Any metalheads here on LTT?

TeKNiQue

Megadeth is my alltime favorite, the only band i can name every song just by listening to the riff. The four first album are my favorite though :) these days I listen to a LOT of Protest the hero, Lamb of God, Bring me the horizon (their old deahcore as well as their new stuff), Jason Becker is my favorite guitarist/composer.

The band feared is pretty epic too, not very well known. Even though Metallica is what brought me to listen to metal, I don't listen to them very much anymore, their is so much better that deserve to be known!

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Even though Metallica is what brought me to listen to metal, I don't listen to them very much anymore, their is so much better that deserve to be known!

Exactly my thought.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

I'm more of a deathcore guy in general (BMTH are my favorite band) but I've been listening to every metal genre since I'm 15.

Hatebreed for the win!!!

This guy knows.

I used to be into metal alot more, than i am now. But Lamb of God, Slipknot and Machine Head are still where its at.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

um..

I play clarinet 

I always knew you liked long black objects in your mouth...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I love metal. I mostly listen to symphonic metal, power metal, folk metal, and melodic death metal.

If anyone wants an example of folk metal- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb8WGig0MLU

Current band i am listening to at the moment is Five Finger Death Punch

Drone and sludge are the two main genres I listen to that weren't on the list.

Nightwish is the only band that i really follow now days, but there are many
bands that i like, old and new. :ph34r:

Metallica is the best. If anyone said yes only because of Load/ReLoad that's not good. St. Anger was heavy too! \m/

I can remember the time when I really was into Deathmetal and Metalcore. Heaven Shall Burn, Parkway Drive, All Shall Perish, As I lay dying, man those are some awesome bands.

I also liked Insomnium and Power Metal.

144Hz goodness

Metallica is the best. If anyone said yes only because of Load/ReLoad that's not good. St. Anger was heavy too! \m/

What about Death Magnetic? I actually love that album. :)

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

• 2 weeks later...

DREAM THEATERRR. Mike Mangini is badass, therefore I am a drummer

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Hatebreed for the win!!!

True That

i also like: Adept, Amon amarth, slipkot, eluveitie, blood for blood and many more

Let's agree to disagree

I don't play any instruments so I put in keyboard because my keyboard makes noises, right? right?

Anyhow, I also listen to a lot of power metal and folk metal which aren't in that poll.

High School and college I really liked Burzum, Dimmu, Emperor, etc. Kinda grew out of it and stopped playing guitar years ago, but I bet I could still play some of the songs. Kings of the Carnival Creation, Eradication Instincts Defined, ....

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Yup, I love metal, but would not consider myself a "metalhead". The word just has an extreme connotation to it...
My favorites are Metallica (whom I think are a little overrated, but not really), Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Dream Theatre, and Anthrax.

I love metal. I mostly listen to symphonic metal, power metal, folk metal, and melodic death metal.

If anyone wants an example of folk metal- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb8WGig0MLU

I like this song!

Are there any Amon Amarth and/or Drottnar (The 2 Main Ones I listen to.) fans here? (Sorry if I misread posts and anyone was a fan.)

Bands I like:

Battlecross

Eluveitie

Amon Amarth

Drottnar 

Slipknot

Java

Black Metal.

Favourite band -> B U R Z U M

Nargaroth, Odal, Satanic Warmaster, Goatmoon, Abyssic Hate, Naströnd, ...

And Lunar Aurora... <3...

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I like this song!

Are there any Amon Amarth and/or Drottnar (The 2 Main Ones I listen to.) fans here? (Sorry if I misread posts and anyone was a fan.)

Bands I like:

Battlecross

Eluveitie

Amon Amarth

Drottnar 

Slipknot

Seen Amon Amarth live a few times and got some CDs laying around, enjoy the one or other song of them quite a bit ^^ <3 Death in Fire

Oh and "Masters of War" mainly because of "Masters Of War - rape every whore - that carries the cross!" ^^

Aaaaaaaaaand "A fury Divine" ... awesome moshpit song ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Disturbed, Pantera, Metallica, Manowar, Megadeth, Slipknot, Iron Maiden...

how about amon amarath(not really, lol.) or breakdown of sanity? they are kinda down the same alley, i guess you have already heard about a bullet for my valentine, it's abit more of a chick band.

I used to love Metallica, not so much any more. Suppose I just got bored of them.

if you listen this type of music you quickly get bored of it, thus people who listen to it alot progressively search for heavier and heavier music little by little, at the end they don't even know how they ended uop where they are :P.

Been playing guitar for 10 years. Can also play bass and drums. Favourite band is Megadeth.

there was one song from megadeath i thought was pretty fun.. can't remember what it was called.

ah found it! symphony of destruction!