how dangerous would this be.

So my PSU can put out 230W as said by many professionals. And well a man's gotta game. And I've already made a pcpartpicker list and it shows that my whole system (not including the microphone or other peripherals and also the motherboard cause it isn't in pcpartpicker) with the GPU I wanna get. And it uses 203W's. Would it be safe? Should I risk it? Our should I suffer with playing with a IGPU.

If it's the "soon to be system" in your signature and if the psu can actually output 230w, then it's fine. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

If it's the "soon to be system" in your signature and if it can actually output 230w, then it's fine. 

So you're saying I won't die.

Just now, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

google psu calculator if you don't believe

1 minute ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Unless you are grabbing a live line in your fist you won't die.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

But then you realise it's a Corsair VS.

A vs450 is more than capable. 

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

google psu calculator if you don't believe

PSU calculators are garbage. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, TheRandomness said:

But then you realise it's a Corsair VS.

I wanna get the VS450 for the "Soon To Be System" not now

If you combine the CPU load with the GPU under intense load then the answer is yes you're safe but you risk hardware damage.

1 minute ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

I wanna get the VS450 for the "Soon To Be System" not now

A CX450M would be a better option.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

A vs450 is more than capable. 

PSU calculators are garbage. 

It's capable, but getting something better now saves money in the future.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

A CX450M would be a better option.

It's capable, but getting something better now saves money in the future.

He's looking at a 2400 and a 750Ti, I'm pretty sure every cent counts at this point; plus he's probably buying it used. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU calculators often overestimate by a large margin. For example, the one I used to use (OuterVision's PSU calculator) defaulted the system load to 90%. This is everything is taxed at 90%. The only time I can see myself doing that is running Prime95 with whatever tests that hammer RAM, Furmark, and CrystalDiskMark. i.e., this is a deliberate load. I couldn't even get it to match my system under load while running Crysis 2 at the lowest system load the calculator would go.

And as a point of reference, I had a GTX 980 and a slightly overclocked i5-4670K with a Corsair H80i drawing no more than ~230W off the wall (so it was like ~200W taking efficiency into account) while running Crysis 3.

So what I'm trying to say, with your setup OP, you should be fine with the wattage the PSU is capable of, even if it's a potato. Just don't run the above stress test tools at the same time.

12 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Healthy PSUs don't suddenly turn into bombs just because you near the top of their capacity. Even with a poor quality PSU, it's more likely it will just run really inefficently/loudly/hot. If it's really bad, it may shut down or crash your PC. Pyrotechnics are the least likely outcome, and that usually requires there to be something seriously wrong with the PSU in addition to the workload.

That doesn't mean I think this is/isn't a great idea, just that your life probably isn't at stake. :P

All I do is play Team Fotress 2 , CSGO no needy games. 

Also this is an anecdote, but from my experience, I haven't had any potato PSU's blow up on me or do horrible things. My first two builds used a PSU that came in the case and it seemed the consensus at the time was they'll fail within like a year or something. Well the first build's PSU lasted 4-5 and it only really died because the fan died first and overheated too much. The second build's lasted about 3, but it didn't flat out die, it was just giving me gremlins.

So while I won't say "sure, build your SLI system with the Chinese knockoff special", I'm not in the camp that freaks out that you're not using a Tier 2 PSU or higher in that PSU list.

VS is mediocre one.. even if it does suffice i still wouldnt trust that psu for your build.

Because wattage is just the tip of the iceberg..

Get something more uhmm decent like seasonic s12ii or Corsair Cxm Grey unit.

VS is mediocre, but even a 230w VS (which doesn't exist, he'll be running a 450w VS) is enough for 2400+750Ti. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Unless you are grabbing a live line in your fist you won't die.

Having had more than a few PSU's quite literally blow up in my face over the years (from customer's machines, not my own), I can attest that you won't die, even if the PSU craps out on you.  I would be concerned about hardware damage, though (as @Madinventer stated).

The PSU is something that you don't want to skimp on, if you can help it.

Your house will explode, a wormhole to every anime and comic verse will open, North Korea will give you a hat, and you will become one with a top 40 artist.

Then out of nowhere, the power supply will explode and shrapnel will pet your dog.

Sign me up! 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Having had more than a few PSU's quite literally blow up in my face over the years (from customer's machines, not my own), I can attest that you won't die, even if the PSU craps out on you.  I would be concerned about hardware damage, though (as @Madinventer stated).

The PSU is something that you don't want to skimp on, if you can help it.

I'm honestly confused. What part was addressing me?

I'd recommend keeping an eye out for a ~400W Delta power supply out of a Dell.  They are really cheap used (I've seen some for around $15 on Craigslist) and also high quality.  The 230W one you have should be fine, but in my experience having the peace of mind that your power supply won't go is worth the money for a half decent one.

@djdwosk97 @AlexTheGreatish @M.Yurizaki Just to make sure you all understand ... https://pcpartpicker.com/user/EasonIDontKnowAnything/saved/#view=mrrgsY THIS IS NOT INCLUDING MOTHERBOARD , KEYBOARD , MOUSE , SPEAKERS AND OTHER THINGS PLUGGED INTO THE COMPUTER THAT USES POWER. And it comes out as 205W. With a 230W PSU it could handle it right. And it won't have a more than 40% chance of killing my components right. THANKS

4 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Why in gods name are you building a computer with a G620 and a 550Ti. Please don't. 

Regardless, it should still be fine, but it will be close.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler