What is the most extreme GTX 1080?

en1gMATIC
1 minute ago, en1gMATIC said:

yea i am

Alright, well go for the Galax card, or maybe something like a Zotac AMP! Extreme 1080?

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Yeah, galax hof is a beast.

But its more useful for LN2 oc, because performance-wise all 1080 are pretty much the same. 

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

57 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

There is no 1080 FTW3...

Sorry, I thought it said 1080 Ti.

Revised list:

-AORUS 1080

-STRIX 1080

-FTW2 1080

27 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Out of the box, pretty much correct. But that statement is partially incorrect, and as some have better OC potential, therefore they will perform better. Like the SEA HAWK 1080, which has an AIO on it, or the Galax HoF cards, which I believe are special binned cards that have much better OC potential than normal 1080s.

No..... All GTX 1080s can OC to 2025-2100MHz... With Pascal, it mostly depends on the silicon lottery TBH

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

If you're going with a custom loop, research the available blocks before buying the card, that's partially the reason I went with the Palit Gamerock premium as at the time, block availability wasn't great

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 hours ago, en1gMATIC said:

Title says it all 

I want to know what the fanciest gtx 1080 is

thx

GTX 1080 Classified.

Those HoF cards are slow. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No..... All GTX 1080s can OC to 2025-2100MHz... With Pascal, it mostly depends on the silicon lottery TBH

I seriously doubt that. Why would a 1080 FE OC the same as a 1080 with an AIO? Plus, stuff like the Galax HoF cards have a higher base clock.

17 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

GTX 1080 Classified.

Those HoF cards are slow. 

Dude jesus for that money why not just get a 1080ti?

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

6 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Dude jesus for that money why not just get a 1080ti?

cos the 1080 Ti Classified doesn't exist. 

Don't want those Hall of Slows either. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

8 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

I seriously doubt that. Why would a 1080 FE OC the same as a 1080 with an AIO? Plus, stuff like the Galax HoF cards have a higher base clock.

Jayztwocents' 1080 FE can OC to 2160MHz but his 1080 FTW Hybrid can't get a higher OC. Coolers really don't matter with Pascal...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

cos the 1080 Ti Classified doesn't exist. 

Don't want those Hall of Slows either. 

I mean a regular 1080ti, not one that costs the same as a Titan X :|

And if that's what you consider slow, then holy shit.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

I mean a regular 1080ti, not one that costs the same as a Titan X :|

And if that's what you consider slow, then holy shit.

HOF cards don't overclock as well as the Classified cards. They often have to run at a higher clock to return the same score. The HOF cards don't get the support quite like the Classified cards do either. The HOF is prettier but that's it. 

I prefer custom designed cards overall. Reference cards are for noobs. 

5 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

HOF cards don't overclock as well as the Classified cards. They often have to run at a higher clock to return the same score. The HOF cards don't get the support quite like the Classified cards do either. The HOF is prettier but that's it. 

But the Classified cards cost an assload more. For the same money you could get a regular 1080ti, which would outperform a Classified.

And as do I, but that's a little extreme. That's a 1080 that costs as much as a 1080ti.

edit: speaking of which, i'm going to be getting a 1080ti soon. Do you know any good non-ref 1080ti's that won't rape my wallet? I'd preferably like to keep it under $850.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

So, you would never buy an EVGA SC card?

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

EVGA SC's are actually pretty decent cards, but they're not as good as custom cards. If I were gonna buy a reference card, i'd get an SC.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

But the Classified cards cost an assload more. For the same money you could get a regular 1080ti, which would outperform a Classified.

Disregard the 1080 Ti. It wasn't out when the 1080 Classy was out. 

If it was just the 1080 Classy and the 1080 HOF. I'd go Classy. 

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Never. I do have a 660 SC though. It is an old card though. Existed way before X99 rig. But from here on out it's custom designs only. 

3 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

EVGA SC's are actually pretty decent cards, but they're not as good as custom cards. If I were gonna buy a reference card, i'd get an SC.

True, but still they are reference cards :D

58 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Wtf are you talking about. The classified 1080 isnt clocked higher nor has an higher oc potential than the HoF. The new hof 1080ti is currently the highest clock with the best air cooling available on the market not to forget its power phase. 

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

True, but still they are reference cards :D

True. Custom will always be better than reference

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Disregard the 1080 Ti. It wasn't out when the 1080 Classy was out. 

If it was just the 1080 Classy and the 1080 HOF. I'd go Classy. 

But it is now, and OP could get more power for the same money if he got a ref 1080ti.

But it isn't just the 1080 Classy and HoF. Plus, the Classy is an assload more expensive than the HoF, so i'd go HoF personally

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

26 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

Wtf are you talking about. The classified 1080 isnt clocked higher nor has an higher oc potential than the HoF. The new hof 1080ti is currently the highest clock with the best air cooling available on the market not to forget its power phase. 

^ He's right you know

1080 Classy

https://www.evga.com/products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=c39ac688-db6a-4169-9e00-4c5dd0341599

1080 HoF

http://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/galax-geforcer-gtx-1080-hof.html

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

13 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

>clocked higher

>highest clock 

>best air cooling

>power phase. 

oh child, 

>air cooling

please i'm struggling to type rn. Laughing way too much.

>keeping a custom card air cooled xDxDxD 

>using out of the box clocks as an argument

>mysides.gif

>implying more power phases = more clock

>ded

Come on man. You can't seriously think that anyone would keep a card like that, at STOCK? And on air? Damn dude. 

It doesn't matter if the HOF card is faster out of the box or has more power phases. The Classified equivalent is the better card. Hell, even the Strix is faster than the HOF.

2 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Jayztwocents' 1080 FE can OC to 2160MHz but his 1080 FTW Hybrid can't get a higher OC. Coolers really don't matter with Pascal...

So far off it's not even funny.  The cooler is EVERYTHING for Pascal, especially if you're wanting to overclock.  lol

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

13 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

So far off it's not even funny.  The cooler is EVERYTHING for Pascal, especially if you're wanting to overclock.  lol

Get it chilly and it goes fast. 

The most extreme 1080 is the one you keep the coldest, and fine tune the frequency / voltage curve the best.  VRMs, extra voltage, blah blah blah....the only thing to worry about with Pascal is TEMPS and POWER LIMIT.  So, pick a GPU with a nice high power limit, put it in the freezer and OC the crap out of it.  = P

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

6 hours ago, stealth80 said:

If you're going with a custom loop, research the available blocks before buying the card, that's partially the reason I went with the Palit Gamerock premium as at the time, block availability wasn't great

ya otherwise would go with aorus one

how does the strix compare to other fancy ones like hof, aorus, or classy