Purchasing fans from Mouser Electronics

4 minutes ago, CDR_Xavier said:

How come had I never thought of this

https://www.mouser.com/c/thermal-management/fans-blowers/

you can, but most of them seem to be dc fans with special features like low speed warnings and ip68 water resistance, which aren't very useful for a desktop

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

12 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

you can, but most of them seem to be dc fans with special features like low speed warnings and ip68 water resistance, which aren't very useful for a desktop

This come from someone who is constantly ripping fans out of Dell and hp (and lenovo) rebuilds and putting them in my own build.

Yeah there are a lot that have special features (SensFlow otherwise wouldn't be a company), but there are also a lot of just ... DC axials.

5 minutes ago, CDR_Xavier said:

This come from someone who is constantly ripping fans out of Dell and hp (and lenovo) rebuilds and putting them in my own build.

Yeah there are a lot that have special features (SensFlow otherwise wouldn't be a company), but there are also a lot of just ... DC axials.

what im trying to say is that they're not necessarily better in any way i can see from fans you can get anywhere else..., or cheaper for that matter

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

20 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

not necessarily better in any way

Buying them new is usually a thing I dont encounter frequently. However, there are cases where I would be glad to have them instead.

I have a very restrictive intake filter, and the stock Deltas I found in the case (0.2 inch H2O mind you) basically did nothing.
I have to go out of my way to pull out 0.8 inch Nidecs from certain Dells. Those have no trouble pulling air through.

Those are about the same price as Noctua 12x25s, but very different purpose.

Yeah the average PC gamer won't find uses for anything beside the most generic case fans, and that's ok. If I am looking at Sunons, I won't be the average PC builder to begin with.

It's just that I struggled to find reliable sources for these fans (ebay is not a reliable source). Until the lightbulb moment that told me to hop on to Mouser.

You can't exactly say they are bad quality, dual ball baring beats sleeves every day of the week. and some of the fancier Sunons even have maglev. You won't get RGB though.

yes, congrats, the very design pc fans use also exists in industry..

i in fact quite regularly buy 40mm sunons from such sources. 

but the thing is that things are often designed for the market they are sold towards. if you want good value, buy white box xilence at your hardware vendor of choice. if you want high quality fans you know which brands you'd go for...

buying a sunon maglev targeted at industry makes no sense, becaue at per-piece orders they quite often cost more than regular retail pc fans, they come with bare leads instead of the connector, they often dont have tacho signal, etc etc.

case in point.. for a recent project i needed a big heatsink with a fan that can shove air trough to dissipate as much power as possible...

what did i settle on?

a pile of 4 $9 cpu coolers. yep, that's the best deal i could find to dissipate 200 watts, because if your're not buying at scale, buying industrial parts makes NO sense.