The courier company LOST my GTX 1080!

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Sounds like the US's postal system, minus the part where they actually give a fuck

My current CPU was lost in the mail for like three weeks, the seller even gave me a refund and said don't worry about it.

I get a call from my post office (I gave them my number for a follow-up):

"Hi, we are so sorry for the delay, the box was on top of a shelf and we just found it."

Well then. Free CPU.

The box had $500 shipping insurance, honestly I'd rather have the $500 than the CPU since it was only $95 ($50, now, same seller)/

I don't have a solution to your GPU issue, but I say that you should buy any GPU from the store, the cheapest one you can, throw it in your rig for a little bit just to download your games until your 1080 can be recovered. 

And when exactly did you order that GPU? If it's anything like shipping in Canada/US, it's likely that the package is either sitting in a truck or that it wasn't actually shipped and the company you ordered it from simply printed the shipping slip for it, waiting for pickup by the courier, which can take a day or two sometimes.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

And when exactly did you order that GPU? If it's anything like shipping in Canada/US, it's likely that the package is either sitting in a truck or that it wasn't actually shipped and the company you ordered it from simply printed the shipping slip for it, waiting for pickup by the courier, which can take a day or two sometimes.

The GPU arrived in Ireland on Wednesday night. It came from Czech Republic. It was scanned in Ireland.

Wow, such a dilemma huh. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

12 hours ago, Grandad said:

So I saved up for what seems like an eternity and finally had enough to build my first PC.

I ordered an ASUS 27" 1440p Gsync monitor, and ordered a 1080 to drive this badass monitor.

I ordered parts from different websites to get the best prices, and everything else arrived last week and this week.

I built the PC yesterday, leaving only the GPU to add to it when it arrived today. No sign of the GPU! And according to the courier tracking, it was still at the national depot. I live in Ireland so the depot is in Athlone in the middle of the country, and is then transported to a regional depot before delivery.

I called them this morning, and they said it had been transported to the regional depot and had just not been scanned yet. I should receive it today.

They gave me the number of the regional depot which I called. They said they didn't have it, and that all the parcels they were due to get were out on delivery. They gave me the delivery driver's number just in case, and he didn't have it.
I called the first number again (customer services), and explained the whole situation, and they have confirmed that the parcel is lost and will conduct an internal search for it. They took a description of the GPU box and it's value from me...€650!
They said they will call me as soon as they know anything.

I am so pissed off!!! I called them again this afternoon to follow up and here they tell me it could take 5 days to conduct the search!!!! Now it's the weekend too so it's going to be another week...

More than likely the GPU has been stolen. Things like this just don't go missing...

It came from the Czech Republic but it definitely arrived in Ireland because it was scanned.

So it's going to take 5 days for the search, I'll probably need to get another GPU - so they will need to claim off their insurance, order another GPU (if they are in stock!!!!! - they are hard to get atm...) wait for that to arrive. Install everything. Download Battlegrounds over several days because my ISP has a 20GB per day download limit (I have no choice because of where I live).

Then.....THEN...I will be happy.

Doesn't your CPU have a iGPU? If so just use that to set up everything. But it sucks I hope they fix it quickly

13 hours ago, Grandad said:

More than likely the GPU has been stolen. Things like this just don't go missing...

It came from the Czech Republic but it definitely arrived in Ireland because it was scanned.

Hey man, which shop in czech republic? I hope it wasnt Alza, they are the biggest motherfuckers in my country. . .

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM