Title says it all 

I want to know what the fanciest gtx 1080 is

thx

In terms of what? 

Looks? Temps? Noise? fancy price tag? 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

In terms of what? 

the fanciest in terms of overclocking features, temps, voltage regulation, pretty much everything

fancy price tag

3 minutes ago, en1gMATIC said:

Title says it all 

thx

Gold plated GTX 1080?

8 minutes ago, en1gMATIC said:

the fanciest in terms of overclocking features

MSI Gaming X due to MSI afterburner being great, it works with other card but having msi app with msi card just nice

8 minutes ago, en1gMATIC said:

the fanciest in terms of temps

Asus Strix. Closely followed by AMP extreme if air cooled

Custom loop from EKWB or Hybrid cards/Seahawk fromMSI however is cooler bit they are liquid cooled

Hybrid and Palit Gamerock Premium are the fastest out of the box 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

4 minutes ago, en1gMATIC said:

the fanciest in terms of overclocking features, temps, voltage regulation, pretty much everything

The aorus extreme has a an unlocked power multiplier, I'd also check out the GALAX hall of fame

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

In terms of what? 

he has ryzen from the dead!

IM BACK BABY

14 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

MSI Gaming X due to MSI afterburner being great

What? Why are you recommending the Gaming X? It's red :/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

That would be the Galax 1080 HOF its the fastest, and it is labeled for Hall of Fame check it out

14 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Hybrid and Palit Gamerock Premium are the fastest out of the box 

Why is it not available in the US? :(

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

23 minutes ago, en1gMATIC said:

Title says it all 

thx

Either the AORUS card or the EVGA FTW3.

The Galax GTX 1080 HOF, the Zotac AMP! Extreme, the ASUS STRIX or the AORUS Extreme Edition.

Although, you don't need an extreme 1080 since all 1080s perform exactly the same...

1 minute ago, crazysteve240 said:

Either the AORUS card or the EVGA FTW3.

There is no 1080 FTW3...

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

There is no 1080 FTW3...

Pretty sure he meant the FTW2, with iCX cooler.

Overclocking capability comes down to the silicon lottery, regardless of the brand. Pretty much any card you buy has enough capabilities to deliver the power for overclocking, so it doesn't really matter which one you get.

I would suggest EVGA for it's known good customer support.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

7 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

What? Why are you recommending the Gaming X? It's red :/

well because it has rgb and i am wuite confident in modding it

well because it has rgb and i am wuite confident in modding it

RGB with red accents all over the card, not really useful IMO xD

30 minutes ago, Damascus said:

The aorus extreme has a an unlocked power multiplier, I'd also check out the GALAX hall of fame

is the aorus the only one with an unlocked power multiplier?

Just now, en1gMATIC said:

is the aorus the only one with an unlocked power multiplier?

Try the Gakax one as well, the only one that I know of is Aorus

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

8 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Try the Gakax one as well, the only one that I know of is Aorus

does the waterforce also have unlocked voltage?

Galax HoF 1080 hands down

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

32 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Although, you don't need an extreme 1080 since all 1080s perform exactly the same...

Out of the box, pretty much correct. But that statement is partially incorrect, and as some have better OC potential, therefore they will perform better. Like the SEA HAWK 1080, which has an AIO on it, or the Galax HoF cards, which I believe are special binned cards that have much better OC potential than normal 1080s.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

3 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Out of the box, pretty much correct. But that statement is partially incorrect, and as some have better OC potential, therefore they will perform better. Like the SEA HAWK 1080, which has an AIO on it, or the Galax HoF cards, which I believe are special binned cards that have much better OC potential than normal 1080s.

what he said

pretty much the cooler doesnt really matter cause im going to be doing a custom loop but there isnt a 1080 kingpin/matrix or whatever and I didn't know which one was the best

1 minute ago, en1gMATIC said:

what he said

pretty much the cooler doesnt really matter cause im going to be doing a custom loop but there isnt a 1080 kingpin/matrix or whatever and I didn't know which one was the best

Are you gonna be overclocking? I assume so, as otherwise you don't really need a card like this. And tbh I'd go for the Galax HoF 1080, as something like a SEA HAWK is unnecessary, seeing as you're doing custom loop.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

Are you gonna be overclocking? I assume so, as otherwise you don't really need a card like this. And tbh I'd go for the Galax HoF 1080, as something like a SEA HAWK is unnecessary, seeing as you're doing custom loop.

yea i am