290X (1100 Mhz core, 1500 Mhz Mem): 31.04

Same card was used.

Its clearly core bottlenecked. I guess its to be expected with a 512bit bus 

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

Its clearly core bottlenecked. I guess its to be expected with a 512bit bus 

Yep, 256GB/s vs 320GB/s stock.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Yep, 256GB/s vs 320GB/s stock.

I would love if there was a benchmark out there to mesure the real bandwidth.

Just saw your edit: i do that too. But in my case its also a noise maker :( but i guess i cant complain too much (56Mh/s :)

8 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

Just saw your edit: i do that too. But in my case its also a noise maker :( but i guess i cant complain too much (56Mh/s :)

Water cooled so basically silent :)

3x 480mm RAD area.

Water cooled so basically silent :)

3x 480mm RAD area.

Nice. I might aventure myself into watercooling with the money coming from the cards.

(3rd one coming soon (shop lied about stock :| ))

2 minutes ago, Agost said:

*please don't make it another mining thread*

We are still talking about gpus :P

And as you can see we already moved on from that

Just now, cj09beira said:

We are still talking about gpus :P

And as you can see we already moved on from that

Yea to water cooling, so on topic right ;).

Btw there is also a good chance vega will be bandwidth limited when overclocking. And i bet hbm2 wont overclock too well (as they are having problems releasing the full 2 Gbps)

38 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Well, we should be getting water cooled Vega cards, so....

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Well, we should be getting water cooled Vega cards, so....

Could we be seeing a Ares IV? 

This doesn't seem worthy of a thread of its own, so adding here: 

You can try AMD Radeon RX Vega in Hungary and USA

AMD will be taking RX Vega for a tour. The first community tour will take place in Budapest, Hungary on July 18. Then two days later RX Vega will be shown in action at PDXLAN in Portland, USA. The third and final event will take place at SIGGRAPH, so right where RX Vega will be unveiled.

Here’s a full schedule:

• Budapest, Hungary July 18 at the Akvárium Klub from 2 to 7 CET.
  • Portland, USA, PDXLAN in, July 21 to 23
  • Los Angeles, USA, SIGGRAPH 2017, July 30

• In the post, Annie Lee says:

We know you’ve been waiting for Radeon RX Vega and we can’t wait to unveil it to you all.

Details on the Radeon RX Vega are coming during SIGGRAPH 2017, so you’ll want to pay attention to what’s happening during this technology summit taking place in the last week of July.

Source: https://videocardz.com/70895/amd-radeon-rx-vega-is-going-on-a-tour

They also have some possible codenames but doesn't seem something new: 

https://videocardz.com/70890/amd-radeon-rx-vega-xtx-vega-xt-and-vega-xl

5 hours ago, The Owl said:

This doesn't seem worthy of a thread of its own, so adding here: 

You can try AMD Radeon RX Vega in Hungary and USA

They also have some possible codenames but doesn't seem something new: 

https://videocardz.com/70890/amd-radeon-rx-vega-xtx-vega-xt-and-vega-xl

So basically a week and half's worth of controlled hype before official launch/release/whatever siggraph is going to be. But no real benchmarks or hands on testing by independents?   Sounds like AMD's current MO.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Apparently AMD is only shipping the final RX Vega BIOS to board partners on August 2nd. Then the board partners have to test, validate, ready the cards before shipping out their cards to retailers.

This indicates to me that Siggraph will be a paper launch. Don't expect retail availability. And the board partners will not be ready with final cards to hand out to independent reviewers.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/board-partner-bios-release-schedule-radeon-rx-vega-leaks.html

1 hour ago, Humbug said:

Apparently AMD is only shipping the final RX Vega BIOS to board partners on August 2nd. Then the board partners have to test, validate, ready the cards before shipping out their cards to retailers.

This indicates to me that Siggraph will be a paper launch. Don't expect retail availability. And the board partners will not be ready with final cards to hand out to independent reviewers.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/board-partner-bios-release-schedule-radeon-rx-vega-leaks.html

That or reference design exclusivity at first like for the rx 480 :)

3 hours ago, Humbug said:

Jesus this launch is taking so bloody long. I hope it's worth the wait. :\

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

I hope as the hype is dying out, retailers won't jack up the price too high at launch

6 hours ago, Humbug said:

In before Vega XTX comes reference with an AIO cooler and launches alone at Siggraph, and the AIB air coolers for XT and Pro coming after.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

54 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

In before Vega XTX comes reference with an AIO cooler and launches alone at Siggraph, and the AIB air coolers for XT and Pro coming after.

Possible, though the AIBs probably launch around a week after Threadripper, which is August 10th or so.

3 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Possible, though the AIBs probably launch around a week after Threadripper, which is August 10th or so.

I want Threadripper reviews now :(

8 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

I want Threadripper reviews now :(

In one of those funny aspects, I expect TR reviews to be extremely predictable. Take the 1700X and double the score.  It's going to scale between 90-105%. It just depends on what the stuff is clocked at. The 12c should look like 2x the Ryzen 5 1600X scores.

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

In one of those funny aspects, I expect TR reviews to be extremely predictable. Take the 1700X and double the score.  It's going to scale between 90-105%. It just depends on what the stuff is clocked at. The 12c should look like 2x the Ryzen 5 1600X scores.

One unknown is how the extra module and CCX's will affect gaming results as well.

Along with the extra latency betweeb modules and their CCX's when jumping across.

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

One unknown is how the extra module and CCX's will affect gaming results as well.

Considering all of the optimizations for Ryzen already, it shouldn't be much different. Though the Windows 10 scheduler discussion might come back, as there'd be variance between runs more highly. Inter-CCX latency increase is only going to be physical in nature. With calls to other cores off the CCX run through the L3 victim cache, it's pretty much how much latency the package distance causes.

Considering some of the early Epyc results, it seems pretty minimal. Still, going to be really interesting to see. Also, the idea of a relatively "cheap" 16c system makes for some fun future VM-configuration planning.

I am quite curious about memory speed on TR. Does the two packages improve or hurt how far it can be pushed? Interesting things ahead.

4 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Considering all of the optimizations for Ryzen already, it shouldn't be much different. Though the Windows 10 scheduler discussion might come back, as there'd be variance between runs more highly. Inter-CCX latency increase is only going to be physical in nature. With calls to other cores off the CCX run through the L3 victim cache, it's pretty much how much latency the package distance causes.

Considering some of the early Epyc results, it seems pretty minimal. Still, going to be really interesting to see. Also, the idea of a relatively "cheap" 16c system makes for some fun future VM-configuration planning.

I am quite curious about memory speed on TR. Does the two packages improve or hurt how far it can be pushed? Interesting things ahead.

Forgetting the second module, which will likely add a lot more latency as well; since it's not just CCX - CCX.

It can and will be CCX-CCX - 2nd Module CCX, and so forth. We haven't seen any Epyc results for gaming; and we can already see even on Intel the cache structure affects gaming because of the latency and cores.

PcPer will likely do some great core latency tests again to see how it affects things.

Will also be interesting how the Threadripper IMC handles RAM in quad channel, and what frequencies we'll be able to get. If it can reach 3200Mhz on launch it's on to a great launch.