Girlfriends

chimmychunger

-snip-

How do u propose to someone online? How are you going to get married if she lives in a different country? :S 

Not judging just curious.

Same, except she is 19, I 21 and we aren't planning to marry just yet but maybe in 10 years :P

Also met in WoW(which I don't play anymore)

10 years is a long time!!

Not judging just curious.

Well I am judging and I think it's stupid.

Judging by his post they barely know each other, and they live in different countries by the sounds of it.

You shouldn't be thinking of marriage (which has great implications) if you haven't even met each other face to face, and only know each other for a few months or so.

Have a long distance, Internet relationship if you want but come on... Marriage?

Judging by his post they barely know each other, and they live in different countries by the sounds of it.

You shouldn't be thinking of marriage (which has great implications) if you haven't even met each other face to face, and only know each other for a few months or so.

Have a long distance, Internet relationship if you want but come on... Marriage?

As someone in a online relationship this does not make much sense to me whatsoever as well.

To be honest.

Just enjoy the moment OP if that person makes you happy , don't rush it like that.

You will run it.

I personally hate thinking ahead of the time like that.

(I quoted your post but i am not directing my advice at you sorry , lazy to quote the oiginal person)

Nah it works just fine. (if you have met I mean)

I have met my Gf face to face and will do so many times more and eventually live together.

People always joke and ask why I don't have a girlfriend I always reply. "I don't have the time or the wallet for a girlfriend."  

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

I won't judge you, but you should give a try to sex with the person you want to marry before you actually sign anything.

Sex isn't important. I will obviously be doing so before marrying her. She's actually flying out here in April for 3 weeks so spend with me

Judge of you will, I made my decision. But, how could you possibly tell how much we know each other? We haven't been with each other for only a few months, try over a year. At this point, what more does being together face to face bring to the table in terms of knowing her as a person? The only difference it will male is knowing her physically, nothing more. Marriage won't be happening until the both of us are living together and have to money, engagement until then. We are both firmly set on this, and not looked back.

EDIT: I realise now this may come of as a little harsh, or me having a yell. I'm sorry. Your opinion and concerns are completely warranted, and I have thought about them numerous times. And I know people would only want me to not be burned on this, but I'm near 100% certain it will work out fine. It will take time as I get the money to get everything sorted, but it will work out.

Just keep talking to her more and more, maybe share something kinda personal but not too personal just to get her to see you trust her it might help her come out a bit but some girls are just brick walls and you really aren't going to get through to them unfortunately it feels like your just smacking your head against a wall for ages. I had a girl that id talk to everyday (this isnt online but i think it has some relevance) we would talk about fav tv shows, we would even watch them together but seriously this chick was a fucking bomb shelter she didn't even open up to her bfs which was part of the reason why all her relationships failed anyway i ended up giving up and that was that. The point of this is that sometimes you need to know when to give up. 

Not saying give up now but give it a month if u still have no progress cut your losses imo. You said she's online anyway how do you know if she even lives near you?

@killers993

You were right, I kept talking to her and last night she opened up and told me a lot about herself and told me that I'm the only one she talks to. Also found out yesterday that she's only a couple hours drive away so it's not that bad. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

You were right, I kept talking to her and last night she opened up and told me a lot about herself and told me that I'm the only one she talks to. Also found out yesterday that she's only a couple hours drive away so it's not that bad. 

dayum someone is lucky

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

Apart from the distance, looks like you hit the spot.

Keep the casual conversations going like you've been doing for a while, and both of you could grow closer that way (but I guess you knew that already). A relationship might or might not form (there's never guarantees), but the less hustling there is, the better are the chances for things growing to the better direction.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

dayum someone is lucky

Yeah, idk how I got so lucky but I did. She told me that this Sunday is her birthday and she wants to spend it with me, and that I'm the best present she could ever want. So things are really looking good. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Yeah, idk how I got so lucky but I did. She told me that this Sunday is her birthday and she wants to spend it with me, and that I'm the best present she could ever want. So things are really looking good. 

I am so jelly breh

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

Wish I was 18 again and dating girls. When you get to my age you have done and seen it all and that feeling you get when your young and dating you don't get when your a lot older.

Its like playing WOW for the first time and after you leave you can never get that feeling back no matter what other mmo games you play. That spark goes.

Judge of you will, I made my decision. But, how could you possibly tell how much we know each other? We haven't been with each other for only a few months, try over a year. At this point, what more does being together face to face bring to the table in terms of knowing her as a person? The only difference it will male is knowing her physically, nothing more. Marriage won't be happening until the both of us are living together and have to money, engagement until then. We are both firmly set on this, and not looked back.

EDIT: I realise now this may come of as a little harsh, or me having a yell. I'm sorry. Your opinion and concerns are completely warranted, and I have thought about them numerous times. And I know people would only want me to not be burned on this, but I'm near 100% certain it will work out fine. It will take time as I get the money to get everything sorted, but it will work out.

I am impressed that you are determined but from myself and everyone I know the big things that break relationship when living together are the habits of the other person. It can kill a relationship fast if it doesn't fit.

I am impressed that you are determined but from myself and everyone I know the big things that break relationship when living together are the habits of the other person. It can kill a relationship fast if it doesn't fit.

I know that living habits are some of the biggest killers of relationships. I've already warned her about all my bad habits :P and she doesn't seem to mind yet. We shall get an idea in April when she is here in NZ with me for 3 weeks.

EDIT: I want nothing more than for this relationship to work. The both of us have not been very lucky in our love lives, all her past partners were either douchebags or abusive, and I've never held a stable relationship for longer than a few months before this. I want to do right by her. She deserves it for a change, and I love her, ya know?

a girl found out i like her and now she just blows sarcastic kisses at me :(

Fuck bitches... literally. Like there is nothing good to come from real "relationships".

When you do find someone worth being in a relationship, it will ALL become apparent. At which point run for them and never stop. Until then, chill and just do what comes natural.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Fuck bitches... literally. Like there is nothing good to come from real "relationships".

When you do find someone worth being in a relationship, it will ALL become apparent. At which point run for them and never stop. Until then, chill and just do what comes natural.

true

Fuck bitches... literally. Like there is nothing good to come from real "relationships".When you do find someone worth being in a relationship, it will ALL become apparent. At which point run for them and never stop. Until then, chill and just do what comes natural.

True.

Wanting to talk(text) to a girl so much, then coming off as needy and knowing that she's ignoring you. Ahh first world problems

Wanting to talk(text) to a girl so much, then coming off as needy and knowing that she's ignoring you. Ahh first world problems

Women are confusing. I'm just going to do my own thing and the right one will come in my life.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

DONT YOU DARE DO IT! NEVER LET HER KNOW YOU'RE HER BITCH, DONT DO IT!

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

@JefferyD90

Haahahaha, i love it! Anyways, I helped her though being sad tonight so y'know, in the good books (slowly working towards the main goal, one step at a time)

@JefferyD90

Haahahaha, i love it! Anyways, I helped her though being sad tonight so y'know, in the good books (slowly working towards the main goal, one step at a time)

Dude, she is already got you in her pocket now…  She will walk over you.  GET YOUR BITCH ON A LEASH!  (Im being like 90% for real.  If you just wanna hit it and quit it, your fine.  If you want a longer term relationship, be ready to take some shit.)

Just so you guys know, being a nice guy and everything in the first few weeks of knowing a girl is great and all.  She will really like it, and really start to like you more and more.  The problem is you're setting yourself up for failure.  Don't do ANYTHING for her, in the first 3 months of "talking/dating" that you will not be willing to do for the rest of your life, even on your worst days when you don't want to do anything.

All Im saying is SET THE EXPECTATION AND BE THE STANDARD.

Spoiler