Debate Club pls HELP

AMDPRO

First off, this is not political. In debate club we are debating wether we should allow more refugees in the country and if they pose an economical and security issue. I was put on the later which is that we should stop immigration. Pls tell me why and give me reliable sources (no brietbart or infowar)

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

So you want someone to do your homework for you? Don't be that guy.

i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz |:| Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H |:| Noctua NH-D14 |:| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti XE |:| G.Skill 8GB 1600 |:| Samsung EVO 250GB |:| WD Caviar Blue 1TB |:| XFX 750W BE |:| Corsair 450D |:|
ASUS PG348Q |:| Moon Neo 230HAD Dac/Amp |:| Sennheiser HD 800 |:| Logitech G900 |:| Ducky Premier (MX-Reds)

9 hours ago, AMDPRO said:

First off, this is not political. In debate club we are debating wether we should allow more refugees in the country and if they pose an economical and security issue. I was put on the later which is that we should stop immigration. Pls tell me why and give me reliable sources (no brietbart or infowar)

We should only let in skilled workers who progress in language, reading and writing ENGLISH, along with history of said country. Plus if they are a burden on our health care system, nope! move on!

The Netherlands do it that way.

They should be ADDING to our country, not burdening it. We do not need more service workers making sandwiches and flipping burgers and driving taxi. We need doctors in rural area's with a 10 year contract.

10 hours ago, AMDPRO said:

I was put on the later which is that we should stop immigration. 

pretend to be donald trump and build a wall to stop the immigerents

WARNING: this only works with mexicains, other immigrants aren't anticipated with this package, if you want more protection, look at our other range of options for more protection

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

Actually they see a lot of over sea's illegal immigrants coming up from Mexico.

Google Samuel Huntington's clash of civilisations or Robert Putnam's work on immigration and social disunity. There's plenty of scholarly work out there, but these two stand out in notoriety in mainstream Poli Sci. 

Might as well check out conservative think tanks. They're usually staffed with PhDs. Mises Institute, Heritage Foundation, Brookings, Hoover Institute etc.   

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

>not political at all

>names single biggest current political issue

But in all seriousness, I would recommend reading some academic papers and such. @Raskolnikov seems to know more about such things as though. 

Also, Jordan B Peterson has recently done a very interesting lecture about the psychological differences of the he left and right wings, check out his channel. 

- snip-

Ben Shapiro is your guy. Very talented speaker with conservative view points.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

5 hours ago, Kamina said:

Ben Shapiro is your guy. Very talented speaker with conservative view points.

Ben shapiro really is my favourite conservative.

- snip-

You should go to the debate and simply say:  if highly educated professors in sociology, economics, politics, social welfare and global social studies can't agree, then we as a bunch of students have no hope in hell of forming a legitimate opinion let alone debating a rational stance.  Ergo, we either err on the side of caution or we stop pretending we know what's best for the country.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 5/25/2017 at 11:51 AM, AMDPRO said:

Dude... you're literally asking us to do your work for you.

I would start by researching peer reviewed academic databases. If you're in University, you generally get free access to a bunch of them. If you're not, check out your local library, as they usually give access to one or two big ones.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)