Best AM4 - B350 Mobo for 1600x [OC]

What is the best B350 mobo for ~100.

Needs to atleast have 4 sata ports and 2 pci-e 3.0 16x and ATX is preferred.

Planning to OC so VRM cooling is a must.

Also, does anybody know which manufacturerer atm is pushing the hardest with updates for ryzen? 

Thanks,

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Asrock AB350 Pro 4 seems good.

Lots of power phases, looks good, ATX, and has a pretty good BIOS track record

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

There aren't any with two pcie x16 3.0 electrical out there. Just physical (but one in reality is gonna be an x4 slot or something).

Maybe Prime Plus? Not too sure tho.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Asrock AB350 Pro 4 seems good.

Lots of power phases, looks good, ATX, and has a pretty good BIOS track record

It looks like it has 6 phases but it's really 3, check Buildzoid's analysis of it, the phases are in groups of two so that it looks like there are 6 but it's really just 3 with 6 stuck on there to make it look better.

A lot of others have 4 so it's actually worse.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

MSI b350 PC mate has all of those, though I'm not sure how good the VRMs are themself. 

It has 4+2 phase afaik. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

It looks like it has 6 phases but it's really 3, check Buildzoid's analysis of it, the phases are in groups of two so that it looks like there are 6 but it's really just 3 with 6 stuck on there to make it look better.

Wow.

Would've been nice to know before I bought one.

(But I'm OC'ing with the stock cooler anyway, so it really doesn't matter that much)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Well I dodged a bullet. 

9 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

What is the best B350 mobo for ~100.

Needs to atleast have 4 sata ports and 2 pci-e 3.0 16x and ATX is preferred.

Planning to OC so VRM cooling is a must.

Also, does anybody know which manufacturerer atm is pushing the hardest with updates for ryzen? 

Thanks,

if you need 2 PCIe 16x slots (presumably for multi-gpu) You need X370, not B350.

Just now, BluJay614 said:

if you need 2 PCIe 16x slots (presumably for multi-gpu) You need X370, not B350.

No. Certain B350 supports crossfire. You only need X370 for SLI. 

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

True, so long as you are willing to take a bit more of a bandwidth hit.

I ment just physically not electrically ;)

Just in case I get some it in my head to crossfire a AMD GPU.

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Just now, BluJay614 said:

True, so long as you are willing to take a bit more of a bandwidth hit.

Shouldn't be a issue as PCI-e 2.0 8x works for crossfire and Pci-e 3.0 4x is the same.

5 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

MSI b350 PC mate has all of those, though I'm not sure how good the VRMs are themself. 

It has 4+2 phase afaik. 

I think pretty much all the decent B350 boards are 4 phase :P. Just took a quick look at the tomahawk, mortar, prime plus, and gaming 3 and it looks like they're all 4 phase. AFAIK it's only the X370 boards that use more than 4.

3 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Wow.

Would've been nice to know before I bought one.

(But I'm OC'ing with the stock cooler anyway, so it really doesn't matter that much)

Yeah, probably only matters if you're trying to push around 4ghz, though even then I'm not sure.

(don't worry I recommended it to a ton of people on the forum before finding out so...)

2 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Well I dodged a bullet. 

I wouldn't say Pro4 is horrible though, just not as good.

1 minute ago, Arcanekitten said:

Shouldn't be a issue as PCI-e 2.0 8x works for crossfire and Pci-e 3.0 4x is the same.

Not really, 3.0 is not quite double 2.0 (I think it's like 1.6 times faster per pin?) so 2.0 x8 is actually a bit faster.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

I think pretty much all the decent B350 boards are 4 phase :P. Just took a quick look at the tomahawk, mortar, prime plus, and gaming 3 and it looks like they're all 4 phase. AFAIK it's only the X370 boards that use more than 4.

Yeah, probably only matters if you're trying to push around 4ghz, though even then I'm not sure.

(don't worry I recommended it to a ton of people on the forum before finding out so...)

I wouldn't say Pro4 is horrible though, just not as good.

Not really, 3.0 is not quite double 2.0 (I think it's like 1.6 times faster per pin?) so 2.0 x8 is actually a bit faster.

PCI-e 2.0 is 500MB/s per lane and PCI-e 3.0 is 985MB/s per lane.

Thus 4GB/s vs 3.94GB/s I.e Margine of error

1 minute ago, Arcanekitten said:

PCI-e 2.0 is 500MB/s per lane and PCI-e 3.0 is 985MB/s per lane.

Thus 4GB/s vs 3.94GB/s I.e Margine of error

Welp I remembered incorrectly :P 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

it was a statement, rather than just adding on to the previous comment. So I spaced it out

I'd recommend the gigabyte b350 gaming 3 ( i have one ) . Power delivery is stable and it has slightly more phases on SOC/CPU than other boards i've seen . GB is also pushing BIOS updates pretty fast , so that's a plus .

It has 6 sata 3.0 ports and 3 reinforced pcie x16 slots ( physical , not electrical ) .

Plus it has 5 fan/pump headers.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

29 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

crossfire works just fine , but you'll notice many boards are wired at 16x/4x instead of 8x/8x on x370. That's one of the reasons sli doesn't work btw.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case