The courier company LOST my GTX 1080!

So I saved up for what seems like an eternity and finally had enough to build my first PC.

I ordered an ASUS 27" 1440p Gsync monitor, and ordered a 1080 to drive this badass monitor.

I ordered parts from different websites to get the best prices, and everything else arrived last week and this week.

I built the PC yesterday, leaving only the GPU to add to it when it arrived today. No sign of the GPU! And according to the courier tracking, it was still at the national depot. I live in Ireland so the depot is in Athlone in the middle of the country, and is then transported to a regional depot before delivery.

I called them this morning, and they said it had been transported to the regional depot and had just not been scanned yet. I should receive it today.

They gave me the number of the regional depot which I called. They said they didn't have it, and that all the parcels they were due to get were out on delivery. They gave me the delivery driver's number just in case, and he didn't have it.
I called the first number again (customer services), and explained the whole situation, and they have confirmed that the parcel is lost and will conduct an internal search for it. They took a description of the GPU box and it's value from me...€650!
They said they will call me as soon as they know anything.

I am so pissed off!!! I called them again this afternoon to follow up and here they tell me it could take 5 days to conduct the search!!!! Now it's the weekend too so it's going to be another week...

More than likely the GPU has been stolen. Things like this just don't go missing...

It came from the Czech Republic but it definitely arrived in Ireland because it was scanned.

So it's going to take 5 days for the search, I'll probably need to get another GPU - so they will need to claim off their insurance, order another GPU (if they are in stock!!!!! - they are hard to get atm...) wait for that to arrive. Install everything. Download Battlegrounds over several days because my ISP has a 20GB per day download limit (I have no choice because of where I live).

Then.....THEN...I will be happy.

Fun thats why I buy from reputable source except that one pair of Bluetooth head phones for 1 cent but I knew it was a scam I was wondering if I would get them

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Why did you describe the GPU box?

Usually stores ship your hardware inside a cardboard box with padding, not in the retail box with nothing else...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Usually stores ship your hardware inside a cardboard box with padding, not in the retail box with nothing else...

They asked me to describe it so they could conduct the search. I said it could be inside another cardboard box lol

- GTX 1080 (not Ti) for €650? Have you bought it from overpriced Alza?

- I ordered Sennheiser HD650s from Amazon UK to my friend in Czech Republic and they also got lost by courier on its way there. Amazon was kind enough and sent another ones. It just took a LOT longer.

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It also means that If they find any lost packages, they can open them and check the contents. Or if the packaged was damaged and the contents removed to be repackaged or w/e crap they get up to, they know what he's missing (obviously if they find a random GTX 1080 in their system they're not just going to give it to him, but it would help them trace his down). 

So yeh, why do you have some issue with him describing the box lmao

6 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Fun thats why I buy from reputable source except that one pair of Bluetooth head phones for 1 cent but I knew it was a scam I was wondering if I would get them

I bought from a reputable source. I also contacted their customer service so they are aware of it as they would be the ones making the insurance claim if it comes to that. The same courier company delivered several other parts last Friday and they were actually the fastest courier to deliver any of the parts!

Just now, Grandad said:

I bought from a reputable source. I also contacted their customer service so they are aware of it as they would be the ones making the insurance claim if it comes to that. The same courier company delivered several other parts last Friday and they were actually the fastest courier to deliver any of the parts!

Huh so one of the employee's had to take it then ask them if they had anyone quit within the time frame you ordered it

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Hopefully this doesn't happen to the RMA'd H115i replacement I'm getting from Corsair. It's coming all the way from Cali to Michigan so I'm a bit on edge. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

@Grandad The same happened to me literally yesterday with a 1080Ti... But mine was not lost, it was stolen... So I contacted Newegg and they asked for a police report and they will most likely send a replacement.

Edited by Fourmi_Killer
Details

i ordered a RAM kit a few weeks ago via Newegg for my ryzen setup, but when i was tracking it it didn't leave a location for several days. i called a trace and they said it was missing and conducting an investigation. i hit up Newegg and also conducted an investigation. now with 2 investigations i felt it was pretty much a national search for a fugitive. it couldn't possibly take long... took 7 days until they found it. add onto another 3-5 days, and i waited a darn long time. 

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

- GTX 1080 (not Ti) for €650? Have you bought it from overpriced Alza?

- I ordered Sennheiser HD650s from Amazon UK to my friend in Czech Republic and they also got lost by courier on its way there. Amazon was kind enough and sent another ones. It just took a LOT longer.

Yeah it was Alza. They were the only company to have EVGA FTW2's in stock. I originally ordered an ASUS Strix 1080 from a different company but they called me the next day to say the OC version I ordered wasn't in stock and had no ETA on when they would get one. So I went for the FTW2.

3 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Hopefully this doesn't happen to the RMA'd H115i replacement I'm getting from Corsair. It's coming all the way from Cali to Michigan so I'm a bit on edge. :P

My monitor and power supply both came from Cali to Ireland so it should be ok!

NOTE: Never order from Newegg if you live in Ireland! Had to pay €200 import tax, and they came with US plugs too!

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Yeah it was Alza. They were the only company to have EVGA FTW2's in stock. I originally ordered an ASUS Strix 1080 from a different company but they called me the next day to say the OC version I ordered wasn't in stock and had no ETA on when they would get one. So I went for the FTW2.

my friend ordered from them and had no issues, they even held a card for her due to payment issues

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

3 minutes ago, GamingMemeKing said:

Which website did you buy from?

Who was the courier?

Bought from Alza, courier was DPD

Just now, Grandad said:

NOTE: Never order from Newegg if you live in Ireland! Had to pay €200 import tax, and they came with US plugs too!

thats because newegg is an AMERICAN company

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

3 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

my friend ordered from them and had no issues, they even held a card for her due to payment issues

I buy from them often but I must compare the prices with other retailers as Alza likes to claim to have items on sale while being often a lot more expensive than other stores.

Customer support when dealing with them personally is good but I only had bad experiences over the phone.

They deliver really fast.

14 minutes ago, Grandad said:

WTF.... that sucks lol Why is the import tax so much?

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

jesusfuckingchrist

Assuming my guestimate isn't off, that's like 230 US smackeroos which is just... Holy ass.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

As long as you paid via paypal...You can't go wrong with paypal...

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

21 minutes ago, Kirito24 said:

WTF.... that sucks lol Why is the import tax so much?

Well he's importing a product from overseas. So of course he's paying import tax.

I would have to pay import tax too if I bought something from Europe. The main difference is tax rates and what types of taxes get applied.

Eg: If I buy something from the US, I only pay sales tax. If I buy something from overseas, I have to pay import fees on top of sales tax.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Well he's importing a product from overseas. So of course he's paying import tax.

I would have to pay import tax too if I bought something from Europe. The main difference is tax rates and what types of taxes get applied.

Eg: If I buy something from the US, I only pay sales tax. If I buy something from overseas, I have to pay import fees on top of sales tax.

I get that lol. Just surprised at how much it was.

1 minute ago, Kirito24 said:

I get that lol. Just surprised at how much it was.

Yeah well, a lot of European countries have very high import taxes lol

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)