FX-8320 w/ Hyper 212 Evo or FX-8350 w/ wraith

1 minute ago, Red Hardware said:

Instead of that ssd , you could do a RX580 8GB

Right now you may as well buy a unicorn...

1 minute ago, Red Hardware said:

Instead of that ssd , you could do a RX580 8GB which is really better than that 1060

go for a cheap case not a $84 one

and base on that , you only have $56 left and you don't have a cpu and ram

I put the part list together before the RX5xx series was out, and like I said in my other reply, the ram I'm reusing from his old system to save on price 

2 minutes ago, for7hyp3 said:

I put the part list together before the RX5xx series was out, and like I said in my other reply, the ram I'm reusing from his old system to save on price 

And then , you spent 84 cad on a case

That could've bene your ram

and what about CPU ? You are not going to buy a cpu with $56

I'm curious what the CPU was before the FX consideration.

10 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

So I looked into it and I guess they must have removed the quad core limit at some time, the last time I tried running far Cry 4 on a dual core was back when I had a G3258 and at the time no dual core CPU, HT or not, would run far Cry.

regardless if I were to get the G4560, even thought it has a better upgrade path, would mean I would have to buy a

new motherboard and I already have the motherboard for the AM3+

6 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

And then , you spent 84 cad on a case

That could've bene your ram

and what about CPU ? You are not going to buy a cpu with $56

Give me a case that I can buy for less than $84 and has as much functionality and looks as good as the master box 5, one of the reason I went with the masterbox 5 is that it has great support for future expansion say if he want to do sli or such.

and my apologies, I forgot to mention he uped the budget to $800 give or take a bit 

6 minutes ago, for7hyp3 said:

Look , if you are going to buy a fx8350 , you are going over your 700 budget ($819) 

That's 119 more 

for $73 more , i built this for you which is way better than what you did

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CHTzLD

Just now, for7hyp3 said:

Give me a case that I can buy for less than $84 and has as much functionality and looks as good as the master box 5, one of the reason I went with the masterbox 5 is that it has great support for future expansion say if he want to do sli or such.

and my apologies, I forgot to mention he uped the budget to $800 give or take a bit 

check out what i did with 773

5 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I'm curious what the CPU was before the FX consideration.

I was looking at pentiums maybe even an i3 but the budget couldn't fit a i3 and I didn't want to go lower than a quad core 

The case is not the priority when you need the budget for your hardware 

2 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

Look , if you are going to buy a fx8350 , you are going over your 700 budget ($819) 

That's 119 more 

for $73 more , i built this for you which is way better than what you did

You didn't include the SSD or case In that build 

Just now, for7hyp3 said:

You didn't include the SSD or case In that build 

SSD is not important in this situations 

Do you want faster loading time and better looks instead of better frame rates ??

Just now, Red Hardware said:

SSD is not important in this situations 

Do you want faster loading time and better looks instead of better frame rates ??

SSD are no brainer, it's 2017 you can't have a system without an SSD plus what's the point of building a system if it feels sluggish 

Just now, for7hyp3 said:

SSD are no brainer, it's 2017 you can't have a system without an SSD plus what's the point of building a system if it feels sluggish 

And looks are just as important as frame rates

Just now, for7hyp3 said:

What's the point of building a good looking system that has fast boot times and doesn't perform good at games

1 minute ago, for7hyp3 said:

And looks are just as important as frame rates

You can buy a ssd and change the case in future but you can't do that with ram , mobo , gpu and cpu

What's the point of building a good looking system that has fast boot times and doesn't perform good at games

I'm saying he can afford a system that looks good and performs well at the same time with that budget, he's only gaming in 1080 anyways which both the GTX 1060 and Rx 580 can easily do 

You can buy a ssd and change the case in future but you can't do that with ram , mobo , gpu and cpu

If you buy a ssd In the future than you have to go through the hassle of reinstalling windows and such, he doesn't mind spending a little extra to get the ssd now and that case allows him to expand in the future and is a better long term investment instead of having to spend money on a new case in the future cause the budget one can't fit the new hardware 

5 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

It's better in the long term to spend a little extra now instead of having to spend a lot later 

Just now, for7hyp3 said:

I'm saying he can afford a system that looks good and performs well at the same time with that budget, he's only gaming in 1080 anyways which both the GTX 1060 and Rx 580 can easily do 

Listen my friend , you are here to get some help from others but you are not accepting it, WHY ?????

You chose a 3GB 1060 not a 8gb one with an old cpu that might be good for now but not enough for the near future .

You can change the case and add an ssd in future with ease but you can't do that with the CPU , ram , mobo ...

Just now, for7hyp3 said:

It's better in the long term to spend a little extra now instead of having to spend a lot later 

Your logic is funny because base on your logic , you are doing the wrong thing now.

if he goes with your system , then he needs to spend a lot more in future to replace the MOBO , Ram , CPU , GPU 

Let's ask another forum member

@JDE 

Don't you think that this is better :

(and i have $30 to spend on a good looking case)

3 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

Your logic is funny because base on your logic , you are doing the wrong thing now.

if he goes with your system , then he needs to spend a lot more in future to replace the MOBO , Ram , CPU , GPU 

Let's ask another forum member

@JDE 

Don't you think that this is better :

(and i have $30 to spend on a good looking case)

Yes while it is better, I started this system several months ago before Ryzen and the RX5xx was a thing and the motherboard was the first thing I bought which essentially locked me out from doing Ryzen when it did come out. The whole conversation has deviated from my original question, 8320 w/ 212 vs 8350 w/ wraith. I already purchased the components a while ago but the original CPU I decided to get was out of stock and that's what caused to have this question.

Just now, for7hyp3 said:

Yes while it is better, I started this system several months ago before Ryzen and the RX5xx was a thing and the motherboard was the first thing I bought which essentially locked me out from doing Ryzen when it did come out. The whole conversation has deviated from my original question, 8320 w/ 212 vs 8350 w/ wraith. I already purchased the components a while ago but the original CPU I decided to get was out of stock and that's what caused to have this question.

For your original question , 8350 with wraith but

you can try to resell that mobo and do ryzen or at least , forget that case , spend $30 more and get a RX580 8GB

3 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

For your original question , 8350 with wraith but

you can try to resell that mobo and do ryzen or at least , forget that case , spend $30 more and get a RX580 8GB

The case has already been bought, and while I can resell the mobo at this point I don't want to delay his build, he's already been waiting for several months for it. Plus even if I were to sell the mobo and go for Ryzen, it's would cost more than going with the FX

The case has already been bought, and while I can resell the mobo at this point I don't want to delay his build, he's already been waiting for several months for it 

Then(with full respect) you are not a good pc builder

and I'm sure he is going to be happier with that ryzen 5 and RX580 8gb and will accept to wait a little more