38 PM, Bouzoo said:

Good thing it's 112 in my country. Curious to see if it's for all emergency services. 

112 works in any country iirc

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

112 works in any country iirc

Apparently not in all if we're to believe wiki, starting from Japan. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

6 hours ago, Murdoch said:

My decision to buy the OnePlus 3T black edition, and not hold out for the 5 is looking better and better by the day.

inb4 One+ goes radio silent on the Android O upgrade for the 3/3T like they did with the "promised" Nougat update to the 2

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>