Young LinusTechTips members? How young are you?

I  joined when I was 12, am now 13

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Linus is 27. hahaha

He same old fart as me then.

Oit,who are you calling old farts? LOL /jk ;)

If youre 25+ then you. Im an old fart too (27)

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I am 14 years old. As many people have already said, @Lanoi is the youngest member (that we know of).

I don't 17 is young for this fanbase. Most of the fanbase would be around 13-15, that is my guess atleast.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

16 here!

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I'll be 28 in July. Sigh. I did however get into gaming when I was like 7, though. Had my own hand-me-down PC at like 13. A Pentium 166mhz with 96mb of RAM :) My dad and I used to play Duke Nukem 3D multiplayer across the serial port :P

Proof:

This is me gaming on what I think to be an old Apple IIe. Look closely and you'll see a pair of Sennheiser's below the desk that still work today :)

308268_10150371410130944_1757588603_n.jp

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

I'm still in the womb

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

This thread reminds me that I always think of things in my own frame of reference and that I need to remember a lot of posters are significantly younger than me and don't have the same life experience I do.  I've been gaming online longer than most of you have been alive and I've been working with hardware and software even longer.  I'll be 34 in Feb, I got into online gaming in 1997 and programming a couple years earlier...

This thread reminds me that I always think of things in my own frame of reference and that I need to remember a lot of posters are significantly younger than me and don't have the same life experience I do.  I've been gaming online longer than most of you have been alive and I've been working with hardware and software even longer.  I'll be 34 in Feb, I got into online gaming in 1997 and programming a couple years earlier...

You got into programming at such a young age??  :blink:

You got into programming at such a young age??  :blink:

I started programming when I was around 16. I didn't program constantly through the years, there was actually a long time where I didn't touch a computer besides playing games because I was working in sales/management, but I did go to school for Computer Science and I am working now as a senior systems programmer.

I'm 12 as well.....

What do you mean by "it's you again", of course it's me again!

Bloody kids and your rock and roll 8 track tapes, when will you all learn

*sits back on rocking chair and falls a sleep uttering 'bloody kids, when will you all learn' :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I am 15

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

I'm gunna start my own club for over 35's, me 'n him are just gunna sit in PM and complain about you young blokes and what it was like when we were your age. :D

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'm gunna start my own club for over 35's, me 'n him are just gunna sit in PM and complain about you young blokes and what it was like when we were your age. :D

Holy jesus, I'm surprised that you could stay up long enough to type that without falling a sleep :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I believe my name is very appropriate for this thread!

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

Holy jesus, I'm surprised that you could stay up long enough to type that without falling a sleep :P

yer, I fell asleep on the post button.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

We probably got a whole bunch of 12-year-olds in here, even younger. That boy you mentioned just happened to designate himself as the "forum 12-year-old" but I estimate that there are other 12-year-olds... quietly hiding, waiting, in the shadows, but surely there. 

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I'm five, but technically speaking I've only had two birthdays.

You seriously bond on a leap year! COOL!!  :lol: But i highly doubt your 2 years old ( 5years old)