Need a new phone

Alexcalibur

I am going to be going to Slovakia for a year, and I am going to be needing a phone (maybe). I actually don't need "phone" services, I actually just need a device that can operate like one. Here is what I am looking for:

• Quality Camera
  • Large and/or Expandable Storage
  • Good battery (doesn't have to be killer just good enough)

I was looking into an ipod maybe, but those don't have all too much storage, which is something that is a priority to me. Do you guys know of anything that will work for what I am looking for and won't break the bank?

Check second hand for iPhone with high capacity or a samsung s4,5,6/ note3,4 /zenfone 2,3 all have awesome batteries/cameras

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

8 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

I am going to be going to Slovakia for a year, and I am going to be needing a phone (maybe). I actually don't need "phone" services, I actually just need a device that can operate like one. Here is what I am looking for:

• Quality Camera

I was looking into an ipod maybe, but those don't have all too much storage, which is something that is a priority to me. Do you guys know of anything that will work for what I am looking for and won't break the bank?

whats your budget

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Just now, mok said:

whats your budget

something reasonable. about 600

9 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

A One Plus One with a flash drive

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Here is what I think. An iPhone 6s. the A9 CPU, still one of the best cameras out there, decent price, headphone jack, and really good battery life if you get the Plus. 

iPhone 6s 32GB or 128GB (you could get a refurb 64GB)

32GB starts at $549 and the 128GB is $649. 

You could get the 6s Plus 32GB for $649 which has Optical Image Stabilization. 

If you want to use something other than the iPhone or would rather not pay that much, I'm sure there are better options. Although finding one that will satisfy the Camera requirement might be hard. 

Refurb 64GB 6s for $509

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/FKQP2LL/A/refurbished-iphone-6s-64gb-silver

Heres a refurb 6s Plus 64GB for $589

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/FKU72/refurbished-iphone-6s-plus-64gb-silver

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Moto X Play

i own one

its great

21mp camera and it actually has great dynamic range

expandable storage

3600mah battery lasts me upto 2 days with mixed use

Just now, mok said:

Moto X Play

i own one

its great

21mp camera and it actually has great dynamic range

expandable storage

3600mah battery lasts me upto 2 days with mixed use

price tho?

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

i have a samsung s5 neo

it has 16gb internal storage with a microsd card slot

ip67 water resistant, removable battery (life is really good)

a good camera

no fingerprint scanner though

see if they come cheap

1 hour ago, IskanderEXC said:

• Quality Camera

Sony Xperia Z3 and above or Sony Xperia X series

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

price tho?

dirt cheap

i bought it for $260 CAD unlocked and outright from my provider

brand new an amazon used to retail for $400CAD

should be even cheaper now

Samsung s7 is in sale now. my mom got it and the batterie lasts a day and something rather than 1/4 with the last phone (cubot x6) also camera is crystal clear.

get it with this sd card Toshiba Exceria M302 128GB Micro SD Memory Card 90 MB/s 4K (it needs to be fast in order to make it sytem storage and not bottleneck the system)

and if you do that expand thing that makes it also sytem storage you will have a total of 160gb

i would recommed the motorola moto g4 plus, since it have a very good camera (16 mp with automatic HDR) overkill battery (my phone,the moto g4 standard,last about 2 full days using and leaving open whatsapp/instagram/facebook and play music) ; as of the storage is can have up to 64Gb for internal storage, and up to 128 for the expansion :)
The price is currently at about 150$

16 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Here is what I think. An iPhone 6s. the A9 CPU, still one of the best cameras out there, decent price, headphone jack, and really good battery life if you get the Plus. 

iPhone 6s 32GB or 128GB (you could get a refurb 64GB)

32GB starts at $549 and the 128GB is $649. 

You could get the 6s Plus 32GB for $649 which has Optical Image Stabilization. 

If you want to use something other than the iPhone or would rather not pay that much, I'm sure there are better options. Although finding one that will satisfy the Camera requirement might be hard. 

Refurb 64GB 6s for $509

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/FKQP2LL/A/refurbished-iphone-6s-64gb-silver

Heres a refurb 6s Plus 64GB for $589

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/FKU72/refurbished-iphone-6s-plus-64gb-silver

I already have a 5, which I am happy with, but I have noticed that with all of my apple devices the battery life slowly dies off after the first 5-6 months. Is this true with the 6s?

2 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

I already have a 5, which I am happy with, but I have noticed that with all of my apple devices the battery life slowly dies off after the first 5-6 months. Is this true with the 6s?

It's taken well over a year for me to notice any decrease in battery life on my 6s Plus. 

It also helps to charge with the brick that came in the box and with certified cables. 

It is hard to recommend an Xperia z3 to any one. I am an user of one and hade only but problems with my device. Save yourself that trouble and don't buy one. 

On 2017-05-18 at 7:12 AM, IskanderEXC said:

• Quality Camera

Chinese phone brands would suit your wallet perfectly. There is great deal of cheap phones with good specs. Having a SD card slot is almost standard there and depends on the model you buy the battery can wary. Look up your devices on GSM arena.