Sennheiser Headset vs Headphones

Kayn

Ok now that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming up soon I might be thinking of picking up a new audio solution. The two things that I am looking at is the Sennheiser 558 with a Blue snowball and the Sennheiser PC360. The 558s are headphones only and I wanted to combine it with a Blue Snowball, but the PC360 is an all in one headset. I've been looking up reviews for both units and on the fence on which to get.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

They use the same drivers, and thus sound pretty much the same. The PC 360 has slightly worse build quality, and the padding isn't as nice.

I'd pick whatever setup is cheaper. ;)

Snowballs are unnecessary unless your broad casting. Get a snowflake.

Yes, but we all want to broadcast to our freinds. No?

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

And it saves a TON of space

Snowballs are unnecessary unless your broad casting. Get a snowflake.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Voting for the PC360, as is sounds pretty much the same as the 558's, and the mic on it is pretty damn good, and it's nice to have the mic on the headset, instead of a standalone one. that's just my opinion though. 

it could be nice having the snowball and 558's, that way you can use the 558's in public, and you won't have an antenna-looking thingy on the side of the headset, making you look like some sort of robot or something, lol. 

take whatever's cheapest for you. I know here in norway, the PC360's are cheaper by about 40 bucks. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

The only thing I don't like about the mics on Sennheiser's headsets is that they are soooo big and bulky. It makes them more difficult to reposition than some other solutions..

They do sound great though.

If I do get one of these audio solutions it wouldn't matter what they would look like since I would not take them out in public. Still can't decide on which to get, I guess I'll probably get the cheapest when it gets close to Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Wtf Linus is answering these post. Linus you are truely awesome.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz